Page 176 of 212 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3173

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is better if it is just left to natural evolution like in our real world.
    Yes, with the MCU I also see a lot of people obsessed with it. Weird **** happens, sometimes over explaining things is worse than not explaining anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Wow, that's so dumb. I can't believe they let Aaron write that stuff, lol. That's the type of stuff the next writers can just ignore when his run is done.
    in fact the idea come from Earth-x mini serie in 2000

...discovers an elaborate Celestial manipulation on a cosmic scale: ancient humans were modified by the Celestials, given the ability to develop powers in order to act as a type of anti-bodies meant to stop radical elements such as deviants and alien species from harming the Earth and the Celestial embryo growing within it. Along with Earth, the Celestials modified the native species of many planets harboring Celestial embryos. Species affected by Celestial modification gradually undergo an evolution process where they develop powers either through natural means such as mutants, or unnatural means such as meta-humans like Spider-Man....

Mutants(and Deviants and Eternals) being the result of Celestial intervention precedes Earth X. Earth X expanded on that concept, and took it further by providing a reason for the Celestial intervention(they inserted the X-gene into protohumans so that they could develop superpowers and use them to protect the earth, which was incubating a baby Celestial inside the planet). Late era original X-Force played with this a bit, and so did the first X-Men Forever(where omega mutants were first coined). I'm not sure where the idea was introduced originally(maybe Jack Kirby's original Eternals run from the 70's).

mutantscelestials.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Mutants(and Deviants and Eternals) being the result of Celestial intervention precedes Earth X. Earth X expanded on that concept, and took it further by providing a reason for the Celestial intervention(they inserted the X-gene into protohumans so that they could develop superpowers and use them to protect the earth, which was incubating a baby Celestial inside the planet). Late era original X-Force played with this a bit, and so did the first X-Men Forever(where omega mutants were first coined). I'm not sure where the idea was introduced originally(maybe Jack Kirby's original Eternals run from the 70's).

mutantscelestials.jpg
    Funny humans hate mutants for being created by beings who sought evolution

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Earth X and its sequels were an AU.

Yes, the Celestials' creation of the Deviants and Eternals goes back to Kirby's original series in the 1970s. That the Celestials were involved with even more was expanded on in the 1980s by Mark Gruenwald, largely in the various Handbook to the Marvel Universe series. Other writers then built upon those ideas. Note: this was back when "continuity" was a selling point, not a dirty word.

(My preferred origin for the X-gene would be that it evolved naturally within humans as a reaction against the Celestials' tampering.)

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

https://mobile.twitter.com/tonlima_1...83214798336000

fanart so good it looks official. by Ton Lima

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Awesome fanart. For a second I thought this was a real cover.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

That's a really great piece, but I can't help but laugh at the major lens flare coming off of Xavier's bald head.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

This is so cute!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Don't know if this was ever posted. But I didn't remember seeing it.

Theory, we got a Kaguya situation coming. Only Naruto fans will get that. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-02-2019 at 11:53 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That Gabby cover is pretty good.

Please don't compare Hickman to Kishimoto. Hick actually knows how his stories are going to end.

Plus Cannonball x Smasher is better written than any romance in Naruto.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

I miss Gabby's Red costume. Looks much better than the ones she got on X-23 imo.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That Gabby cover is pretty good.

Please don't compare Hickman to Kishimoto. Hick actually knows how his stories are going to end.

Plus Cannonball x Smasher is better written than any romance in Naruto.
    Kishimoto became a mess later in Shippuden, especially regarding everything relating to Uchiha, who took over the manga. But I did like Naruto x Hinata, which he made canon. So far as romance, that puts him ahead of Marvel where any ship I had has been shot down. lol Closest thing now is Deadpool x Diamondback in Hotshots, but even that isn't really focused on much.
    DiamondPool1 copy.jpg

So for personal score in romance

Kishimoto = 2.5
    Marvel = 1.5 lol
    Out of 5.

I'll give a 5/5 for the people who gave me my LEGO OTP
    Kindred Spirits.jpg
    lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-02-2019 at 12:43 PM.