Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks. I was mostly making a bit of an attempt at a joke about reaching the Number of the Beast.
    LOL, no Mephisto love in this thread buddy. Such behavior is strictly prohibited

But yeah in all serious congrats on your post count my friend.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Question I'd like to put to y'all fellow fans:

Comparisons to Catwoman always seem inevitable, no matter how unfounded they may or may not be. With that in mind, would you tweak Felicia's character to set her apart from Selina Kyle, and if so, what would you change? Would it be to do with her look, or her personality? Vocation? Etc
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post

Comparisons to Catwoman always seem inevitable, no matter how unfounded they may or may not be. With that in mind, would you tweak Felicia's character to set her apart from Selina Kyle, and if so, what would you change? Would it be to do with her look, or her personality? Vocation? Etc
    I'd leave her be. I personally think Catwoman is kinda lame, but Felicia's more exciting than her. I also think Felicia has had better costumes than Selina's.

I'd personally go back to her having a detective agency like she did for a while or have her be on a Heroes for Hire/Defenders team again. Since, she is/was a thief her expertise might be helpful.

This is a hard question for me to answer because I think some of the traits that are similar to Selina are so inherently a part of Felicia's character that tweaking or removing them would make her into somebody she's not.

Like, it's hard for me to imagine Felicia as anything but a sexy cat burglar in black leather who has the hots for a hero. Those are important elements of the character in my opinion (even the black leather part :P).

I guess you could make her a PI again (even though that's now pretty much Jessica Jones' thing) although for the most part I think people would find that lacking compared to seeing Felicia in her niche, which is pulling heists.

Visually I think they're very distinctive though.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I'd leave her be. I personally think Catwoman is kinda lame, but Felicia's more exciting than her. I also think Felicia has had better costumes than Selina's.
    Wouldn't disagree at all, though I do like the costume redesign by... can't think of his name right now, on the tip of my tongue - the one with the black leather and goggles in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd personally go back to her having a detective agency like she did for a while or have her be on a Heroes for Hire/Defenders team again. Since, she is/was a thief her expertise might be helpful.
    I wouldn't mind it, honestly. Though that's kind of Jessica Jones' turf, she didn't exactly come straight to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is a hard question for me to answer because I think some of the traits that are similar to Selina are so inherently a part of Felicia's character that tweaking or removing them would make her into somebody she's not.

Like, it's hard for me to imagine Felicia as anything but a sexy cat burglar in black leather who has the hots for a hero. Those are important elements of the character in my opinion (even the black leather part :P).

I guess you could make her a PI again (even though that's now pretty much Jessica Jones' thing) although for the most part I think people would find that lacking compared to seeing Felicia in her niche, which is pulling heists.

Visually I think they're very distinctive though.
    Yeah, even if you stopped her being a thief it's not like you could get rid of the cat motif, so there's always going to be a comparison. The platinum blonde and white fur definitely helps.

I think her bad luck powers help a lot also, when they're in use. They seem to come and go depending on who's writing.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

F e l i c i a

b u t t

Black Cat #7 cover by Campbell

F e l i c i a

b u t t

In the words of Aku extra THICC
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Emma Frost. They're both blondes who are foils and romantic rivals to famous Marvel redheads and Emma's diamond motif would fit well with a cat burglar.

If not Emma, then maybe Silver Sable.
    Emma was merged with Wolverine (creepy) in Diamond Patch.

I considered Silver Sable, but she's also related with Spider-Man, so the most logical thing would be someone related with Moon Knight. For Silver Sable, I considered the woman named Chloe Tran, who is a member of the Knights Templar.

Also, I think Black Cat warping with Invisible Woman would be cool. She’d be the perfect cat burglar, never to be caught!
    Sue Richards, the Invisible Woman, was already merged with her own husband, Reed Richards. (Geez, how could Valeria and Franklin be born like this?).

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    You could combine her with Elektra and call her Nine Lives or something because of Elektra's resurrection, or combine her with Doc Ock and get Octopussy lol
    Elektra was merged with Bullseye (creepy).
    "Octopussy"? Not funny, pal. Check out Spider-Ham's world.

Maybe Stained Glass Scarlet is the best choice, after all.

Wouldn't disagree at all, though I do like the costume redesign by... can't think of his name right now, on the tip of my tongue - the one with the black leather and goggles in any case.
    Darwyn Cooke. It's a popular look although one that's not universally beloved among Catwoman fans.
    I wouldn't mind it, honestly. Though that's kind of Jessica Jones' turf, she didn't exactly come straight to mind.
    There are actually a lot of female PI's in the Marvel universe.
    F e l i c i a

b u t t

Definitely showing off that booty .

Ultimate Member

Felicia looks great, but who's the lady in red...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Felicia looks great, but who's the lady in red...
    Odessa Drake, leader of the Thieves Guild.

Ultimate Member

Cool, thanks, Campbell sure can draw the ladies...

It's not exactly an original idea, but I could see Felicia as part of a team whose goals revolve around fighting against corporations and individuals whose actions are technically legal (or so they say) but who have harmed people less fortunate than they. Members would be Hobie Brown (the original Prowler) and Cardiac.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Tigra already got warped with Wendigo in Secret Warps: Weapon Hex Annual, and the resulting "Wentigra" was a cannibalistic murderer.
    I would rather see Tigra as a reoccurring guest in Spider-Man's world as Peter's ally...