Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I doubt we'd see Quitely in a monthly. I remember having to wait months for Jupiter's Legacy to release the next issue. It took like 2 years to finish 5 issues and another 2 years to finish the second volume.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm well aware of Quitely's speed--or lack thereof-- as an artist, and that's why I made a point to say "on like the upcoming JL annual or some other JL special project" in my post. I assumed I was clear in implying that a single issue would be all we could hope for and all he'd have time for. He's been doing some DC covers (Dark Knight III and Super Sons variants), and to my limited knowledge he has nothing lined up in the immediate future, so it's entirely possible that DC could've tapped him for a single, special issue. Again, I have no way of knowing, but nothing that I'm immediately aware of seems to indicate that it can't be in the cards. That's my only point.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Holy mother of god the Justice League #9 preview has Superman fix the moon by hand at superspeed then defeat 2 alien creatures that feed off solar energy. If that isn't a fist pump worthy Super Feat then I don't know what is.

https://www.newsarama.com/42021-batm...review.html#s6

It also features Batman worrying about him as if he were his husband, lol. Snyder ships the World's Finest.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Aargh! this preview is so fantastic. I love it when Superman gets to show off his awesomeness every now and then. It had me grinning from ear to ear.

Bruce and Clark are so cute, lol.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 09-27-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It also features Batman worrying about him as if he were his husband, lol. Snyder ships the World's Finest.
    This old married couple deal is probably one of my favorite parts about Snyder's run. Smart of him to actually leave them in the back a bit to act as icons and levity.

Also, holy sh!t, that's an crazy feat of both speed, strength, memory, and precision.

Seriously, this sort of JL run is going on, Bendis' Superman and Action are REALLY doing it for me, Tom King is writing Superman for a year, we might be getting a Superman/Daily Planet spy event, and Heroes In Crisis is out. Not afraid to say that this is probably my personal favorite era of Superman and maybe DC comics.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Surprised more people aren't talking about Superman in today's Justice League.

I mean, for one, he rebuilt the actual moon by hand over the span of a conversation/argument. Plus, Snyder wrote what I believe to be the best Superman/Batman interaction in years. Like, THIS is how Superman and Batman prove points and have arguments, and it's with solar energy eating monsters and putting a moon back together by hand. It was also a great little dive into both guy's personalities. Plus, it beautifully coincides with the other plot in the story: Wonder Woman building a chapel of faith not to the gods, but rather the League and everyone on Earth. That reveal meshing well with everyone on Earth looking up at the moon Superman had built.

Also, I dig Superman's room in the Hall of Justice a lot. It works really well for this version of the character who has come a ways. The idea that the room so seamlessly blends his life as Superman and his life as Clark together and has this vague sort of Lincoln memorial feel to it is pretty striking. And Krypto's bed causally floating by his desk is perfect.

Really can't wait for Snyder's Superman arc for this book.

I thought the glass room was stupid sorry. Also all those pics of his family are going to be a liability if a super villain breaks in. Liked the bed for Krypto though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I thought the glass room was stupid sorry. Also all those pics of his family are going to be a liability if a super villain breaks in. Liked the bed for Krypto though.
    I think the super high-tech Hall of Justice constructed with a combination of Kryptonian tech, 4th world tech, and magic, and hand designed by Bruce where you have to be mentally linked to even see parts of the place would have contingency plans in place for if someone breaks in? The idea seems to be that these are safe places for the members to chill when on duty.

Edit: lol my bad, my last massage came off a bit more aggressive than I'd intended. Nothing crazy. I just didn't like the implied tone.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-03-2018 at 12:53 PM.

BANNED

I loved how Superman was displayed in Justice League #9! The moon feat shows how immenselly powerful He is, even in comparison withe his friends; we're talking about pre-crisis feat here (he's getting quite a few of these lately!). This is how he should be.

Also, and even better, we're getting a smart Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think the super high-tech Hall of Justice constructed with a combination of Kryptonian tech, 4th world tech, and magic, and hand designed by Bruce where you have to be mentally linked to even see parts of the place would have contingency plans in place for if someone breaks in? The idea seems to be that these are safe places for the members to chill when on duty.

Edit: lol my bad, my last massage came off a bit more aggressive than I'd intended. Nothing crazy. I just didn't like the implied tone.
    Nah it’s fine. Don’t get me wrong as a whole I’m quite enjoying Snyder’s JL. Just didn’t think having a totally transparent room makes sense for Supes. It’s flanderization, the “Supes is a Boy Scout” perspective. Dude has a Fortress of Solitude and a secret identity, there are definitely some aspects of his life he keeps to himself.

I liked him rebuilding the moon and calling Bruce’s bluff though, those were great moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dude has a Fortress of Solitude and a secret identity, there are definitely some aspects of his life he keeps to himself.
    I agree, but I take special expectation when it comes to Snyder's version of the Justice League, because it's built conceptually with the idea that everyone on the main team has a level of openness with one another. This is made solid by the mental link that glues the team together. In the first arc Clark is actually the one who brings this up to Manhunter. Plus, this is also the Superman who has his adopted parents and high school crush/best friend as the greeting faces in Sanctuary because he wants all of the broken heroes coming in to feel at least some modicum of the safety and love that he felt while he was forming himself while growing up.

That's not to say he doesn't guard himself still, but as the comic said, Clark "likes his friends to see the things that made him who he is." In my opinion it's a direct call back to the classic Superman trophy idea that would be there for both himself and his friends to see, but this is much more intimate and functional. That was my take away.

Haven't been to the LCS yet, but this sounds amazing.

Seriously, how is the guy writing Superman in Justice League right now the same guy who wrote Unchained? Snyder has actually done a solid job with Clark, and after Unchained and Batman Endgame I didn't think that was possible.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Master Hero Vladimir

If Snyder wasn't busy with Justice League, do you think he could try working as a writer in the main Superman books? I don't mean any disrespect towards Bendis; he's been doing a solid job so far, but what could happen if Snyder was allowed to work in the Superman series. Maybe he could be a co-writer or something.

I don’t think he’s really interested in Supes. Unchained was basically the one story he wanted to tell with the character.