Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Superhero - Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew). She's a complete badass and y'all should really be reading her book.

Favorite Villian - Maximus the Mad. I just love to hate him. He's awesome.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

My favorite Marvel superhero is Daredevil:

Favorite superheroine is Invisible Woman:

Favorite villain is Doctor Doom:

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Astonishing Member

Favorite Super hero- Peter Parker, Spiderman- For shouldering the great responsibility with humor and fortitude, while seldom benefiting from the acclaim and affirmation enjoyed by other Super heroes, Many of whom are much more powerful and/or have access to greater resources. Villain? Always found Magneto fascinating for moral grayness of his motivation and machinations.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Super Hero: Ms. Marvel She is a wonderfully depicted young woman with a good heart trying to balance a lot of competing forces in her life but has a heart of gold.

Villain: Captain Marvel She is a great thug; a totalitarian jack booted enemy of the constitution and ordered liberty taken right from today's headlines. She is almost too realistic.

<------- this guy

For a lot of reasons, actually. I relate to him on so many levels. First the scientific side of him. I too have made a career in science, even though not as far as getting a doctorate. The scientific side of things has always interested me since I was a little kid. When I was 5, I wanted to be Marie Curie when I grew up (LOL!). The idea of a superhero fighting crime and villains by using science is more appealing to me than smashing around or firing on someone else. I always thought that there has to be a better way than violence to solve things, so on this I relate to Hank a big deal.

I also relate on a more personal level. His insecurities, his self-doubts, that speaks to me just as much as his willingness to help others just because he can, without waiting for something in return (aside from a bit of respect, which he seldom gets... but he still keeps going). He pours his heart into what he's involved in, sometimes so much so that he gets ill from it when he can't do anything about a situation. He never gives up on people, and he's always willing to give people a second chance. He sees the good in others. I always thought it was a shame that he couldn't see it in himself...

Sutekh described very well the essence of the character and brought up pretty much everything I like about him.

Hard to pick one there are several characters who love and probably this could change depending on the day.

Marvel

Heroes
    Cyclops: (or you die a hero or live long enough to become the villain). Yeah I know it's Hitler for some but for me he is the hero who sacrificed everything for his people when they needed it most.

Spider Man: I can say it was one of my first heroes in childhood and his cartoon introduced me to the world of comics.

Heroines:
    Ms Marvel (Kamala): Many heroes today in marvel act like jerks or believe that the end justifies the means is good to have someone who is still innocent and is willing to play by the rules and give hope to the readers.

Then come several heroines mutants but can not choose between them.

Female Villains:
    Mystique
    Madame Hydra

Villains:
    Magneto: Men create their own demons.
    Green Goblin (Norman Osborn): The first and one of the most dangerous opponents for Peter.

DC

Heroes
    Batman: obvious
    Kyle Rayner: Hope and Life

Heroines:
    Donna Troy: Wonder Girl, Darkstar and Troia
    Barbara Gordon: Batgirl / Oracle

Villains
    Sinestro
    Deathstroke

Female villains
    Harley Quinn: She was a villain for a long time
    Catwoman: I confess in the case it is difficult to say for sure.

Fantastic Member

Spider-man cause of the 90s animated show is my favorite Superhero.

No idea who my Favorite villain is but it's definitely an X-Men one like Magneto, Sinister or Apocalypse since they were all awesome in the 90s animated show. I've been waiting for the comics to cement one as my favorite but Apocalypse hasn't featured until the recent story and it was bad, Magneto has been on the side of the X-Men and the only Sinister I've seen has been written by Keiron Gillen who's writing I did not like. Although Lemire's go at him in the first extraordinary arc was much better.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Incredible Member

Off the top of my head.

Favorite hero: tie between Jamie Madrox and Darkhawk

Favorite villain: get back to you

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Favourite Male Hero: Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Favourite Female Hero: Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel

Favourite villian: It's a tie between Kingpin and Doctor Doom.

Niffleheim

Favorite Female Heroine: Ororo Munroe/Storm

Favorite Male Hero: Daredevil or Nightcrawler

Favorite Villain: Thanos

Reason: Their faith and belief system.

I HATE ANTI-HEROES
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-03-2016 at 02:21 AM.

currently, Nighthawk and Dwayne Taylor are vying for my #1 marvel hero. i'm more like Dwayne than Nighthawk; so he has that going for him.

my favorite Villain is Living Laser. he's one of the rare self-created and somewhat sympathetic supervillains; who is actually a believable threat. i'm surprised that he doesn't get more use. he's also got a really cool yet deceptively simple design.

My favorite supervillain identity is Tremolo; a character who only appeared once (issue of grummet T-bolts) as part of the Great Game. I like him because we never saw his face or learned his name. plus he has the power set that I would choose; as a Marvel character. it's fun to think that I could be a character in the Marvel Universe.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-31-2016 at 10:11 AM.

