Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    yeah that part fell pretty flat, also the aesthetics of the bikes in general look really out of place on Tatooine when everything else actually looks like its constantly getting sand blasted

I do like that the present day plot is now moving forward though
    I liked the idea of the bikes, but these felt more like Vespas than motorcycles. Those kind of bike really felt like something Lucas would have put on Coruscant in Episode II.

And yeah, there was a serious lack of speed. I felt like I could jog faster than they were moving.

So we all agree he's riding that Rancor by the end of the season, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I didn't like the chase myself. There was a lack of speed to the whole thing. There was nothing exciting about it.
    I agree. It felt fairly generic - having all those cute little nods to old car chases didn't help. I also didn't care about any of the characters involved, so it needed inventive action to be gripping, which it did not. But I also felt that way about the fight with Black Krrsantan - there was't anything interesting or fun about that sequence either. When a Star Wars show focuses on Jedi wielding lightsabers, it's easier to sell their family-friendly, bloodless, as few guns as possible agenda, but for a Boba Fett show, the lack of gunfire is more apparent. There's less here than "The Mandalorian" so far. But this is Disney - the same applies to the MCU stuff.("What's with all the knives?" It's because they want to limit the amount of guns on their shows) I mean, I get it and this is what it is, but the fight sequences should be more inventive if you're going to bring electric knuckles to a gunfight.

And why don't the twins have any guards at all? Seems odd for gangsters.

Okay Disney, you failed to deliver us Mobius on a jetski - we have to see Boba riding that rancor before this series ends... otherwise, what are you doing?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree. It felt fairly generic - having all those cute little nods to old car chases didn't help. I also didn't care about any of the characters involved, so it needed inventive action to be gripping, which it did not. But I also felt that way about the fight with Black Krrsantan - there was't anything interesting or fun about that sequence either. When a Star Wars show focuses on Jedi wielding lightsabers, it's easier to sell their family-friendly, bloodless, as few guns as possible agenda, but for a Boba Fett show, the lack of gunfire is more apparent. There's less here than "The Mandalorian" so far. But this is Disney - the same applies to the MCU stuff.("What's with all the knives?" It's because they want to limit the amount of guns on their shows) I mean, I get it and this is what it is, but the fight sequences should be more inventive if you're going to bring electric knuckles to a gunfight.

And why don't the twins have any guards at all? Seems odd for gangsters.

Okay Disney, you failed to deliver us Mobius on a jetski - we have to see Boba riding that rancor before this series ends... otherwise, what are you doing?
    He's definitely riding that Rancor
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Anybody catch the Peli Motto cameo in the Mos Eisley scene? Probably not Amy Sedaris but an extra or even CG, but it was a fun little nod.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

So I'm not sure if you are want to see French Artist Mobius to do Jetski stunts or if you want to see Spider Man villain/ally to Jetski stunts but I figure I am all for jet ski stunts on general principle.

The chase with the Neutrinos was a bit lame but man ... I love their lame Vespa motif. They're so lame it goes back around and is hilarious.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-13-2022 at 12:45 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Anybody catch the Peli Motto cameo in the Mos Eisley scene? Probably not Amy Sedaris but an extra or even CG, but it was a fun little nod.
    I caught it and gave a little chuckle.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I'm grateful that they killed the Tuskens but I have a feeling that the female Tusken isn't dead because....

1. Didn't see the body.
    2. Saw the Chief's body, and somebody has to unite the Tusken now.
    3. She wasn't married to the Chief, she was more like a......PRINCESS. Disney never ever loses a chance to push a princess
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The chase scene reminded me of the Seinfeld scene in which George was being pursued down the sidewalk by older folks on scooters
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    So I'm not sure if you are want to see French Artist Mobius to do Jetski stunts or if you want to see Spider Man villain/ally to Jetski stunts but I figure I am all for jet ski stunts on general principle.
    Okay, now I want to see the epic Mobius/Moebius/Morbius crossover!

