Page 540 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 404404905305365375385395405415425435445505906401040 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 20773
    Incredible Member

I'm so happy the Ennis Punisher Omni reprint is happening. Take that scalpers, charging $300+ for a damn book. Gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

I'm not super-familiar with either, do you know what the extra content is, off the top of your head, in the UK Omni? I only picked up one of the SW:OMY Omnis ... vol 2 when it was dirt cheap on amazon. I've got the content already in the smallish DH Omnis, but am strongly considering upgrading to Epic TPBs. Just curious about the UK stuff I've never read before.
    If you have the smaller DH omnis, then you might be covered. Most (if not all) of the UK content was collected in the two called "Omnibus: Star Wars: Wild Space"

EDIT: I just read later comments and the Jeph York interview. The DH omnis don't include that other non-comic material.
    Last edited by Taral-DLOS; 02-22-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The fire escape bazooka cover you mention is actually from the 2nd Punisher series which is not in the Omnibus. The Mike Zeck cover is "correctly" from the 1st issue from the 1st Punisher series which was a 5-issue miniseries and is included in its entirety in this Omnibus.
    Ah, so that could be used a a cover to a vol.1 of a 3 volume set to collect that entire 104 issue run + relevant crossovers.

Mike Baron Punisher, my first exposure to the character in solo form.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

My local comic shop had a copy of the X-Men Messiah Complex hardcover just sitting on the shelf. If anyone here has been looking for this, shoot me a PM.

I may rethink my buy no marvel omni's and get the Punisher one again (sold all my marvel omnis a while ago and only collect the 'complete' trades now)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm hoping that with Luke Cage getting the MMW treatment now that an OMNI could be a few years away depending on the show's run.
    The SW UK Omni isn't going to be a week of release buy for me but I could see me going for it on Black Friday or a Clearance event.
    How is the Darth Vader material?

The DM covers on Thor and Punisher will be my choices on those books. Kind of had hoped for the ongoing Punisher #1 for the DM cover where he's holding the bazooka on the fire escape though.
    Vader was great. I read it monthly and I really thought they captured Vader's voice (no pun intended).

Also curious about the Vader Omnibus ... heard some positives about the story but haven't read any of it. Wonder if Marvel will also consider making an Omnibus of the current SW series? Aw, who are we kidding, of course they will! SW is like a license for them to print cash money!

Anyways, how cool are those retro Thor and Punisher Omnibus covers. Sure do miss the upper left corner boxes on current comics.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Also curious about the Vader Omnibus ... heard some positives about the story but haven't read any of it. Wonder if Marvel will also consider making an Omnibus of the current SW series? Aw, who are we kidding, of course they will! SW is like a license for them to print cash money!

Anyways, how cool are those retro Thor and Punisher Omnibus covers. Sure do miss the upper left corner boxes on current comics.

I am waiting for my OHC vols 2 of SW and Vader to read through them, but I did read the Kanan Omnibus (which really is just a 12 issue OHC, but whatever) and it was REALLY good. I've heard nothing but great things for both the two main series, and I know Gillen typically knocks things into the outfield if not out of the park, so I'm excited to finally read the Vader run in its entirety soon. Since I've already got the 1st OHCs of both series, I'll just continue to get them in OHC format, but for those waiting for omnis, great for you folks. although like Graham said, who are we kidding? Star Wars license is like printing your own money. I'm going to ASSUME instead of just GUESS we'll be getting a Poe Dameron OHC once enough material and TPBs 1 & 2 are out for a certain amount of time, same for Dr. Aphra, and the other random 5 issue minis will all get collected in OHC format as well sooner or later. And I'm 100% cool with that. :-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Do you guys have some opinions/thoughts on the DEFENDERS SIX-FINGERED HAND Epic HC? Written by J.M. DeMatteis and others. Is it like a goofy/weird Avengers tale?

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I may rethink my buy no marvel omni's and get the Punisher one again (sold all my marvel omnis a while ago and only collect the 'complete' trades now)
    Same. I got rid of everything last summer to fund the remainder of my degree and held onto a select few books, mostly Spider-Man (which is nicely represented in fat trades) and Garth Ennis stuff. Happy to buy this Punisher Omnibus again.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Do you guys have some opinions/thoughts on the DEFENDERS SIX-FINGERED HAND Epic HC? Written by J.M. DeMatteis and others. Is it like a goofy/weird Avengers tale?
    That one is a TPB not HC. Never read that specific tale, but from the Defenders issues I've sampled from this era, they aren't the greatest.

Aaaaaand Vader Vol 2 OHC is now leaving my cart. I continue to not understand Marvel's CE department.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

CGN just lost a sale. I had Alpha Flight Omnibus in my wish list. Went to the list and picked out the books I wanted to add to my cart. For someone reason the AF book wasn't in my wish list, so I forgot to add it to my cart. I completed my order (a few hundred dollars worth) and about five minutes later I got the confirmation e-mail and realized that I didn't have the AF book in it. I had forgot to put it in my cart, but I knew I had it in my wish list, so I couldn't figure out how I could forget it.

I checked my wish list and sure enough, it wasn't in there. I was ticked.

So I sent them an e-mail right away and asked them if they could please add the AF book to my order. They replied back that they couldn't. I replied back that I just spent over $300 and the book is only $40, so why can't they just add it to my order. The replied back to me that it's just their policy and I would have to purchase it separately in another order. I told them forget it.

I also asked them why it was in my wish list for a while, but then when I went to order it from my wish list, why wasn't in there? They replied that it must have been a glitch.

Well, I already own the issues in singles anyway, so I just said forget it. You would think that after a customer paid over $300 at your site, you would try and make them happy, but nope.

Well, I don't want it now. I'll just have my issues bound. Cheaper anyway.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    CGN just lost a sale. I had Alpha Flight Omnibus in my wish list. Went to the list and picked out the books I wanted to add to my cart. For someone reason the AF book wasn't in my wish list, so I forgot to add it to my cart. I completed my order (a few hundred dollars worth) and about five minutes later I got the confirmation e-mail and realized that I didn't have the AF book in it. I had forgot to put it in my cart, but I knew I had it in my wish list, so I couldn't figure out how I could forget it.

I checked my wish list and sure enough, it wasn't in there. I was ticked.

So I sent them an e-mail right away and asked them if they could please add the AF book to my order. They replied back that they couldn't. I replied back that I just spent over $300 and the book is only $40, so why can't they just add it to my order. The replied back to me that it's just their policy and I would have to purchase it separately in another order. I told them forget it.

I also asked them why it was in my wish list for a while, but then when I went to order it from my wish list, why wasn't in there? They replied that it must have been a glitch.

Well, I already own the issues in singles anyway, so I just said forget it. You would think that after a customer paid over $300 at your site, you would try and make them happy, but nope.

Well, I don't want it now. I'll just have my issues bound. Cheaper anyway.

That happened to me but it's been a couple of years. I didn't have anything on a wish list but just forgot to order something. They had me order it separately but credited the shipping and sent it all in one box.

I think it was Max who I worked with on it. He used to post here sometimes but it's been awhile. Seemed like a good guy.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    That happened to me but it's been a couple of years. I didn't have anything on a wish list but just forgot to order something. They had me order it separately but credited the shipping and sent it all in one box.

I think it was Max who I worked with on it. He used to post here sometimes but it's been awhile. Seemed like a good guy.
    That's basically all I was asking them to do. I wasn't asking for a discount or anything. More than willing to pay the price of the book, just send it with my order I just made. Nope, they couldn't do it. Dumb
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor