Page 871 of 985 FirstFirst ... 371771821861867868869870871872873874875881921971 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,065 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Does Bernie have a bad civil rights record or is it just people crying that he doesn’t jump feet first into identity politics enough?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I support the death penalty. But it doesn't matter what I think about the death penalty. If I were Governor, I would not interfere with something that the majority of voters voted to back. It is the duty of a state governor or the US president to obey and serve the will of the people, not to pursue his own personal agenda.

The majority of Californians voted to reinstate the death penalty. Did the Californians also elect Governor Newsom to halt the state executions?

Apparently they did. The Governor has the power to stay any execution. He has chosen to do so.

The death penalty is barbaric. Discriminantly metered out and innocent people put to death.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Can Beto win the POTUS election against Trump when he lost the senate election to somebody who lost to Trump?
    How the hell am I supposed to know what the weirdos in our country are going to do or vote for in 2020?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    How the hell am I supposed to know what the weirdos in our country are going to do or vote for in 2020?
    Then what the hell are you good for

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Just be clear, I don't support these kinds of attacks on Sanders either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No I didn’t call civil rights identity politics. That a misrepresentation on your part. I questioned specifically where he was allegedly bad in civil rights because you have brought it up in the past and the only thing I can think of is that he doesn’t typically campaign under what is commonly labeled identity politics. Even if most of his policies have similar effects anyways.

You can try to counter me by denying that you see Sanders as threat but that isn’t congruent with your own argument since you usually are one of the first people to dive into the weeds and criticize him and jump into arguments over hime.
    I mentioned "civil rights" and you brought up "identity politics" as if the two are the same -- they aren't.

And what you are saying about me and Sanders is a complete lie -- the only thing I've brought up about Sanders is the sexual harassment scandal a few months ago and that was in response the continued attacks on Hillary. The only other thing I've really said about him is that I'll support him in the general if it comes to that -- in contrast to many "Bernie or Bust" voters who would vote for Trump if Sanders isn't the nominee. At worst I've said that marching decades ago doesn't qualify Sanders as having a strong civil rights record as a congressperson.

Anyway, there's no point in me getting into it with you about "identity politics" because I've been here before with Sanders supporters and it's a waste of time -- more relevantly, your entire argument is based on a lie that I see Sanders as a "threat" while you ignore my valid point about how even the Russians know you're being divisive and doing nothing positive for the Democratic party as a whole.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-14-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Senate votes to block Trump's 'emergency' at border

The Senate voted Thursday to block President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency intended to allow funding of a border wall, with a dozen GOP senators going against the White House. Trump said he would veto the measure, which passed the House by a large margin last month.

The final margin was 59-41. Republican senators voting for the resolution and against Trump were Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Roy Blunt of Missouri, Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, Rand Paul of Kentucky, Rob Portman of Ohio, Marco Rubio of Florida, Jerry Moran of Kansas, Roger Wicker of Mississippi, and Mitt Romney and Mike Lee of Utah.

https://news.yahoo.com/senate-votes-...184605180.html

12 Republicans finally had the balls to say no to Trump. Especially Marco Rubio and Mitt Romney.
    Neat I guess?

He will veto and their isn't enough to overrule it so *shrug*
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Isn't it awkward that Corey Booker's girlfriend used to be a Bernie Sis?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Why are we talking to Mets ?

He's never going to change his opinion and trying to come off as a "Sane" Republican when realistically he's a-ok with his Party and its descent into destruction.
    I said if the election were today, I'd back the Democratic frontrunner over Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Beto's running for a Cabinet position.
    He's got a pretty decent shot at being President.

The big question is going to be whether he's top-tier, with Biden, Sanders and Harris, or whether he's second-tier. We'll see from the reaction to his announcement.

I support the death penalty. But it doesn't matter what I think about the death penalty. If I were Governor, I would not interfere with something that the majority of voters voted to back. It is the duty of a state governor or the US president to obey and serve the will of the people, not to pursue his own personal agenda.

The majority of Californians voted to reinstate the death penalty. Did the Californians also elect Governor Newsom to halt the state executions?

