Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Lol the Giant-Size discussion thread is gonna go down in CBR history.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm hoping to see Ka-Zar, Zaladane, Sauron, the Mutates and/or Garrokk show up.
    Yes! Sauron got his ass handed to him by Betsy last I remember seeing him so he better tread lightly. ;D
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes! Sauron got his ass handed to him by Betsy last I remember seeing him so he better tread lightly. ;D
    But that was when Betsy was still a weirdo so he should be fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    But that was when Betsy was still a weirdo so he should be fine now.
    How dare you.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Let's be real, I'm pretty getting that outcome is like 99% the reason it's even coming out.

If I were Hickman, I'd be doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ehhh the younger version of your ex bfs wife is hanging around with the teenage version of Said ex bf... Issues galore!!
    While on bendis everything was very civil...

People....a lot of whom are women stay in unhealthy relationships. Never doubt the power of the D!!
    The problem here is that she only knows one D
    over half the people involved Just returned to the land of the living. After that kinda emotional trauma the ethics of society don't seem quite as rigid
    That i snot how it works. People are what they are, it has little to do with outside enviroment after adults

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    How dare you.

What? You gotta admit she was a little weird during the end of her decade+ ninja phase.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Finally we're making some progress. How does that make u feel?
    It would make me feel good if it happened

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Let's be real, I'm pretty getting that outcome is like 99% the reason it's even coming out.

If I were Hickman, I'd be doing the same thing.
    DOX reads a lot like new 52, OOC and then sensationalism over good stories

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    While on bendis everything was very civil...

The problem here is that she only knows one D

That i snot how it works. People are what they are, it has little to do with outside enviroment after adults
    Really, adults don't change? Jean and Cyclops freaking died and/or watched their friends die all the time, and even both had a taste of infinite power. That changes you.

What? You gotta admit she was a little weird during the end of her decade+ ninja phase.
    Cranky, maybe. Although it would be interesting if they explored if something was indeed going on with her mentally just before her death/re-bodied resurrection.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm mostly afraid about it. I just hope whatever happens is about they doing something and not love drama.
    Wolverine and Cyclops have a cool relationship because even though Jean is between them their relationship is way more than that. They also fight for everything else.
    I hope what happens between Emma and Jean is something between them, with little from any other person.
    It would make me feel good if it happened
    I don't, despite his mistakes, Cyclops has cared deepely for Jean throught all the history of the X-men. He is not perfect but she has always been important to him. Jean is a huge part of Cyclops as he is of her.
    they may date other people, that happens in real life and in marvel comics but that doesn't mean they don't care about the other.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-30-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Really, adults don't change? Jean and Cyclops freaking died and/or watched their friends die all the time, and even both had a taste of infinite power. That changes you.
    That have nothing to do with sexual preferences. Jean die every week and it never changed.

People have to stop forcing things on characters that have nothing to do with it

BANNED

2010's Betsy was absolutely obnoxious and unreadable. All of a sudden shes a murder addict (which she wasnt even one of the XMen who kill ik the 90s and 00s), she has identity crisis after identity crisis, she cant feel remorse or whatever that was. Remender ruined her and Archangel by recycling Yost threads that Yost had already concluded. The only writer who did anything remotely interesting with Betsy was Spurrier who had her fuck a new Cable every day that was a classic moment Claremont would have been proud. Everything else is better forgotten.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    2010's Betsy was absolutely obnoxious and unreadable. All of a sudden shes a murder addict (which she wasnt even one of the XMen who kill ik the 90s and 00s), she has identity crisis after identity crisis, she cant feel remorse or whatever that was. Remender ruined her and Archangel by recycling Yost threads that Yost had already concluded. The only writer who did anything remotely interesting with Betsy was Spurrier who had her fuck a new Cable every day that was a classic moment Claremont would have been proud. Everything else is better forgotten.
    Does Cable even remember that happening?
    if I remember correctly that happened after he uploaded his memories.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

DOX reads a lot like new 52, OOC and then sensationalism over good stories
    Just because you keep saying this doesn't mean it's true. For plenty of others none of this reads as OOC or completely out of left field.

Or even if it's a change, it doesn't mean it's an unpleasant one.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yes there really is no real world equivalent to judge how accurately these people act.

When mutant super powers, cosmic fire birds, constant death and resurrection, and telepathy are added into the mix, I think the characters involved just saying "fuck it, let's try something new" is pretty believable.