Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

The previews for this look incredible.
    The end of a (too short) era.
    Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Hickman's run was the best Xmen has been in 20 years - and sadly itll probably be another 20 before there's another worthy Xmen run.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

wondering if gerry's x-men will pop up in this.....

if u think about HIS book it reads like its the 2nd age of krakoa on its own.. something to keep your eyes on

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I dont know if this was intended but i love this parallel of Emma and X

WE all get a CEREBRO!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    *pic*

WE all get a CEREBRO!
    And then self-aware Cerebro from Hunt for Xavier returns, having actualy survived the outcome of that story and bid it's time (and having never existed in Moira's previous timeline she disregarded it in her plans), to free the new Cerebro which turns out to have been made from Danger.

Resulting in Cerebro wearing Cerebro too!

And then. SUPRISE! Cerebra has returned aswell after becomming self aware too and is now angry because Xavier left it behind in the old Mansion, where the tech-bugs have fused with it. After which it went to The World and fused with the self-aware virus that has remained there since Storm's visit and now it wants to fuse with the two Cerebros.

But then SUPRISE! ...
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-03-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Jason Aaron kicking himself for not doing an arc where all the Avengers are wearing a Cerebro before someone else did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Jason Aaron kicking himself for not doing an arc where all the Avengers are wearing a Cerebro before someone else did it.
    Hmmm, Cerebro Five?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That won't stop him.

Inferno #4 cover
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Inferno #4 cover
    The art is sublime, and this particular cover has me thinking, if Mystique knows where Irene's remains are, why can't she use magic or some other way to bring her back, why rely on only Xavier and Magneto? I know people may say stuff can go sideways like it did for SW, but she can try reach out to Mikhail or find an Arraki with that ability.Plot contrivance aside for a desperate woman she has a one track mind.For me it would enrich the story if she first tried another way to get Irene back (even if she failed) than just hang on Xavier's empty promises

Inferno #4 cover
    Beautiful. I'm honestly on the edge of my seat as I can't even guess what will happen.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That won't stop him.
    Seriously. Why put that out in the universe...

In a year from now, the Avengers will do a Cerebro Saga. >_>

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The art is sublime, and this particular cover has me thinking, if Mystique knows where Irene's remains are, why can't she use magic or some other way to bring her back, why rely on only Xavier and Magneto? I know people may say stuff can go sideways like it did for SW, but she can try reach out to Mikhail or find an Arraki with that ability.Plot contrivance aside for a desperate woman she has a one track mind.For me it would enrich the story if she first tried another way to get Irene back (even if she failed) than just hang on Xavier's empty promises
    All of her motivation comes from what Destiny told her. We also do not know what else Destiny told her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The crux of the issue is not that Mystique can't find an alternative. I mean, we were shown that a bunch of kids over at New Mutants came up with slightly plausible workarounds after all. The main thing is that Xavier and Mags can bring her back but won't. Irene warmed her that they wouldn't. She's doing as she was instructed by Irene. Pushing for the why first and foremost, rather than let them know she's got some, if ever vague, inside scoop into what's going on.

The question just dawned on me but where are they? The round opening at the top reminds me of The Oracle where Raven went to cheers with Irene's presence/ghost/thingy.

Last edited by JB; 09-03-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Press release they added with the cover

This December, Jonathan Hickman’s transformative work on the X-Men universe comes to end in INFERNO #4. The climactic finale of this highly anticipated limited series will reunite Hickman with artist Valerio Schiti as they team up to put some of mutantkind’s biggest mysteries to rest.
    Since the groundbreaking 2019 series House of X and Powers of X, Hickman has reshaped the X-Men franchise and ushered in one of its boldest eras yet. The foundation Hickman built will live on but INFERNO will deliver much anticipated resolutions to some of Krakoa’s long-running plotlines including Mystique’s heartbreaking quest to be reunited with Destiny. And fans can also expect more revelations from the past lives of Moira MacTaggert all while the unstoppable threat Nimrod finally makes his move.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer