Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I wonder if Magneto still has that Destiny diary he got after decimation that convinced him to keep looking for a way out for M-Day and if Hickman will address Necrosha because there Magneto had a small interaction with Destiny but that time she chose to be dead again, I hope so because that story was awesome.

Anyway, I think Destiny is going to be brought back one way or the other, Hickman is building a pretty interesting intellectual fight between her and Moira with Raven, Charles and Max acting as their tools. Still Magneto and Xavier already were pretty clear with Moira about the need for Irene to be back, the main problem here imo is Charles and Moira´s own feelings for Mystique and Destiny, it kind of took me by surprise but really it makes a lot of sense for Charles to hate mystique after she went on to kill Moira for "**** and giggles", even going so far as to stab Rogue to get to her, yes, now we know Moira was not killed this doesn´t change the fact the Mystique would do it again especially if Destiny asked her. Hilariously the one person in the room who´s able to talk more or less reasonable to both Raven and Charles is Magneto, my guess is that he was the one who convinced Charles to make Moira´s prohibition on precognitive mutants temporal
    When did they ever say that they needed Destiny back? They said they needed to come clean with everyone but I don't recall them saying they need Destiny back.

Some of y’all really think we’re sooner gonna see Mystique “burn Krakoa to the ground” than see Xavier and Magneto go behind Moira’s back like they already did and bring precogs back. C’mon now....

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Given that Mystique is a huge security nightmare waiting to happen, I'm starting to suspect that the goal is to have every mutant who has ever lived up to this point physically present on Krakoa. Obviously just killing her or Sabretooth would simplify things immensely, so its either bad writing or a plot point.

And when **** hits the fan, I hope it hits all at once. Like, everything Beast is doing turns the Avengers and other hero groups against them at the same time it comes out Emma used blackmail to get Krakoa established, and the drugs are sinister AND the Terra Verde, and they are left with no allies and the entire world as their enemies. Now THAT would be a shitshow.
    Or, more likely, the fallout of certain issues will slowly dole out and make more great arcs but not affect the whole of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I have to admit, i would never guessed that Destiny would become this big player in the X-Men mythos, a very minor character that has been death for decades.
    Or Moira McTaggart, for that matter. Taking two dead, C-level characters and elevating them to universe-changing factors is mindblowing.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    When did they ever say that they needed Destiny back? They said they needed to come clean with everyone but I don't recall them saying they need Destiny back.
    They need Destiny back because that was the one condition Mystique made to work with them and their talk of them coming clean with everyone was made because Moira said what if Destiny tells eveyone the truth? to which they answered that someday they all deserve to learn the truth just like they did.

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

This was actually a good issue.

Also, super-arrogant and disrespectful Xavier is not my kind of Xavier. I'm tired of his schtick and want him to perma-die.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Mystique betraying everyone (again! crazy b*tch) is too obvious so I'm guessing there's another twist.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Or Moira McTaggart, for that matter. Taking two dead, C-level characters and elevating them to universe-changing factors is mindblowing.
    And Eyeboy gets a main spot on a team roster while once more popular characters, like Pixie and Hellion, are stuck in limbo. What a weird time to be alive

This issue was fantastic. We're finally picking up on the threads that Hickman started and I think the payoff will be worth the wait. I don't think things will end well for Mystique if she bucks though. Mags and Charles are just way out of her league.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This issue was fantastic. We're finally picking up on the threads that Hickman started and I think the payoff will be worth the wait. I don't think things will end well for Mystique if she bucks though. Mags and Charles are just way out of her league.
    Here's what's gonna happen-Mystique will lose the battle and get thrown in the hole, but Charles, Magneto, and Moira will lose the war once Destiny returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Here's what's gonna happen-Mystique will lose the battle and get thrown in the hole, but Charles, Magneto, and Moira will lose the war once Destiny returns.
    Xavier and Magneto want to bring Destiny back....

If it really is just as simple as everyone finding mutants always lose (according to Moira), I'm going to be disappointed. That's the text on the page, but I'm still hoping there's more too it. Moira's alternate/erased/whatever universes is full of problems that have been discussed to death on other topics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Only eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Like when she sent Wolverine to Hell? Or come back from Hell? Or messed Gambit and Rogue relationship up? Or when she killed Graydon Creed? Or she played the X-men and Sinister to save Rogue with Baby Hope? Or played the O5? Or when she killed Moyra and stabbed Rogue? See that's the thing about her, she is always out of her league but when she is driven as is the case here then she is at her most dangerous, plus Xavier and Lensherr are being quite arrogant in thinking they got a handle on her or the situation as a whole. Do I believe Xavier and Lensherr have a plan to contain her? Yes, of course, but do I think it will stop her goal to bring her wife or burn Krakoa down to the ground? No way in hell. This is Mystique being written well for once and that makes her more than just some average villain, she will have plans withing plans to do what her wife asked of her and i want to see where her story goes with that mission. Not because I hate Krakoa or mutants but because Hickman has me hooked on where he is taking this character down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    But they won't because Destiny foresaw it, she was right when she told her about Krakoa, about their promise to her, about their lie to her. Destiny is the carrot they are dangling to get Raven to dance to their tune, problem is that Irene gave her a heads up.

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone else just love that we can just openly say thay Destiny and Raven weren't just close, weren't just in a relationship, but were married and deep soulmates? It's so nice.