Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Looks like you skipped over EXM #16 at 85 (34,630).

Here's Comichron's estimates for anyone interested in the whole shebang.
    I hope Bunn can bring the Uncanny readers to X-Men Blue, since along with Cable is the only one I'm really exited about.

And man, Batman really dominates, there's no way of denying, and I'm happy that the Superman sales are good, I hope that with all the good reviews it get even better.

P.S. Maybe if Renew Your Vows keep selleing better than the main Spider-Man book Marvel will come around and undo that garbage of One More Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    P.S. Maybe if Renew Your Vows keep selleing better than the main Spider-Man book Marvel will come around and undo that garbage of One More Day.
    Over Joe Quesada's dead body, unfortunately. He loathes Peter and MJ's marriage.

Wow. How the mighty have fallen!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Over Joe Quesada's dead body, unfortunately. He loathes Peter and MJ's marriage.
    I can just hope... And anyone knows what has been happen with MJ? Please tell me that Bendis don't put her in a relationship with Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    We are going to reach a point where the flagship relaunches after 10 issues.
    Did everyone missed the part where Marvel said they are now publishing all their books based on a "1 year TV season" model? They won't relaunch after 10 issues: they will after 12.

BANNED

So does Slott

People who think that the cast is all that matter are wrong: if the stories are crap, people will stop reading them, whatever the cast. Sure, a few hardcore fans will keep reading because their prefered character is in it but that's only a very small part of the readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    People who think that the cast is all that matter are wrong: if the stories are crap, people will stop reading them, whatever the cast. Sure, a few hardcore fans will keep reading because their prefered character is in it but that's only a very small part of the readers.
    I wholeheartedly, respectfully disagree. I think a lot of people follow characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    So does Slott
    Ok, here you got me, "Slott" is the pairing of Scott with who?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I wholeheartedly, respectfully disagree. I think a lot of people follow characters.
    Sales prove you wrong. Only a small number of people are ready to read crap just because of the characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    They do, but I think the dissappointment of Amazing X-Men + Extraordinary X-Men back to back has really soured fans on what once could be a reliable A-list lineup with top sales potential, as seen by the low enthusiasm for X-Men Gold.

BANNED

Sales prove you wrong. Only a small number of people are ready to read crap just because of the characters.

Explain ANXM (BMB) run? That sold very well! It has kitty and Jean. The entire run was **** from BOTA To BV up to the finale. Many bought the book just for the ART alone when it would have been smarter to purchase an actual art book of/from the artist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They do, but I think the dissappointment of Amazing X-Men + Extraordinary X-Men back to back has really soured fans on what once could be a reliable A-list lineup with top sales potential, as seen by the low enthusiasm for X-Men Gold.
    That has to do with the stories the writers are pumping and also not providing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Explain ANXM (BMB) run? That sold very well! It has kitty and Jean. The entire run was **** from BOTA To BV up to the finale. Many bought the book just for the ART alone when it would have been smarter to purchase an actual art book of/from the artist.
    That's just your own opinion. Bendis write pretty well. His style is interesting and fun. His stories are often controversial. Sure, the stories peace is often slow. Sure, the ending aren't as epic as people may have been expecting. But it is entertaining to read. The current books are just not interesting. They are plain boring. Nearly every issues of Bendis UXM and ANXM were reviewed by various web sites. There was always hundred posts long threads in the forum. Nobody is giving a damn about current books.

Oh, sure, you are going to say that people were reading Bendis because he is "a big name". But you confuse cause and effect: It's because of his writing that Bendis is a big name. Not the reverse.

If it was really only because of the cast, then EXM and the current ANXM should do as good if not better: Jean is in EXM and there is Storm, Magik, etc... But the sales are just going down. The cast didn't changed: it's the readers that are losing interest in those kind of stories, not in the characters.

Agree, I remember when I start reading Spider-Man I decide to take from issue one, them I find out about the Norman Osborne/Gwen Stacy thing, I drop everything Spider-Man related for almost 3 years, just now in 2016 I come back. I try to stick with my favorite characters (Superman, Cyclops, Green Arrow, Daredevil...) as long as possible, but if the story is really crap I just drop.