Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I doubt Ultimates will be cancelled. First of all, the sales aren't thaat bad comparing to a lot of books, two, it seems to be something pretty important to the MU right know, in terms of story and everything. Three, it have Black Panther and Captain Marvel on the team, two characters that Marvel wants to push because of the movies.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I Would be very surprised if it is cancelled altogether. The Ultimates name still seem important to Marvel. Additions/changes to the lineup is the more likely option.

Incredible Member

This was the best issue in the series so far ! It's rare that i'll read an issue twice but this issue made me do it . This is my type of sci fi comic .
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    They're not at the right power level - not just physical power, but also influence - and they don't have the right attitudes.

Look, they're good characters. I like them all. I'm glad to see them getting used, and I'd love for them to get even more use. But Ultimates is really, really not the right place for them.

I also don't think the book needs a "random wacky factor." Ultimates is a more serious book. It has some jokes, sure. But the humour tends to be more grounded. Adding a wacky character would throw off the tone of the book too much.
    I must agree. I'm a recent convert (still adjusting to the shock, if I'm being honest) to the Squirrel Girl appreciation, but her presence makes much more sense among Roberto's heroes.

Champagne-Bot is awesome.
    SO Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Eternity. The universe. Basically the universe is trying to ice our heroes.
    ETERNITY??

<ahem>

Like -- for an ETERNITY WAR?? (New Avengers readership smells what I'm stepping in)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I must agree. I'm a recent convert (still adjusting to the shock, if I'm being honest) to the Squirrel Girl appreciation, but her presence makes much more sense among Roberto's heroes.

SO Awesome.

ETERNITY??

<ahem>

Like -- for an ETERNITY WAR?? (New Avengers readership smells what I'm stepping in)
    I get what you're putting down.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    I get what you're putting down.
    Let's hope Mister Ewing isn't a big ol' tease, eh?