Page 135 of 613 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    He's a halfs breed raised within the inner court.
    Half-breed? She didn't have sex with a demon. The pic Gentle has shows she was in a relationship I Wakanda, so there must not have been a problem during the relationship otherwise she wouldn't have had a child by him and given him a German name.

It would have been better if it turned out he had a German family then abandoned her after he was born. The her resentful nature would make sense.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Certainly she is not being used to full potential in Marauders, but I am willing to sit tight until her one shot in June before I state she should move. I am excited Hickman has a plan for her and I am willing to wait to see what that is.
    me too. I hear the issue in june will be the start of a new storyline for her do we have any confirmation Hickman said that?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Due to Wakanda xenophobia.Nezhno is considered an outsider amongst his own people. Nezhno himself made that clear. He himself is not the first an only Wakandian that has this similar issue.
    Two. Since being created neither X-Men or Black Panther title have ever given him true and in-depth back story. To further explain his unique situation.
    His mother has been shown to be alive and well and still hold deep shame for herself and him.
    His father is presumably dead but (you know the xbooks).
    And Storm herself had to keep Mister Fantastic from phishing into Wakandian Mutant and Empowered during civil war. T'Challa himself also stated that it was due to Nezhno unique social and health situation and also Ororo's behalf he sent him over to the X-Men.
    Despite Wakanda Standar Mutant protocol. Prior to that time he has been raise under T'Challa guardianship and within the inner court of Wakanda.
    (And there are time Where I wonder if he is a Secret Agent of T'Challa)
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 03-04-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Due to Wakanda xenophobia.Nezhno is considered an outsider amongst his own people. Nezhno himself made that clear. He himself is not the first an only Wakandian that has this similar issue.
    Two. Since being created neither X-Men or Black Panther title have ever given him true and in-depth back story. To further explain his unique situation.
    His mother has been shown to be alive and well and still hold deep shame for herself and him.
    His father is presumably dead but (you know the xbooks).
    And Storm herself had to keep Mister Fantastic from phishing into Wakandian Mutant and Empowered during civil war. T'Challa himself also stated that it was due to Nezhno unique social and health situation and also Ororo's behalf he sent him over to the X-Men.
    Despite Wakanda Standar Mutant protocol. Prior to that time he has need raise under T'Challa guardianship and within in the in court of Wakanda.
    I know the background. I'm saying it's stupid. And further evidence that X writes should be nowhere near the black panther franchise.

They needed him to be ostracized so he'd be relatable to the other x kids they stuck him with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I know the background. I'm saying it's stupid. And further evidence that X writes should be nowhere near the black panther franchise.
    that's one example. coates (he wants to be an xwriter) didnt write wakanda as xenophobic, nor did the marvel book where forge and shuri raced against each other indicate they were xenophobic.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Beside no Storm Muaraders was a really good issue
    It actually was pretty good. It wasn't Great, but still Good.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that's one example. coates (he wants to be an xwriter) didnt write wakanda as xenophobic, nor did the marvel book where forge and shuri raced against each other indicate they were xenophobic.
    I don't mind them being xenophobic, its Gentles' background story I take issue with in this case.

I don't mind them being xenophobic, its Gentles' background story I take issue with in this case.
    but it's the part of them being xenophobic that make his backstory bad. how do you separate that?

at any rate what I love about the current BP run is we see tchalla making allies worh mutants and non-mutants. I dont see wakanda being a nation that wouldnt accept help during a crisis simply because you are non wakandan.

but it's the part of them being xenophobic that make his backstory bad. how do you separate that?

at any rate what I love about the current BP run is we see tchalla making allies worh mutants and non-mutants. I dont see wakanda being a nation that wouldnt accept help during a crisis simply because you are non wakandan.
    The problem is they have no reason to be xenophobic towards him.

yea I didnt see her there but cant say I'm surprised. such an entertaining book.
    Ah thanks. I wanted to confirm early so it saves me a trip to the lcs. I’ll skip this issue too then. And I agree Storm shouldn’t remain in Marauders at this point. 9 issues in and while she’s had a couple of cool moments in the 2 or 3 issues I have she’s the only big name with no direction/significant role. I wish she could fit on the X-Force roster.

The problem is they have no reason to be xenophobic towards him.
    isnt it because his parent was was an outsider he was treated as such though?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Ah thanks. I wanted to confirm early so it saves me a trip to the lcs. I’ll skip this issue too then. And I agree Storm shouldn’t remain in Marauders at this point. 9 issues in and while she’s had a couple of cool moments in the 2 or 3 issues I have she’s the only big name with no direction/significant role. I wish she could fit on the X-Force roster.
    you're welcome. the issue is primarily emma and bishop but considering it all was an illusion it kinda fell flat for me.

and agreed her role in the book seemed to hinge around kitty and seeing that she isnt a member of hellfire club, as well as kitty being dead, there doesnt seem to be any use for her. I would prefer ororo to be on a team where her abilities can fully shine where she isnt reduced to simply a glorified lightning thrower or used to power a sailless boat. I'm not sure xfactor would be that book but its abundantly clear that 9 issues in on a book she is a team member and not a guest character like in bp that marauders is NOT the book where this will happen.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-04-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Pretty sure the X-office created Gentle. Has he even ever appeared in a Black Panther comic?

Also, he's a very underdeveloped character, and in no way do I see him with Shuri, especially when she and Eden Fesi(Manifold) have been dating(and while he's also a fairly underdeveloped character, I find him a lot more interesting).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I liked that something was blooming between him and Trinary in XMR.
    I hope that pairing could be explored somewhere.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-04-2020 at 02:02 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Pretty sure the X-office created Gentle. Has he even ever appeared in a Black Panther comic?

Also, he's a very underdeveloped character, and in no way do I see him with Shuri, especially when she and Eden Fesi(Manifold) have been dating(and while he's also a fairly underdeveloped character, I find him a lot more interesting).
    now that you mention I cant recall any issue where he appeared in a BP book. interesting. maybe Cville is on to something.