Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DCCoolness View Post
    I wonder how they would explain the Avengers' absence during Electro's attack in NYC if they connected both universes together. They could say the Avengers were on a mission in another country during the events of ASM 2. Maybe they consider Electro small fry compare to Loki, so they let Spidey handle it alone.
    Like I keep telling everyone who cares? Every heroes faced much worse crisis than this. It really shouldn't matter where the F4 were when the chitari attack. Him facing electro in NYC doesn't matter. It'd be annoying if every hero keep popping up in every issues and episodes just to help out the heroes. This is part of the reasons why self contained stories work.

BANNED

Default Keep garfield

I hope he appears in the marvel live action universe. Him in the avengers means nothing. Just give him better material as Peter Parker/spiderman. Continue the series with a show.

Quote Originally Posted by DCCoolness View Post
    I wonder how they would explain the Avengers' absence during Electro's attack in NYC if they connected both universes together. They could say the Avengers were on a mission in another country during the events of ASM 2. Maybe they consider Electro small fry compare to Loki, so they let Spidey handle it alone.
    Meh, its not really any different than Winter Soldier. Why not call in Thor, the Hulk and Iron Man. Frickin' SHIELD is being destroyed from the inside out, Fury is presumed dead, and its all happening like two blocks from the Avengers Tower!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Meh, its not really any different than Winter Soldier. Why not call in Thor, the Hulk and Iron Man. Frickin' SHIELD is being destroyed from the inside out, Fury is presumed dead, and its all happening like two blocks from the Avengers Tower!
    Wait doesn't Winter Soldier happen in Washington DC, not NYC?

Captain America was running near the Washington Monument in the opening scene, so possibly. Either way, the Avengers share the same world and someone would have called them or they would have found out about the whole Hydra thing and chipped in.

It didn't bother me that they didn't, because I was suspending my disbelief anyway. Superhero movie and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Honetly? No. I felt the changes and handling of Pete's backstory to be terrible, so I won't miss that not making it to MCU canon.
    Pretty much this. A Peter Parker that cares more about Richard Parker than Uncle Ben is not a Peter Parker who should be in the MCU.

Spectacular Member

I happen to agree with that opinIon. Basically Garfield gets Pete wrong ( long quite Harry Osborn wrong or Dunst MJ wrong, but still wrong). The one thing I do not understand is there were so many complaints about Spider-Man in the Avengers, and not being respected in the MCU, so now why all the Avengers love? I really believe that Spider-Man works best fighting street-level villains instead of Ultron or Kang ( a major reason I am looking forward to the Conway stories).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Captain America was running near the Washington Monument in the opening scene, so possibly. Either way, the Avengers share the same world and someone would have called them or they would have found out about the whole Hydra thing and chipped in.

It didn't bother me that they didn't, because I was suspending my disbelief anyway. Superhero movie and all that.
    Actually, there was a somewhat good reason. S.H.I.E.L.D. had been infiltrated and co-opted by HYDRA. Steve and Natasha couldn't trust contacting anyone for help that would've already been under S.H.I.E.L.D.'s watch, such as the Avengers, especially since HYDRA intended Tony Stark to be one of the main casualties of debuting its new world order. They got away with Sam Wilson largely because he wasn't on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar and thus could be the wildcard against HYDRA.

Back on topic, however it happens, I'd be happy to see Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, though a TV show would be better than a movie since Spider-Man's story has so many twists and turns and defining moments that you can't compress into three or four movies and a TV show would give more room to flesh out those developments.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler53 View Post
    I happen to agree with that opinIon.[b] Basically Garfield gets Pete wrong[b/](long quite Harry Osborn wrong or Dunst MJ wrong, but still wrong). The one thing I do not understand is there were so many complaints about Spider-Man in the Avengers, and not being respected in the MCU, so now why all the Avengers love? I really believe that Spider-Man works best fighting street-level villains instead of Ultron or Kang ( a major reason I am looking forward to the Conwaiy stories).
    Not even close. Garfield's Peter is exactly like ultimate in the first movie and 616 in the second. He also didn't seem much like a bad guy. Tobey just got Peter wrong. He may have some aspects of Peter but his personality he gets wrong. Peter was never such a marsh mellow. Please do not ever compare garfield with dunst and franci ever again. That's pretty offensive

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually, there was a somewhat good reason. S.H.I.E.L.D. had been infiltrated and co-opted by HYDRA. Steve and Natasha couldn't trust contacting anyone for help that would've already been under S.H.I.E.L.D.'s watch, such as the Avengers, especially since HYDRA intended Tony Stark to be one of the main casualties of debuting its new world order. They got away with Sam Wilson largely because he wasn't on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar and thus could be the wildcard against HYDRA.

Back on topic, however it happens, I'd be happy to see Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, though a TV show would be better than a movie since Spider-Man's story has so many twists and turns and defining moments that you can't compress into three or four movies and a TV show would give more room to flesh out those developments.
    100% Agreed. When watching TASM series they feel more like tv shows than movies.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Not even close. Garfield's Peter is exactly like ultimate in the first movie and 616 in the second. He also didn't seem much like a bad guy. Tobey just got Peter wrong. He may have some aspects of Peter but his personality he gets wrong. Peter was never such a marsh mellow. Please do not ever compare garfield with dunst and franci ever again. That's pretty offensive
    Calling whatever the hell those movies Garfield was in "Spider-Man" movies is pretty offensive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Calling whatever the hell those movies Garfield was in "Spider-Man" movies is pretty offensive.
    it really wasn't. in the first movie he does care for his uncle. not as much as tobey but he was pretty okay with him. having peter be this marshmellow all the time is offensive.

Let's all go to Exaggeration Station!

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    it really wasn't. in the first movie he does care for his uncle. not as much as tobey but he was pretty okay with him. having peter be this marshmellow all the time is offensive.
    "Amazing" gives meaningless platitudes to Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Peter doesn't catch Ben's killer, and doesn't seem to care much. He tells Aunt May that Richard Parker should be at his graduation when May mentions Uncle Ben. This obsession with Peter's bio parents over Uncle Ben and Aunt May is very un-Spidey like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Let's all go to Exaggeration Station!
    The Amazing films are really quite terrible. Hopefully we get a halfway decent Spidey film soon.

BANNED

"Amazing" gives meaningless platitudes to Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Peter doesn't catch Ben's killer, and doesn't seem to care much. He tells Aunt May that Richard Parker should be at his graduation when May mentions Uncle Ben. This obsession with Peter's bio parents over Uncle Ben and Aunt May is very un-Spidey like.
    Peter stops for a while because he realizes that what he's doing is a mistake. His guilt blinded his responsibilities like it always does. Ben had a bigger role in the sequel but was cut.

The Amazing films are really quite terrible. Hopefully we get a halfway decent Spidey film soon.
    Hopefully we'll get a decent sequel