Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sharon's actual title was SUBCommander Carter. She was Steve's number two.

Maybe they'll give Nick Fury Jr a promotion?
    Ugh no lol
    X-Men Forever

Can't have that!
    Speaking of the Fury family, I don't ever recall Sharon showing up in the original Strange Tales SHIELD run ... considering she was always thought to be his "best" agent.
    IMG_1114.jpg

They did have the two parter series together when she rescued him from the pocket universe
    IMG_1115.JPG

More on the dream sequence / vanishing point.
    The ghostly woman

spoilers:

Sharon?
    end of spoilers[QUOTE]
    Last edited by tliscord; 08-09-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

UPDATE:....Also, Sharon was not only seen within SECRET EMPIRE #7 {and that's really shouldn't be surprising}; but there's a Pre-SE appearance of her within INFAMOUS IRON MAN #10.
    ....And here's an Upcoming Appearance of Ms. Carter, within the Preview Pages of INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    ....And here's an Upcoming Appearance of Ms. Carter, within the Preview Pages of INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10.
    With Junior too!
    Seems a bit strange seeing Sharon here while in the big summer event she's being held prisoner by HydraCap, not that everything has to make sense or line up but still...

IMG_1131.jpg

And not sure if Bendis is being Bendis or not but the Carters are from Virginia too

IMG_1133.jpg

Riri's book is still pre-Secret Empire.

Astonishing Member

Ms. Carter has another appearance within SECRET EMPIRE #9 and it's another excellent moment for her especially since spoilers:
    she was able to repay Dr. Faustus for treating her before
    end of spoilers...!!!

Yup, love the nod to Brubaker's Cap. While Faustus ultimately set her free during that run, he also masterminded her role in the Death of Captain America. No wonder she held a grudge. Sharon's not stupid, she understands Faustus' complex personality ... and clearly is not willing to throw him a life line here.

Bennett's rendition again seems to minimize her "aged" look. This can't happen fast enough for me.

I'm wondering how Waid and Samnee will handle her as Steve returns. His earlier runs really moved her forward and developed her persona adding some much needed depth. Thought Brubaker ended up doing a nice job building on her independence from Steve that Waid started, something even Englehart struggled to achieve.

Not sure whether I want her to remain as head of SHIELD, or as an independent much like her role in Secret Avengers. No secret I thoroughly enjoyed her brief team ops with the Widow.
    Last edited by tliscord; 08-23-2017 at 05:36 PM.

IMG_1137.jpg

Takes down Faustus, revenge at last ... priceless.

Out maneuvers Steve Rogers ... priceless

By by Hydra fleet .... yup, priceless.

Finds way to resurrect Widow ... stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Yup, love the nod to Brubaker's Cap. While Faustus ultimately set her free during that run, he also masterminded her role in the Death of Captain America. No wonder she held a grudge. Sharon's not stupid, she understands Faustus' complex personality ... and clearly is not willing to throw him a life line here.

Bennett's rendition again seems to minimize her "aged" look. This can't happen fast enough for me.

I'm wondering how Waid and Samnee will handle her as Steve returns. His earlier runs really moved her forward and developed her persona adding some much needed depth. Thought Brubaker ended up doing a nice job building on her independence from Steve that Waid started, something even Englehart struggled to achieve.

Not sure whether I want her to remain as head of SHIELD, or as an independent much like her role in Secret Avengers. No secret I thoroughly enjoyed her brief team ops with the Widow.
    Maybe Kobik will restore her youth the way she did Steve... but without turning her Hydra. She's probably also how Steve goes back to normal and Black Widow gets resurrected.

Director Carter during Waid's run on Cap, his Sentinal of Liberty series. Now loaded in Marvel Unlimited. Nice series. First issue was a good take on early Steve and Sharon. Sharon would eventually take the kill shot telling Steve she was the soldier here with the mission, and sparing him the angst of eliminating treasonous Agent 9 per orders.

Long road from Lee's writing, with Steve constantly walking out on her when she wouldn't quit SHIELD. I think Waid wrote Steve appreciating the sacrifices Sharon made for him and for
    SHIELD... thankfully.
    IMG_1138.JPG

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Director Carter during Waid's run on Cap, his Sentinal of Liberty series. Now loaded in Marvel Unlimited. Nice series. First issue was a good take on early Steve and Sharon. Sharon would eventually take the kill shot telling Steve she was the soldier here with the mission, and sparing him the angst of eliminating treasonous Agent 9 per orders.

Long road from Lee's writing, with Steve constantly walking out on her when she wouldn't quit SHIELD. I think Waid wrote Steve appreciating the sacrifices Sharon made for him and for
    SHIELD... thankfully.
    IMG_1138.JPG
    I sorta remember this comic although I haven't read it since it came out. The thing you mention about in Lee's comics Steve being mad that Sharon wouldn't quit her job was a not uncommon thing at the time. The attitude then was that if you were a woman and you had a husband you would leave your job ( not always but often). In Roy Thomas's Avengers Natasha gave up being Black Widow so that she could Hawkeye's full time girlfriend and he got pissed when she took up the mantle again. There was thing in Wonder Woman comics of the era where Steve Trevor would demand that she quit superheroing so that he could marry her.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I sorta remember this comic although I haven't read it since it came out. The thing you mention about in Lee's comics Steve being mad that Sharon wouldn't quit her job was a not uncommon thing at the time. The attitude then was that if you were a woman and you had a husband you would leave your job ( not always but often). In Roy Thomas's Avengers Natasha gave up being Black Widow so that she could Hawkeye's full time girlfriend and he got pissed when she took up the mantle again. There was thing in Wonder Woman comics of the era where Steve Trevor would demand that she quit superheroing so that he could marry her.
    Oh the teenage male angst, right? Although admittedly Stan actually never had her give in to Cap's hissy fits and quit. I remember those issues with Natasha too, god has she come a long way.

IMG_1144.jpg
    Double Dutch date, sooo Black Widow

Of course then Thomas would give us this ...
    IMG_1145.jpg