Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    DC seems to be having them crop up in images these days, but have they ever explained what happened to them after they were killed off back in 1993?

I was really bothered by this issue, as I did not consider those characters expendable.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I was really bothered by this issue, as I did not consider those characters expendable.
    Well I guess somebody did back then.

A few of those casualties were later brought back, either with or without explanations of why they weren't dead, but I don't know if Beth or Yolanda ever were prior to Doomsday Clock #12.
    (And I wonder if anything ever will get explained any time in the future, including why Beth is now wearing an old-school Dr. Mid-Nite style outfit as opposed to something more like her previous "Dr. Midnight" uniform.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Not only were they not expendable, they died in amazingly stupid manners.

Creeper, Beth and Yolanda all killed off panel. Manhunter dying because his equipment sucked, Major Victory being stripped of his powers, etc.

And my favorite part?

Waller holding the idiot ball, and attacking Eclipso AT NIGHT.

Ya know, for the element of surprise.

Well I guess somebody did back then.

A few of those casualties were later brought back, either with or without explanations of why they weren't dead, but I don't know if Beth or Yolanda ever were prior to Doomsday Clock #12.
    (And I wonder if anything ever will get explained any time in the future, including why Beth is now wearing an old-school Dr. Mid-Nite style outfit as opposed to something more like her previous "Dr. Midnight" uniform.)
    That's TV synergy, and I can see the comics using the same explanation - that the new outfit actually IS Charles McNider's uniform.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's TV synergy, and I can see the comics using the same explanation - that the new outfit actually IS Charles McNider's uniform.
    But I'm a silly guy.

I read comic books and I want the comic books to make sense without having to see movies or TV shows to understand the comic books. I want explanations for comic book stories to be given in the comic books themselves.

But sometimes it seems DC doesn't care about people like me . . .

But I'm a silly guy.

I read comic books and I want the comic books to make sense without having to see movies or TV shows to understand the comic books. I want explanations for comic book stories to be given in the comic books themselves.

But sometimes it seems DC doesn't care about people like me . . .
    But you didn't read that comic book.

As to costumes changing, there is often no explanation given. See the Golden Age Atom and Hawkman in the forties and Green Arrow in the seventies.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

As to costumes changing, there is often no explanation given. See the Golden Age Atom and Hawkman in the forties and Green Arrow in the seventies.
    Exactly, usually there is no explanation about a costume change.

But you didn't read that comic book.
    Which comic book didn't I read?

Astonishing Member

Guess say goodbye to Nu52 Earth 2. I think that other retro JSA in the Hitch JSA art was the new JSA on Earth 2, the one with Huntress.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Guess say goodbye to Nu52 Earth 2. I think that other retro JSA in the Hitch JSA art was the new JSA on Earth 2, the one with Huntress.
    Any legit postings indicating that anywhere, or is this some theory / guessing?

That could also be representative of their Silver/Bronze Age pre-CoIE period without any later retcons.

There are several other things about that overall larger image that make no sense yet, like

why does Alan suddenly have the Green Lantern Corps symbol on his chest?

Old Lantern symbol:

Which comic book didn't I read?
    Doomsday Clock 12 (or any other issue of that series) where the picture of Beth Chapel in an original version of the Dr. Mid-Nite costume came from. It's your complaint. Please try to keep up.

Astonishing Member

Any legit postings indicating that anywhere, or is this some theory / guessing?

That could also be representative of their Silver/Bronze Age pre-CoIE period without any later retcons.

There are several other things about that overall larger image that make no sense yet, like

why does Alan suddenly have the Green Lantern Corps symbol on his chest?

Old Lantern symbol:
    Why do you troll

Doomsday Clock 12 (or any other issue of that series) where the picture of Beth Chapel in an original version of the Dr. Mid-Nite costume came from. It's your complaint. Please try to keep up.
    For the record, I did not buy nor read every single word of that issue, BUT I looked through it in a store and found an online posting of the issue where I looked over the pages before and after where that image came from.

Definitely didn't seem spending $5.99 for that when all I really cared about was a return of the JSA (but for more than a one-page image).

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Why do you troll
    I ask questions about things that haven't been made clear to the readers.

For some reason, I don't consider that "trolling".

And I don't accept DC showing us a page (or two) with the Justice Society but no other specifics as a GUARANTEE that the Justice Society will definitely be returning in their own on-going comic book series within the next few months.

Please, feel free to check a previous thread ("The Original Justice Society of America Set To Return In Their Own Book!") and tell me if I was "trolling" there or if I was just being more realistic than others would have believed.

For the record, I did not buy nor read every single word of that issue, BUT I looked through it in a store and found an online posting of the issue where I looked over the pages before and after where that image came from.

Definitely didn't seem spending $5.99 for that when all I really cared about was a return of the JSA (but for more than a one-page image).
    But you make a habit of posting what you question and don't like about a series you haven't read. Glancing over it in a store doesn't allow you to pick up the details in a somewhat heavy series. There is a lot there that gets missed with just a quick cursory glance. I understand not wanting to pay the price for what DC was treating as a premium book. But you've been going on about this series for months without actually reading it.