Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Does anyone think that Green Arrow not being a strong fighter adds on to him being an underdog? I noticed that he gets his arse handed to him at times.
    I believe Ollie should be a competent enough fighter. Not at Batman's levels or not even Dinah's but he should be skilled.

People often forget that archery is an extremely complex art by itself and becoming an expert of it automatically developes your strength, speed and precision so Ollie being the World's Greatest Archer should make him easily above an average fighter.

I believe Winick did good with that aspect during his run but I'm not necessarily claiming for such an overly-efficient Ollie to return.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I believe Ollie should be a competent enough fighter. Not at Batman's levels or not even Dinah's but he should be skilled.

People often forget that archery is an extremely complex art by itself and becoming an expert of it automatically developes your strength, speed and precision so Ollie being the World's Greatest Archer should make him easily above an average fighter.

I believe Winick did good with that aspect during his run but I'm not necessarily claiming for such an overly-efficient Ollie to return.
    Fair enough, I think I'm more married with the idea of his heart being in the right place, but beyond his skill with a bow, he's mostly got to rely on gimmicks. Ollie notoriously talks a bigger game than he can back up and his fighting ability reflecting that makes sense. About the only place his checks can cash is archery, in which he is second-to-none (despite his claims of others surpassing him).

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Fair enough, I think I'm more married with the idea of his heart being in the right place, but beyond his skill with a bow, he's mostly got to rely on gimmicks. Ollie notoriously talks a bigger game than he can back up and his fighting ability reflecting that makes sense. About the only place his checks can cash is archery, in which he is second-to-none (despite his claims of others surpassing him).
    I think he should be decent for a crime-fighter as far as fighting capability, but would probably have to go for cheap shots or cheat to beat the more remarkable hand-to-hand fighters of the DCU.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I like Ollie as a competent hand to hand fighter. NOT a martial artist legend he winded up as in Winick's run.
    He's the bowmaster.
    Leave Connor as the martial arts master.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I like Ollie as a competent hand to hand fighter. NOT a martial artist legend he winded up as in Winick's run.
    He's the bowmaster.
    Leave Connor as the martial arts master.
    I'm good with that. He watches enough boxing to have a mean right hook!

BANNED

Issue 50 preview

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...iew-cancelled/

Not giving something like this my money. Sorry, Dinah has been built up so well over this series that she WOULD go to jail for Ollie if she could rather than betray him. This feels like the writers themselves are doing this under protest let alone her.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Issue 50 preview

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...iew-cancelled/

Not giving something like this my money. Sorry, Dinah has been built up so well over this series that she WOULD go to jail for Ollie if she could rather than betray him. This feels like the writers themselves are doing this under protest let alone her.
    The Dinah who has been constantly insulting and disminishing Ollie at everytime over the course of this volume?

Sure...

BANNED

Do i need to say don't worry guys ? lol This is Green Arrow, he will have relauch. Nowadays no title goes on until 60 issues. They flood the market with new '' issue # 1 s ''

I'm a trade waiter so don't care as long as they don't cancel the deluxe Green Arrow line without finishing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    The Dinah who has been constantly insulting and disminishing Ollie at everytime over the course of this volume?

Sure...
    Tsundre reactions are easily trumped by loyalty and devotion.

I'm a Hey Arnold fan, believe me, I've seen much worse.

BANNED

So some pages of Doomsday Clock#9 came out and, well...

spoilers:
    Apparently Ollie and Dinah are still together
    end of spoilers

Um....'kay. Guess what's coming up doesn't go the way we all think

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Still the greatest (and my most appreciated!) GA story!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

I'm with you.
    Throw in the Wonder Year and you get a great taste of Grell's Oliver Queen - and damn, Shado is such a great character....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Yup this and Lemire Weapon Clans is my favorite GA stories to read.

BANNED

I read some spoilers from Green Arrow#50 (though I haven't seen the full issue yet).

spoilers:
    It's less of a break-up between Ollie and Dinah, more of a "see you later". Dinah lets Ollie go, tells him he needs to run to stay a step ahead of her bosses, and she hopes they reunite (and according to Doomsday Clock#9, they do) She also is beginning to remember their marriage from pre-flashpoint days and she wants to build towards that life again.
    end of spoilers