View Poll Results: How do you prefer the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver background history ?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Children of Magneto, mutants from birth

267 89.60%
  • High Evolutionarys Experiments

31 10.40%
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

A part of me finds it ironic that we might start to see Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver finally re-intregrated into wider Marvel media (cartons, video games, etc.) with the Fox deal which means they may also re-establish the "children of Magneto" aspect that was popularized by other media .

Spectacular Member

i am hoping that they will return to their position as the children of magneto. I love the dynamic between pietro and magneto. It, as mentioned by others, felt like it was a snub of FOX more than any character evolution. They should be mutants not enhanced by the high evolutionary. The bit I was confused by was quicksilvers depowering when 'no more mutants' if he was never a mutant why was he affected? It seemed a rush job. So fingers crossed we will return to their mutant origins real soon

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    i am hoping that they will return to their position as the children of magneto. I love the dynamic between pietro and magneto. It, as mentioned by others, felt like it was a snub of FOX more than any character evolution. They should be mutants not enhanced by the high evolutionary. The bit I was confused by was quicksilvers depowering when 'no more mutants' if he was never a mutant why was he affected? It seemed a rush job. So fingers crossed we will return to their mutant origins real soon
    I don't think it was a snub of Fox. They wanted the comics to reflect their movies. Fox wasn't their competition, but rather free advertising like Sony.

I agree about the House of M thing. I miss the fact that Magneto's son was (technically) the prince of the inhumans, and he was a mutant.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

They can be mutants and children of Erik again, I don't really care as long as they keep Natalya and the mystical bloodline as a part of their story. They went out of their way to actually do something interesting with the retcon, so I hope they at least keep some of it. Bring their old father back, keep the new mother. It's a good compromise, IMO.

Although my favorite headcanon is still that Erik was indeed their biological father but Wanda unconsciouly erased that from reality that after the events of House Of M. It's probably the best way to explain the retcon while acknowledging that he has, in fact, been their biological father at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    They can be mutants and children of Erik again, I don't really care as long as they keep Natalya and the mystical bloodline as a part of their story. They went out of their way to actually do something interesting with the retcon, so I hope they at least keep some of it. Bring their old father back, keep the new mother. It's a good compromise, IMO.

Although my favorite headcanon is still that Erik was indeed their biological father but Wanda unconsciouly erased that from reality that after the events of House Of M. It's probably the best way to explain the retcon while acknowledging that he has, in fact, been their biological father at one point.
    Given that the spell is just as reliable proof as a talking cow, means it can be easily be undone.

Still the should keep Natalya and the mystical bloodline, since it still keeps the idea of them being Mystically Enhanced Mutants and one day we can finally see the Scarlet Warlock

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A part of me finds it ironic that we might start to see Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver finally re-intregrated into wider Marvel media (cartons, video games, etc.) with the Fox deal which means they may also re-establish the "children of Magneto" aspect that was popularized by other media .
    Hopefully it will not be all they are about in those media, WATX is a good animation. But Wanda was less than ideal there.
    I wish she gets to be where she really belongs and her faithfully adapted, rather than being reduced to a combination of a few "daughter tropes."

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Hopefully it will not be all they are about in those media, WATX is a good animation. But Wanda was less than ideal there.
    I wish she gets to be where she really belongs and her faithfully adapted, rather than being reduced to a combination of a few "daughter tropes."
    I liked Wanda Princess/later Queen of Genosha
    Still hopefully Wanda will start getting more media appearances that aren't just Magento's daughter or MCU knockoffs

Wanda and Pietro have been Magneto's kids since Neal Adams drew Magneto without a helmet. It may have been an accident, Claremont and Byrne may have capitalized on that with help along the way from Gruenwald, Grant, Michelinie and Ed-in-Chief Shooter (who interestingly contributed massively to the Whizzer-Miss America origin as well), and Bill Mantlo who cemented it into place with the Scarlet Witch-Vision mini. But, make no mistake, Magneto's been the twins parents since X-Men #62. For the record, Neal Adams says it was an not intentional that Magneto looked like Quicksilver, but a happy accident like that produced the twins' dad, Magneto. It doesn't matter what Remender did (and I like Remender) afterward, that continuity change won't stick around and can't erase what is now 50 years since the twins' father was revealed, intentionally or not.

Spider-Man has been thicc since John Romita Sr. took over from Ditko. It may have been an accident, later artists may have capitalized on that by making his tush tighter and tighter. But, make no mistake, Spider-Man's been thicc since Amazing Spider-Man #39. For the record, John Romita Sr. says it was not intentional that Peter be so thicc and chonky, but a happy accident that made him so attractive. It doesn't matter what McFarlane did (and I like McFarlane) afterward, that continuity change won't stick around and cannot erase what is decades and decades since Peter's thiccness was revealed, intentionally or not.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spider-Man has been thicc since John Romita Sr. took over from Ditko. It may have been an accident, later artists may have capitalized on that by making his tush tighter and tighter. But, make no mistake, Spider-Man's been thicc since Amazing Spider-Man #39. For the record, John Romita Sr. says it was not intentional that Peter be so thicc and chonky, but a happy accident that made him so attractive. It doesn't matter what McFarlane did (and I like McFarlane) afterward, that continuity change won't stick around and cannot erase what is decades and decades since Peter's thiccness was revealed, intentionally or not.
    You can be snide all you want. I'm trying to give the writers and artists their due. That Magneto was the twins' father was talked about by fans since Neal Adams drew Magneto in 1969. Nothing Remender did will change that. Magneto is Pietro and Wanda's dad, and that's all there is to it. That recon of a recon is due, and it will happen. Every real fan knows it. Look at the poll for goodness' sake.

Incredible Member

Daaaaaammnnnn

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I liked Wanda Princess/later Queen of Genosha
    Still hopefully Wanda will start getting more media appearances that aren't just Magento's daughter or MCU knockoffs
    She is not a bad character on her own, but I just feel "she should be somewhere else."
    And of course, there is this negative feeling toward Wanda being "royal" for me. Yeah, yeah, personal bias.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    You can be snide all you want. I'm trying to give the writers and artists their due. That Magneto was the twins' father was talked about by fans since Neal Adams drew Magneto in 1969. Nothing Remender did will change that. Magneto is Pietro and Wanda's dad, and that's all there is to it. That recon of a recon is due, and it will happen. Every real fan knows it. Look at the poll for goodness' sake.
    The poll doesn't give me a "I don't care" option.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    She is not a bad character on her own, but I just feel "she should be somewhere else."
    And of course, there is this negative feeling toward Wanda being "royal" for me. Yeah, yeah, personal bias.
    Shame we never got a Season 2, I would love to have seen how Wanda and Polaris would have rebuilt Genosha

BANNED

To me, the island Genosha most definitely is to make its debut in the MCU post Phase 3! I view it to be an as facinating a place as Wakanda