I grew up liking Richard Rider Nova, and he's still my favorite. I think the main reason for that is that Rich was always a little rough around the edges, but he ALWAYS wanted to do the right thing. Also thought his powers and costume were cool.

Favorite Marvel villain was the Scorpion (Mac Gargan). I always liked his origin story of J. Jonah Jameson paying for him to be transformed to fight Spider-Man.

Favorite Superhero: She Hulk (Jennifer Walters)

she_hulk_by_dandonfuga-da6d1u3.jpg
    (Fan art by dandonfuga)

You know, most of the time when I have been asked this question the name I give is Squirrel Girl, and while I do love Doreen dearly, a new character has jumped up the ranks. Why do I love Jenifer Walters so much? Well, I will admit I am a sucker for strong, beautiful woman who could crush me into a pulp with just their little finger... but there is a lot more to Jen then just that. She has a brilliant wit which compliments her intelligence. She is a flawed human being, like the rest of us, but is incredibly kind and understanding thanks to having a fantastic moral compass. She is simply the type of superhero I admire.

Looking forward to her new book in December and seeing where the writer takes her next!

Honorable mentions: Squirrel Girl, Angela, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) Howard the Duck, Carol Danvers

I'm generally gravitate towards the anti-heroes... so Deadpool and Gambit are right at the top. But I separate them from superheroes... because they don't really fit that mold. So in terms of superheroes Iceman and Cyclops are 1 and 1a.

I love Iceman's ability to keep things lighthearted in the face of some pretty dangerous events, his dedication and loyalty to his friends, and his capabilities that he's only just beginning to show.

Out of all the characters I read, I probably most relate to Cyclops in terms of being a leader. I've always been a captain of my teams and just sort of naturally fall into that role, even now as a high school football and lacrosse coach.

Mr Sinister is my favorite villain. Love the guy. Always have.
    Last edited by cc008; 10-31-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Default Angel / Kang / Mister Miracle / Lucifer Morningstar

MARVEL:

8413f527788bb19a9568c1a6ece7e4c8.jpg

Super-Hero: ANGEL, Warren K. Worthington III [other aliases: Archangel, Death]
    Honourable Mentions: Longshot, Black Bolt, Wiccan, Chamber, Iron Fist, Iceman, Cyclops, Hellion, Shatterstar, Northstar, X-Man, Cypher, Legion, Spider-Man, Adam Warlock, Hellstorm, Quasar, Nova

I grew up on the X-Men and as a little kid (and as an adult) always dreamed of flying. So the original team holds a special place in my heart, and Angel was always my favourite, followed very closely by Bobby and Scott. But I always loved Angel's storyline and the descent into Archangel and all the pain that came along with that. His story in the comics these days is a friggin' mess, but I hope he comes back as a major X-Men player soon. I am also a huge fan of subtle mutant powers (like Longshot, Angel, Domino, Cypher, etc.).

1596201-kang.jpg

Super-Villain: KANG, the Conqueror [other aliases: Scarlet Centurion, Rama-Tut]
    Honourable Mentions: Mister Sinister, Exodus, Empath, Omega Red, Juggernaut, Dr. Doom, Enchantress, Hela, Mephisto, Dormammu

Time travel is a very interesting concept and Kang is obviously all about that. I also fell in love with the character when I first read Avengers Forever -- Busiek's Kang is perfect in that storyline, and I love how strong-willed he is. Carlos Pacheco also drew a hell of a Kang in that series. I always thought he was a match for Doom, even though Marvel writers tend to favour Doom whenever they do butt heads. One of the things I enjoy most is that his powers are really all tech-based and his use/creation of that tech coupled with his intellect. Also, you can't go wrong with that classic Kirby design.

DC:

Scott_Free_Gods_and_Monsters_0001.jpg

Super-Hero: MISTER MIRACLE, Scott Free
    Honourable Mentions: Nightwing, Element Lad, Flash (Wally West), Cosmic Boy, Superboy, Obsidian, Hourman, Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Aquaman, Phantom Stranger, Sun Boy, Dove, Aqualad (Garth)

There's nothing I like more from DC universe than the Fourth World and all the Kirby creations. Scott Free has always been my favourite. Again, another power that is kind of hard to even specify, but I love it. I also love his relationship with Barda and his connections to the JLA/Superman. Another excellent Kirby design.

Super-Villain: LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR, Samael
    Honourable Mentions: Brainiac, Scarecrow, Darkseid, Steppenwolf, Poison Ivy, the Joker, Bane, Black Adam, Slade, Solomon Grundy

Not sure if I should consider him a super-villain, but the Lucifer from the Mike Carey Vertigo series is perhaps my favourite comic book character of all time. That series is certainly my fav.