Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    He was my favourite character in the new warriors. I really didn't like how he was written in Avengers. He was too much of a fan boy.

He doesn't seem to get many appearances now so I'd be happy for him to pop up anywhere.

In fact I'd love for him to take a trip to soaceyanf join the guardians.
    When he joined the Avengers that pretty much what he was...a fan boy living his dream and a little too eager to please at times. At this point though he does need to be written as a seasoned pro. Walking into a room with Cap and he would be just like "Hey, Steve...what's going on?"

Another important thing is to show how skilled he has become knowing how to handle himself in hand to hand, the ability to size up whatever situation he is in, and be able to think tactically and strategically. Maybe even have earned a pilots license due to his experience not just with the Avengers but his time with Air Force veteran Ben Grimm.

Basically look at some one like Cyclops and mirror Vance skills wise.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Is this not the guy who was one of the original (and only true!) Guardians of the Galaxy? THAT'S the Vance Astrovik I remember and care about.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Is this not the guy who was one of the original (and only true!) Guardians of the Galaxy? THAT'S the Vance Astrovik I remember and care about.
    Vance Astro is the alternate future self of Vance Astrovik. Technically the Future Vance came first.

Future Vance: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Vance_Astro_(Earth-691)

Mainstream Vance: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Vance...ik_(Earth-616)

Tk bros. Hellion and Vance. tkbrosbw.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Tk bros. Hellion and Vance. tkbrosbw.jpg
    Hellion did mention Vance once...not too flatteringly.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    He was my favourite character in the new warriors. I really didn't like how he was written in Avengers. He was too much of a fan boy.

He doesn't seem to get many appearances now so I'd be happy for him to pop up anywhere.

In fact I'd love for him to take a trip to soaceyanf join the guardians.
    I loved Vance and Angelica’s stint as Avengers, but they left before they could get past the awkward phase. Vance reminded me of when Cannonball went from the grown up, confident leader of X-Force to the dope when he “graduated” to the X-Men.
    Last edited by Thundershot; 01-24-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yeah a lot of my pics have nothing to do with the actual story and more what's going on on the boards. To be honest there is a really excited Hellion fan and that positive energy feeds over and i saw vance mentioned a few times and thought tk bros and how their tk is different in color one green one blue etc andi was actually looking for a hellion appreciation thread but there wasn't one so put it here. ^_^

edit: it actually started with a what you do you want thread and other people wants made me think of them. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

It's come to this...being happy that Vance has a cameo in Reckoning War #1.

Fingers crossed we will get some more Vance and NW soon!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I can’t figure out why Vance said what he said. Justice Vance will NOT become Major Victory. The timeline has already been altered and the Vance Astro version is a splinter timeline that won’t happen in 616.

Anyway, Vance (Justice) is one of my top favorite Marvel characters, and any exposure is great. I just wish he and Angelica didn’t break up. I know Fabian did it to show that people don’t always stay together, but sometimes people DO break up and reconnect years later, forging a stronger bond thanks to their time and experiences apart.

Here’s hoping.
    Last edited by Thundershot; 02-03-2022 at 07:48 AM.

I liked him in Yost's run on New Warriors. Another user named Michael Watkins wanted him to become Marvel's Superman and I'd support it. He also wanted to push New Warriors as Marvel's Justice League and I thought it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked him in Yost's run on New Warriors. Another user named Michael Watkins wanted him to become Marvel's Superman and I'd support it. He also wanted to push New Warriors as Marvel's Justice League and I thought it was cool.
    Wow.. I’d support that too. He just needs the right push from someone who cares. Forget Sentry. Justice could be the guy. Carol Danvers got her big push and it mostly worked.

Yes he's never been part of the X world, but he was part of the mutant liberation front in a world that had been altered by the sphinx.

And he was shown to be a top tier tk user too. He was carrying what seemed like hundreds of mutant terrorists on an attack on the sphinx and if I recall correctly, threw half a mountain at her.

I know the guardians time line doesn't exist, but I think it would be fun if he joined the guardians as a way no not being able to escape fate. Also I'm sure major victory is wandering around the 616 at the moment?

Seems like there's no bad blood between the warriors and Ms Marvel after the whole cradle debacle.

What did he say?