Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I feel like most of the MCU films portrayed any non-Avengers films as filler. They made a franchise that couldn't really stand on its individual characters.
    The only aspect of that characterization I'd agree with is that the Spider-Man movies had more Stark than I'd expect, but we'd had five completely MCU-adjacent Spider-Man movies in the past decade, so Marvel kind of *had* to do something very different than a *third* retelling of Peter's origin.

But the other non-Avengers movies, Guardians, Dr. Strange and Ant-Man could as easily not been in the MCU at all as much as Cap and Tony mattered to the plots. And since two of the three already have sequels, and the Dr. Strange sequel is on the way, they seem more like successful chapters in the franchise, not 'filler.'

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The only thing Ultimate Steve had in common with his 616 counterpart was being anti-Nazi. You don't need to be a pure-hearted good guy to be that.
    My point being there really is room for an even more grey Captain America. Besides, it is not like the point of Ultimate Cap was that he was Captain America but with a blurrier moral code.

When I heard about the Cyclops-Jean-Wolverine open relationship thing, I groaned. Grant Morrison was smart in getting rid of that dynamic. I would rather have a writer tackle the idea of Jean not needing to be around those guys and find her own way. It's been more than 40(?) years of this. Please kill this storyline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn85 View Post
    When I heard about the Cyclops-Jean-Wolverine open relationship thing, I groaned. Grant Morrison was smart in getting rid of that dynamic. I would rather have a writer tackle the idea of Jean not needing to be around those guys and find her own way. It's been more than 40(?) years of this. Please kill this storyline.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...iverse/page385

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    My point being there really is room for an even more grey Captain America. Besides, it is not like the point of Ultimate Cap was that he was Captain America but with a blurrier moral code.
    Actually he was. In fact, Mark Millar has gone on record that he wrote Ultimate Captain America as a criticism of post-9/11 U.S. military propaganda. To be clear, I am not disagreeing with your point that there is room for grey Captain America. I'm just saying that one already existed.

We have seen Captain America and Captain Hydra, but where is my morally ambiguous Cap?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

My biggest, at the moment, is that none of Hickman's Marvel stories have been worth it in the end-- not SHIELD, FF, Avengers/Secret Wars, and now, not X-Men (although we're not at the end yet, but it seems clear already).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Boisterously Confused

The closest I can think of to what you describe might be the Cap arc that saw him become Nomad, immediately following the original Secret Empire story. Although that would be closer to a Demoralized Cap than a Morally Ambiguous Cap.

Maybe Paladin is the closest fit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    My biggest, at the moment, is that none of Hickman's Marvel stories have been worth it in the end-- not SHIELD, FF, Avengers/Secret Wars, and now, not X-Men (although we're not at the end yet, but it seems clear already).
    yeah pretty much, it really looks like X-men is going same way. Maybe even worse as he is barely interesting on telling stories, seems ike he is bored already.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn85 View Post
    That is pure Hickman trolling fans, but anyway you are right: noe of these guys can support jean the way she needs.

Also independent women written by Hickman? no way
    Last edited by baxer; 11-12-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Despite complaints from some, the mid-2010's All-New All-Different/Marvel Now era of Marvel was extremely strong. A lot of good books came out in that time and it also created a lot of good new characters.

I'm just saying that one already existed.
    Maybe. Even if that is the case, it was not really a satisfactory one. It was good, but not quite good enough in this particular area.

Extraordinary Member

Nova Sam Alexander should date his enemy Kaldera.

They had more chemistry and audience appealing relationship than any of his other potential love interests.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Nova Sam Alexander should date his enemy Kaldera.

They had more chemistry and audience appealing relationship than any of his other potential love interests.
    I could see that working out

Tony Stark: Iron Man is better than the current Iron Man series.

That the Marvel universe, after 59 years in real time, has not come up with a suitable in-universe rulebook regarding the legality of superpowers and masked vigilantes is a huge strike against the writers and editors.

That the Marvel universe, after 59 years in real time, has not come up with a suitable in-universe rulebook regarding the legality of superpowers and masked vigilantes is a huge strike against the writers and editors.
    I consider that another huge strike against modern writers. Vigilantes have always been illegal. Child vigilantes are EXTRA-Illegal and always always have been. The fact that the cops may be grateful and recognize that they just saved their lives and turn a blind eye is a whole different story. There have been TONS of comics where some rookie pulls a gun on Daredevil or Spider-man only to have the veteran cops chide them to put them away.... but it's ALWAYS been illegal.

Unless they have some kind of government sanction like the Avengers... then superheroes are always operating outside the law.

The fact that Marvel writers seem to not know this is why I can't read them anymore.