Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The thing about the real-life aging of the characters - in the 1990s it would have to be practically all legacy characters. Tony Stark has got to be an old man by now, same as Reed Richards. The only ones of the originals from the 1960s who isn't going to be old are Steve Rogers and Thor. Hulk won't be old, but Banner will be.

So either the 1990s is all legacy characters, plus a few of the non-aging heroes, or its more focused on other aspects like the political scene and business scene (continuing Parker Industries perhaps).
    Well, perhaps a way around that is for characters to emerge onto the scene in the decades they did in the real world - so you could have 20something Cloak & Dagger next issue (since they were part of Maximum Carnage, as I recall), as well as Generation X, the New Warriors, et cetera; then the Runaways and Young Avengers showing up in the 2000s, then Ms. Marvel and (obviously) Miles Morales in the 2010s. I think it'd be a nice change and give characters that never got a start their chance to shine. Kind like how Jubilee was leading the X-People and Cassie Lang was Stinger on the Avengers in MC2.

As for Tony, I wonder if (assuming he's still around by the 2000s - he'll be old, yeah, but rich people tend to live longer on account of being able to afford better healthcare) he'll use Extremis to revitalise himself. That could be something that might appeal to Peter, too - being able to rejuvenate himself to stay in the game. That or he (Tony)'ll become an AI...and I could definitely see Otto going down a similar path. He's got previous, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Well, perhaps a way around that is for characters to emerge onto the scene in the decades they did in the real world - so you could have 20something Cloak & Dagger next issue (since they were part of Maximum Carnage, as I recall), as well as Generation X, the New Warriors, et cetera; then the Runaways and Young Avengers showing up in the 2000s, then Ms. Marvel and (obviously) Miles Morales in the 2010s. I think it'd be a nice change and give characters that never got a start their chance to shine. Kind like how Jubilee was leading the X-People and Cassie Lang was Stinger on the Avengers in MC2.

As for Tony, I wonder if (assuming he's still around by the 2000s - he'll be old, yeah, but rich people tend to live longer on account of being able to afford better healthcare) he'll use Extremis to revitalise himself. That could be something that might appeal to Peter, too - being able to rejuvenate himself to stay in the game. That or he (Tony)'ll become an AI...and I could definitely see Otto going down a similar path. He's got previous, after all.
    Now you're making me think we'll see Iron Spider.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

i might be enjoying this more on the level of its experimentation and remixing than as an actual story

i do like that the “irl” stuff isn’t just “he gets old” or “nam happens”. it would’ve been a cheat not to address some of the very real problems a life like peter’s would invite. not that 616 didn’t, but here it feels like there’s more weight to the consequences
    troo fan or death

After reading some comments in here, I can see how it feels a bit like watching the Donner cut of Superman II. It only works if you can fill in the holes because you know the original.

Anyway, issue 3 was solid, but it's the first one that feels like a middle issue. Issue 2 wrapped up a story. This one felt more like a chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Now you're making me think we'll see Iron Spider.
    Its definitely a possibility.

Or maybe even the Last Stand suit. Would work for him living life on the run after he goes Anti-Reg.

I know, I know, Spider-Man: Life Story #3 came out last week. But why not still write a review about it? Especially considering I think that not only is this some of the best work Chip Zdarsky and Mark Bagley have ever done, it's one of the best comic book miniseries out there right now and deserves as much attention as it gets.

Spider-Man: Life Story No. 3: A very different Black Costume Saga
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    I know, I know, Spider-Man: Life Story #3 came out last week. But why not still write a review about it? Especially considering I think that not only is this some of the best work Chip Zdarsky and Mark Bagley have ever done, it's one of the best comic book miniseries out there right now and deserves as much attention as it gets.

Spider-Man: Life Story No. 3: A very different Black Costume Saga
    Mike drops us with the knowledge in his review!

Astonishing Member

Peter and MJ's twins were born in 1984, the same year I was. So, by know, his kids should have my age. I really can't wait for the next part.

Fantastic Member

If Chip had done the Hobgobion in the 80s how do you think it would have gone?