I'm going to be honest. If it wasn't for the cred that the people behind this show have built up on various projects this would have been the episode I would've bailed. I hate watch Star Trek not Star Wars. I have faith the team behind this will pull it together.

1. The candy colored vespas.
    2. G-Rated Furiosa and her buddies
    3. A Wookie gladiator straight up just walking into the house and grabbing Fett.
    4. A chase scene. Fett you have a rocket pack...c'mon dawg.
    5. Letting the Wookie go bringing us one step closer to Doctor Whatshername. I will not watch any show with that crap character in it. That's where I draw the line Disney.

Good thing the Hutt Twins showed up to bring some much needed class to the episode.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I only realize the irony now that Boba, who was raised on a planet of water, is now making a living on a desert planet of no water. Makes me wonder where Omega ended up.

I finally know how to pronounce Krrsantan's name.

That was a pretty unceremonious end to Boba's Tusken tribe. And he was just about to set them a nice, cozy, protection job...I guess the next flashback will be him wiping out the gang that killed them and then he'll finally try to find his armor.

Don't you just hate it when you're awoken from a traumatic healing-induced flashback only to then be attacked by a killer Wookie while you're practically naked?

I gotta admit, I found the cybernetic teenagers and their color-coded bikes a little too..."cutesy" for this kind of show, or to hang out with Boba. I was expecting Black Krrsantan to utterly wreck all of them. They just felt really out of place to me.

I guess the Twins have better things to do than mess with Boba or start a war over Tattoine. They probably want trouble with the Pike's even less.

I shouldn't be surprised to see Danny Trejo show up, but it was still pretty surreal seeing him turn up.

Boba finally has his own Rancor, and with it, the dreams of fanfictions everywhere of Boba Fett riding a Rancor into battle can be realized.

It's not often I see a chase scene where the person being chased is trying to be oddly considerate of bystanders in his way.

Funny thing is the painting of Jabba's court (Based on concept/production art for ROTJ) has Boba in it as well.

Think outside of reference books this is the first "canon" link we've had between the Witches of Dathomir/nightsisters and the Rancors. When the Witches were first introduced in the now-Legends EU novel Courtship of Princess Leia they were involved with Rancors, but I don't recall anything in Clone Wars or Fallen Order dealing with the Rancors. Rancors do shop but they're a separate species on Felucia.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-13-2022 at 02:20 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I only realize the irony now that Boba, who was raised on a planet of water, is now making a living on a desert planet of no water. Makes me wonder where Omega ended up.

I finally know how to pronounce Krrsantan's name.

That was a pretty unceremonious end to Boba's Tusken tribe. And he was just about to set them a nice, cozy, protection job...I guess the next flashback will be him wiping out the gang that killed them and then he'll finally try to find his armor.

Don't you just hate it when you're awoken from a traumatic healing-induced flashback only to then be attacked by a killer Wookie while you're practically naked?

I gotta admit, I found the cybernetic teenagers and their color-coded bikes a little too..."cutesy" for this kind of show, or to hang out with Boba. I was expecting Black Krrsantan to utterly wreck all of them. They just felt really out of place to me.

I guess the Twins have better things to do than mess with Boba or start a war over Tattoine. They probably want trouble with the Pike's even less.

I shouldn't be surprised to see Danny Trejo show up, but it was still pretty surreal seeing him turn up.

Boba finally has his own Rancor, and with it, the dreams of fanfictions everywhere of Boba Fett riding a Rancor into battle can be realized.

It's not often I see a chase scene where the person being chased is trying to be oddly considerate of bystanders in his way.
    What I liked most about the Rancor scene was the way it casually referenced the Christmas Special, "I've ridden bigger beasts before..."
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I read a thing on the Force dot net that the Christmas special has been reference more than the ST & PT in the new shows.

I find that hard to believe as I can only think of the rifle, Life Day, and that line above as CS references.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium