Page 46 of 136 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

A Fantastic Voyage type adventure w. a group of DC’s shrinking characters getting together and trying to figure out what’s screwing up The Microverse. They’ll run into Aron Aut, Preon, The Docent Folk etc. They’ll def. stop off at Moz-Ga the Thinking Planet, and maybe even have to survive an encounter w. Dr. Manhattan.

SHRINKING VIOLET
    When her home planet Imsk begins to tear itself apart and her ppl’s shrinking powers start killing them in various ways, Violet travels 1,000 years into the past to consult history’s foremost expert in size alteration.

THE ATOM
    In true comic book fashion, Violet finds Ray Palmer, already investigating strange goings on in The Microverse which seem to transcend space, time, and even dimensional barriers. He informs Violet he’s in the middle of organizing an expedition, and Violet readily joins up.

THE ATOM II
    Ryan Choi was the first person Ray Palmer contacted, and he helped verify Ray’s findings. Now Ryan’s helping gather ppl who are uniquely suited to help investigate The Microverse.

BUMBLEBEE
    Karen Beecher-Duncan is a veteran hero and a keen scientific mind in her own right. With Ray and Ryan’s help she’s going to shrink smaller than she ever has before. She’s very excited.

MOLECULE
    This is someone Ray Palmer’s wanted to meet for some time now, as he’s curious how the young man achieves his size changing. Spoiler alert, Molecule is going to be a pivotal player on this expedition, and might not come back to Earth when it’s over.

ATOMICA
    If Rhonda Pineda can be trusted even a little bit to go on this expedition, it’s only because she was ripped from her own Earth when her size changing belt went crazy, and she desperately wants to leave the backwards world she’s now trapped in and get back to her Johnny Quick.

QUEEN ATOMIA
    The first person Ray & Company are going to run into is Queen Atomia, Ruler of U-235 the Atom World. She’s going to join the expedition whether anyone likes it or not, because her world is in danger as well. Look for her to be very Namor-like; haughty, antagonistic, sure she can kick anyone’s ass, and motivated by keeping her ppl safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Sorry, the names are too small to see.

May I ask how come you don't just always write the names of the characters? I feel that would be easier.

Screwing around w. the alt reality Starjammers line up from the Heroes Reborn event over at Marvel.

SLADE WILSON (Christopher Summers)
    The badass Earthling w. an eyepatch. He and his two young kids were kidnapped into space by Gordanian slavers, escaped, and have spent years among the stars, living as pirates.

GRANT WILSON (Scott Summers)
    Slade’s oldest son and badass in training.

JOEY WILSON (Alex Summers)
    Slade’s youngest son, who has some potent eyeball related powers.

PANTHA (Hepzibah)
    A werecat of mysterious origins, and Slade’s lover. She’s got enhanced senses, superhuman stats, and a tendency to go feral while in combat.

MEDPHYLL (Groot)
    In this reality, the plant like alien was never offered a Green Lantern Ring, and has gotten by on his own raw power since leaving his home planet and joining Slade’s crew.

CH’P (Rocket)
    The little guy actually was a Green Lantern in this reality, but had it taken away for conduct unbecoming. He’s never told his fellow pirates what that conduct was.

BLACKFIRE (Lilandra)
    Exiled Queen Komand’r is on the run from all types of bad guys as she tries to figure out how to get herself back on the Tamaranean Throne.

NIGHT LANTERN (Johnny Storm Nova)
    An Earth born Lantern, Hal Grayson tries to commandeer Slade Wilson’s ship in order to ferry Queen Komand’r to an important rendezvous. This...doesn’t go over well.

Ultimate Member

The Micronauts
    SHRINKING VIOLET
    THE ATOM
    THE ATOM II
    BUMBLEBEE
    MOLECULE
    ATOMICA
    QUEEN ATOMIA
    Wow, that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Wow, that's awesome!
    Thanks! That was a fun one to do.

Ultimate Member

No idea if I've done this one before;

Since Marvel's dug up their 'Justice League' esque team of Squadron Supreme characters (and tends to use them as bad guys), why not make a team of 'Avengers' out of DC characters?

Meet, Vengeance!

Lex Luthor (Iron Man, armored billionaire)
    Solomon Grundy (Hulk, mindless brute)
    Kalibak the Cruel (Thor, weapon wielding god)
    Giganta (Giant-Man, towering titan)
    Queen Bee (Wasp, insect-themed agent)
    Deathstroke (Captain America, enhanced soldier)
    June Moon/Enchantress (Scarlet Witch, sorceress)
    Zoom (Quicksilver, speedster)
    Merlyn (Hawkeye, archer)

No idea if I've done this one before;

Since Marvel's dug up their 'Justice League' esque team of Squadron Supreme characters (and tends to use them as bad guys), why not make a team of 'Avengers' out of DC characters?

Meet, Vengeance!