Can Beto win the POTUS election against Trump when he lost the senate election to somebody who lost to Trump?
    To be completely fair, California voters upset at Newsom will likely have an opportunity in a few years to let him know he went too far, and send him packing. There is also an opportunity for recall elections in the state.

I don't think it's going to happen, but voters do have the chance to make their will known.

As for Beto, he certainly has a shot. There's a lot wrong with your statement, which makes me wonder if you're arguing in bad faith.

But it's a bit like arguing that because Reagan lost to Ford in the primary, he would have no shot against the man who defeated Ford in the General Election. History showed otherwise.

These are different electorates/ political environments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And what do you then think about the Manafort sentence?
    Indicative of how white collar criminals don't get lengthy enough sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Because the questions are irrelevant to the facts: namely that the Democrats have a solid record of negative immigration and have not proposed open border policies.

Conversely, the Republican record on immigration involves racist border wall proposals based on lies and separating mothers from children with no plans for reunification.

-----
    Facts (including citations):

The Trump administration family separation policy is an aspect of U.S. President Donald Trump's immigration policy. The policy was presented to the public as a "zero tolerance" approach intended to deter illegal immigration and to encourage tougher legislation.[1][2][3][4] It was adopted across the whole U.S.–Mexico border from April 2018 until June 2018,[5][6][7] however later investigations found that the practice of family separations had begun a year previous to the public announcement.[8] Under the policy, federal authorities separated children from parents or guardians with whom they had entered the US.[6][9][10] The adults were prosecuted and held in federal jails, and the children placed under the supervision of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.[6]

By early June 2018, it emerged that the policy did not include measures to reunite the families that it had separated.[11][12] Following national and international criticism,[13][14][15][16][17][18] on June 20, 2018, President Trump signed an executive order ending family separations at the border.[7] However in March 2019, a government report showed that since that time 245 children had been removed from their families, in some cases without clear documentation undertaken to track them in order to reunite them with their parents.[19]

On July 26, 2018, the Trump administration said that 1,442 children had been reunited with their parents while 711 remained in government shelters.[20] However, in January 2019 the administration acknowledged that thousands of children affected by the policy remained separated from their families, with officials uncertain of the exact number.[21][22]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_...aration_policy
    Negative immigration was the result of changes in other countries, rather than policies by Democratic Presidents. And I'll note Democrats haven't proposed any specifics of any sorts of legal immigration.

Family separation is a tough issue, since there is the question of whether we should provide admission into the US/ services to asylum claimants who are more likely than not to be rejected.

It is also still a relatively small number of people affected.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Isn't it awkward that Corey Booker's girlfriend used to be a Bernie Sis?
    And backed Jill Stein.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...didates-944954

I'm not kidding when I say that this is something that may have a big effect on the election. She's more prominent than any other candidate's significant other, she is a potential campaign surrogate for Hispanic voters, and there is the potential for a very public break-up.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Negative immigration was the result of changes in other countries, rather than policies by Democratic Presidents. And I'll note Democrats haven't proposed any specifics of any sorts of legal immigration.

Family separation is a tough issue, since there is the question of whether we should provide admission into the US/ services to asylum claimants who are more likely than not to be rejected.

It is also still a relatively small number of people affected.
    Sure, Mets.

Have a nice day -- let me know when you have some actual facts about the majority of Democrats passing "open border" policies.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-14-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Senate votes to block Trump's 'emergency' at border

The Senate voted Thursday to block President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency intended to allow funding of a border wall, with a dozen GOP senators going against the White House. Trump said he would veto the measure, which passed the House by a large margin last month.

The final margin was 59-41. Republican senators voting for the resolution and against Trump were Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Roy Blunt of Missouri, Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, Rand Paul of Kentucky, Rob Portman of Ohio, Marco Rubio of Florida, Jerry Moran of Kansas, Roger Wicker of Mississippi, and Mitt Romney and Mike Lee of Utah.

https://news.yahoo.com/senate-votes-...184605180.html

12 Republicans finally had the balls to say no to Trump. Especially Marco Rubio and Mitt Romney.
    You confuse me. Here you sound like you oppose Trump and his idiotic wall. Elsewhere you praise him for the Executive Order to appease his deplorable supporters.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!