Default Midnighter vs. Master Chief

1: Hand 2 hand. Arena. Chief gets his suit but no other gear.

2: Chief gets a pistol, grenade and Cortana. Midnighter gets normal stuff. Downtown NYC at night.

Apologies if this is a mismatch. I'm not familiar with Midnighter. Just going off of estimates based on other Rumbles I've perused.

Edit: Chief gets book feats included.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 04-13-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

@Cthulu would know. I feel like Master Chief is like a two tonner (?) with good reaction speed and durability. Isn't Midnighter considered peak human?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    @Cthulu would know. I feel like Master Chief is like a two tonner (?) with good reaction speed and durability. Isn't Midnighter considered peak human?
    Midnighter is definitely beyond peak human. I don’t know much about Master Chief though.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Midnighter is definitely beyond peak human. I don’t know much about Master Chief though.
    Without the armor, he got into a fight with four Space Marines (not WH40k kind, lol), and took out two before the others realized it, then took down the other two. In armor he's ... borderline bullet-timer, or a bit below. At least EU version anyway.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Without the armor, he got into a fight with four Space Marines (not WH40k kind, lol), and took out two before the others realized it, then took down the other two. In armor he's ... borderline bullet-timer, or a bit below. At least EU version anyway.
    What does there armor grant them? Midnighter should be faster.

What does there armor grant them? Midnighter should be faster.
    Amor putts him at bullet timing (or just below as noted) and a level of durability I'm not quite sure Midnighter can handle. Flips armored vehicles as well so ... betting Midnighter doesn't want to get caught.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Amor putts him at bullet timing (or just below as noted) and a level of durability I'm not quite sure Midnighter can handle. Flips armored vehicles as well so ... betting Midnighter doesn't want to get caught.
    What’s the durability like?

What’s the durability like?
    Is KO'd but otherwise uninjured from orbital reentry, can shrug bullets, tanked a missile blowing up a few meters from him (he was a little rattled and his face was a bit bloodied, but otherwise okay).

Out of armor he more than likely loses, in armor Midnighter's not getting through the shields before Chief gets hands on him.

Of course Midnighter's been rebooted IIRC, so no idea on the newer version.

Arx Inosaan

Is KO'd but otherwise uninjured from orbital reentry, can shrug bullets, tanked a missile blowing up a few meters from him (he was a little rattled and his face was a bit bloodied, but otherwise okay).

Out of armor he more than likely loses, in armor Midnighter's not getting through the shields before Chief gets hands on him.

Of course Midnighter's been rebooted IIRC, so no idea on the newer version.
    I just looked at a Cass vs Master Chief thread and she seems to win.

Cass is faster and hits harder.

Midnighter isn't to the best of my knowledge.

Arx Inosaan

Cass is faster and hits harder.

Midnighter isn't to the best of my knowledge.
    The current version of Midnighter isn’t what he was during his Wildstorm days but he’s still BT+ and has blatant superhuman strength and combat precognition.

The current version of Midnighter isn’t what he was during his Wildstorm days but he’s still BT+ and has blatant superhuman strength and combat precognition.
    So like I said, if that's the case he can probably do something.

Arx Inosaan

So like I said, if that's the case he can probably do something.
    Sadly he doesn’t get used too much currently. I miss his series.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Wildstorm Midnighter kicked a tank shell back at the tank, didn't he? That seems enough to handle Chief. The Nu DC version... I'm not sure as sure where he stands, but he did one punch Dex-Starr and delivered what would have been a lethal blow to the Martian Manhunter sans a last minute shape shift targeting a weak point. I have no idea if those are consistent, but if they are and he also bullet times I reckon Chief is in trouble again.

Was that my thread? I was pretty sure she /lost/ as a general consensus. Can't recall.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure