Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

I just read that article on Newsarama about Wilson leaving. While I feel overall, her run has been somewhere in the middle with a few peaks, I did love the fact that she resolved the issue of Diana being able to travel to Themyscria once again. I was rather hoping that she would pull Donna Troy into the main WW book after she said in an article that she was very open to it but, looks like we'll get another writer so she'll be wrapping up her storylines instead. My hopes is that with another writer we don't get the status quo of: developing a new supporting cast in favor of established characters and they include fan favorite characters such as Donna Troy, Artemis, Cassie, Steve, Etta, and some island-based Amazons like Antiope, Hippolyta, Philippus, etc.

With Orlando coming on board I foresee some good things coming for the Rogues Gallery.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm kind of ok with this. I was enjoying Wilson's run at first, and still do for the most part but it hasn't been overly exciting. I do love that she at least resolved some dangling plot threads before she left.

Excited for Orlando. Hopefully he has a lengthy run.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    I just read that article on Newsarama about Wilson leaving. While I feel overall, her run has been somewhere in the middle with a few peaks, I did love the fact that she resolved the issue of Diana being able to travel to Themyscria once again. I was rather hoping that she would pull Donna Troy into the main WW book after she said in an article that she was very open to it but, looks like we'll get another writer so she'll be wrapping up her storylines instead. My hopes is that with another writer we don't get the status quo of: developing a new supporting cast in favor of established characters and they include fan favorite characters such as Donna Troy, Artemis, Cassie, Steve, Etta, and some island-based Amazons like Antiope, Hippolyta, Philippus, etc.
    Orlando uses obscure characters from old WW lore with seemingly little prompting, so I don't think we have to worry about this.

Yesss, so excited for Orlando and his love of Diana's obscure rogues!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yesss, so excited for Orlando and his love of Diana's obscure rogues!
    We might finally get a full Villainy Inc reunion!!!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Who and how do we blackmail to get Orlando as the regular writer?? We seriously need him to stay!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    G. WILLOW WILSON Exiting WONDER WOMAN for 'Bucket-List-Dream Project': https://www.newsarama.com/46627-g-wi...m-project.html
    Should we make a new thread? Feel like Orlando deserves his own thread to talk about his run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steve Orlando's taking over.

I wonder what this bucket list project is?
    If Bleeding Cool is to be believed it’s Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Who and how do we blackmail to get Orlando as the regular writer?? We seriously need him to stay!
    You’re in luck, he’s the new ongoing writer!

Yaaayyy Orlando! My First Choice!

In other news I'm hanging out my shingle tomorrow as a fortune teller, hopefully one day you can look for my show on TLC.

Incredible Member

I am so hoping Orlando doesn’t just keep retreading WW vs. one god or another. I’m tired of these stories. I want Wonder Woman the super hero, the JLA member.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I am so hoping Orlando doesn’t just keep retreading WW vs. one god or another. I’m tired of these stories. I want Wonder Woman the super hero, the JLA member.
    If there's any writer I'm confident in mining Diana's Rogues Gallery, it's Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Should we make a new thread? Feel like Orlando deserves his own thread to talk about his run.

If Bleeding Cool is to be believed it’s Batman.

You’re in luck, he’s the new ongoing writer!
    Please, let it be so !

I think low-power characters works better for GWW than the super-powered.

This is fine and not fine. Fine in the sense I was disappointed with the run. Not fine because its very often now that writers I think going in will do a good job leave me disappointed. Let's hope Orlando is the charm.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Please, let it be so !

I think low-power characters works better for GWW than the super-powered.
    Unfortunately looks like I jumped the gun, Bleeding Cool didn’t actually post that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unfortunately looks like I jumped the gun, Bleeding Cool didn’t actually post that lol.
    Damn it ! You're crushing them, my hopes ! CRUSHING THEM, I tell you !

Do we know if Orlando is staying on or just filling in until a new writer comes?