Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Destroyer Odin vs Galactus

Channeling the power of Asgard while inside the Destroyer Armor, from when he challenged the Host of Celestials.

Fight takes place on Mars.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Are we putting a Celestial above the Big G?

Cuz MegaOdin couldn't even do permanent damage to one.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Are we putting a Celestial above the Big G?

Cuz MegaOdin couldn't even do permanent damage to one.
    I would say Galactus is more powerful than a single Celestial personally. Like... 2 or 3x as powerful maybe.

Odin didn't permanently harm a Celestial, but he was slicing off huge parts of them and trading blasts for a while. I fully believe he could have handled a single Celestial. Just the battlefield didn't lend itself well to his victory as he was surrounded by foes on all sides.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I would say Galactus is more powerful than a single Celestial personally. Like... 2 or 3x as powerful maybe.

Odin didn't permanently harm a Celestial, but he was slicing off huge parts of them and trading blasts for a while. I fully believe he could have handled a single Celestial. Just the battlefield didn't lend itself well to his victory as he was surrounded by foes on all sides.
    Honestly, Odin looked very bad against the Celestials back then. Wasn't it the combined power of some pantheons in the Destroyer with Odin? (I can't remember).

He cut off parts of them but he couldn't even do lasting damage to any of them.

Based on that showing, the Big G would take them down.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Odin really didn't do any lasting damage to the Celestials he fought at all. Heck, even stuff like 'Cut off that dude's arm' ended with the Celestial casually putting his arm back on, as I recall.

Edit: Ninja'd, but the point remains the same.

Galactus, on the other hand, flat-out kills Celestials in battle with them. Grab, fry, dead.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Honestly, Odin looked very bad against the Celestials back then. Wasn't it the combined power of some pantheons in the Destroyer with Odin? (I can't remember).

He cut off parts of them but he couldn't even do lasting damage to any of them.

Based on that showing, the Big G would take them down.
    It was his full power + the combined energies of the people of Asgard, minus Thor.

Your thinking of his first encounter with a Celestial thousands of years prior. No armor, no Asgard, but Zeus + some other deity gave him their power for a blast that did nothing.
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

To go into more detail, Odin -- tricked out in the Destroyer armor, carrying all of the power of Asgard's people save Thor lumped on top of his (so, what, a 1% boost?), and using the Odinsword -- can do zero lasting damage to any of the Celestials he fights, while they kind of go at him casually until they decide they've had enough and all blast the crap out of him. The entire fight is written with the Celestials kind of standing there, using upraised palms to deflect Odin's blast's like they're nothing, reaching out and grabbing his arm with the Odinsword and casually stopping it dead, the narration written like they're kind of yawning while doing all of this and Odin is fighting 'like a wounded beast', etc.

Galactus fights against four Celestials who are doing their level best to dogpile him simultaneously, and basically flat-out grabs one Celestial in the middle of this and deep-fries his head, leaving him kaput. The Celestials have to go (as Pendaran puts it) Celestial Voltron on him to put him down.

I'm going with the guy who actually made the Celestials decide to work, and killed one of them in the doing.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Galactus killed one celestial but was beaten by others combining. Now after Franklin revived him he killed one but had his attack bounce right off the red one who proceeded to seemingly take him out of the fight on his own

The writer later said that Galactus would have lost even if the others had not combined. Now take that as you will but it's worth noting not all Celestials are made equal

That being said unnamed Celestials were stomping Odin in the armor so any comparison between Galactus and Celestials is quite pointless. Also current Galactus stomps anyway because he's received a power up (which may soon be overturned)

NecroGalactus vs. Ego the NecroWorld was amusing at least?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Galactus fights against four Celestials who are doing their level best to dogpile him simultaneously, and basically flat-out grabs one Celestial in the middle of this and deep-fries his head, leaving him kaput. The Celestials have to go (as Pendaran puts it) Celestial Voltron on him to put him down
    Yeah but later a single Celestial also kinda no sells his blast and puts him down.this after whatever power up Franklin gave him. Like I said not all Celestials are made equal.

I've been ninja'd by everybody at this point but one of the telling factors about the Odin fight with the Celestials was that, a thousand years earlier, Odin, Zeus and Vishnu combined their power against one of the Celestials and it did nothing. So Odin spends a thousand years prepping. This is not to the exclusion of everything else, of course, but still a thousand years. He absorbed all of Asgard into himself so he had 100% of the Odin power at his disposal. That power is in the Destroyer armor. He may or may not have had some power from all the other pantheon chiefs. He also has the Odin sword. And all of it and all that prep amounted to worthless against the Celestials.

Galactus, on the other hand, killed a Celestial and it took more than one to stop him and even Arishem, one on one, had to admit he was in a real fight.
    Power with Girl is better.

I'm interested to see how these new Dark Celestials stack up in the latest Avengers.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I'm interested to see how these new Dark Celestials stack up in the latest Avengers.
    Pretty edgy, I'm sure.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pretty edgy, I'm sure.
    Yeah, I'm thinking as much.

They sent one [dead] celestial careening to earth already.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking as much.

They sent one [dead] celestial careening to earth already.
    More than one actually. There were multiple celestials bodies falling down to earth.