Lex Luthor (Iron Man, armored billionaire)
    Solomon Grundy (Hulk, mindless brute)
    Kalibak the Cruel (Thor, weapon wielding god)
    Giganta (Giant-Man, towering titan)
    Queen Bee (Wasp, insect-themed agent)
    Deathstroke (Captain America, enhanced soldier)
    June Moon/Enchantress (Scarlet Witch, sorceress)
    Zoom (Quicksilver, speedster)
    Merlyn (Hawkeye, archer)
    That. Kicks. Ass.

You got my wheels turning w. that great build, Sutekh!
    I put together a villainous West Coast Avengers version…

LEX LUTHOR (Tony Stark)
    Def. a great fit as the armored billionaire. The eeeeevil armored billionaire.

MERCY GRAVES (Mockingbird)
    Mercy takes an active role on the team to better do her job as a bodyguard, since Luthor insists on putting himself in danger. She starts to display some great leadership skills on missions and in combat situations that really surprises her teammates and her boss.

RENEGADE (Wonderman)
    A badass 31st century Daxamite strong enough to take on Mon-El and Ultra Boy simultaniously. If this guy were stranded in the present Luthor would be first in line to recruit him. His costume reminds me of Wonderman’s sleeveless look, but w. brighter colors.

MERLYN (Hawkeye)
    It’s like an unwritten rule that archer characters be brash and or outspoken. Merlyn wouldn’t have a problem getting up in Luthor’s face if he felt it was needed. It’s good to have someone like that on a team.

CHEETAH (Tigra)
    Cheetah and Luthor have served on the same teams before, and have a fairly good working relationship. Someone like Cheetah, who’s hella smart and a strong fast viscous fighter is always going to be an asset.

Ultimate Member

I put together a villainous West Coast Avengers version…
    Ooh, I love Mercy Graves as Mockingbird, and Cheetah in the place of Tigra!

Would Prometheus be a suitable stand-in for USAgent? (Both kind of ape the style of another, Cap in USAgents case, Deathstroke in Prometheus' case, but use 'cheats' to get ahead, power broker strength vs. 'downloaded skills'.)

Ooh, I love Mercy Graves as Mockingbird, and Cheetah in the place of Tigra!

Would Prometheus be a suitable stand-in for USAgent? (Both kind of ape the style of another, Cap in USAgents case, Deathstroke in Prometheus' case, but use 'cheats' to get ahead, power broker strength vs. 'downloaded skills'.)
    Oh I dig that, yes!

Ultimate Member

LEX LUTHOR (Tony Stark)
    Def. a great fit as the armored billionaire. The eeeeevil armored billionaire.
    I was surprised when thinking up this 'DC evil Avengers' riff at how few armored battlesuit villains of note DC has. Marvel has multiple armor heroes, Iron Man, War Machine, Ironheart, etc. and multiple villains like Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man. But for DC, all I could think of right off were Steel / John Henry Irons and Lex Luthor in all his green and purple glory. Others like old blink-and-you-missed-him Firestorm villain the Enforcer are barely even footnotes, by comparison. I'm sure there are others I'm just failing to think of right now that I'll kick myself for missing out on later.

There were plenty of Hulk analogues. Doomsday, Blockbuster, etc. I just liked Solomon Grundy the best of that lot.

Weapon wielding gods, in the vein of Thor, eh. I didn't want to use an obvious god like Ares, since he didn't seem like a team player, or someone who'd take orders from Lex, so a New God like Kalibak was definitely my go-to.

I was surprised when thinking up this 'DC evil Avengers' riff at how few armored battlesuit villains of note DC has. Marvel has multiple armor heroes, Iron Man, War Machine, Ironheart, etc. and multiple villains like Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man. But for DC, all I could think of right off were Steel / John Henry Irons and Lex Luthor in all his green and purple glory. Others like old blink-and-you-missed-him Firestorm villain the Enforcer are barely even footnotes, by comparison. I'm sure there are others I'm just failing to think of right now that I'll kick myself for missing out on later.
    ^^^I was thinking the same thing while looking for a pic of Merlyn, about how deep DC is in archery characters compared to Marvel.

There were plenty of Hulk analogues. Doomsday, Blockbuster, etc. I just liked Solomon Grundy the best of that lot.
    ^^^Grundy’s always been a favorite of mine, and a great Hulk analogue. I will admit to really liking Damage from the New Age of Heroes, though. I was really bummed his book got cancelled.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I feel like this came up pretty early in the thread. I don't know If I was the first one to point it out or naw, but....

Lex = Tony

Bane = Cap

Ares = Thor.

Pretty wild.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I feel like this came up pretty early in the thread. I don't know If I was the first one to point it out or naw, but....

Lex = Tony

Bane = Cap

Ares = Thor.

Pretty wild.
    Like a Marvel-ish Dark Trinity.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Like a Marvel-ish Dark Trinity.
    Yeah, lol I felt like it was ironic that the biggest enemies of the trinity was essentially in a few ways "The avengers"
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.