Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It was damaged enough where they let out every single inmate. So you'd imagine that it was pretty badly destroyed, but I guess they are just going to destroy it again for Eternal most likely.
    A power outage is enough to open all the doors. That and Superwoman ripping open the front doors leads to an easy break out. No need to destroy the building.

BANNED

I don't like the idea of Wayne Manor being defiled by the Arkham psychos. How can Bruce ever live there again after having those freaks in his home? Gotham Academy looks just like the kind of fun book I am always looking to read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    FE forced them to have to do somthing, but the somthing they came up with seems to be set up to stand on its own. So if Grayson interests u then id say its safe to try it out even if u avoided FE.
    Strictly speaking I'm much more interested in Helena Bertinelli than Grayson...

It seems like Morrisons Batman run is going to be more influential to it than FE
    Well, that's a positive.
    Anyway, it's at least a year until the first trade. Plenty of time to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    A power outage is enough to open all the doors. That and Superwoman ripping open the front doors leads to an easy break out. No need to destroy the building.
    No reason to suggest they didn't destroy the building though. I mean they busted through the walls in Blackgate pretty nonchalantly. Probably did the same for Arkham too.

Arkham Manor sounds really interesting. Gotham academy, not so much. It sounds like a rip off of Avengers Academy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'mNotDaredevil View Post
    Arkham Manor sounds really interesting. Gotham academy, not so much. It sounds like a rip off of Avengers Academy.
    They don't sound remotely similar besides the word 'Academy.'

I guarantee you this book wouldn't exist or at least wouldn't be called "Gotham Academy" if it weren't for Avengers Academy.

BANNED

I guarantee you this book wouldn't exist or at least wouldn't be called "Gotham Academy" if it weren't for Avengers Academy.
    I do not care one whit.

Astonishing Member

DC had a "Justice League Academy" under consideration prior to AA. Marvel have no ownership of the word "Academy".

Astonishing Member

Marvel should sue West Point Academy.

But seriously, Gotham Academy looks like an actual school in Gotham, not a superhero thing.
    Last edited by Kid A; 07-08-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    No reason to suggest they didn't destroy the building though. I mean they busted through the walls in Blackgate pretty nonchalantly. Probably did the same for Arkham too.
    It all depends on the members who attacked which prison. Owlman and Superwoman are more cerebral than Johnny Quick or Power Ring. Finesse vs brute force. You can't assume something is destroyed based on other institutions being hit. Arkham could have been spared due to Bat editors putting in their 2 cents.

Ultimate Member

Or could this series be the nesting ground for another series? Some way some how Batman gets certain MIA teens including some red haired girl, dreadlock black kid and some blond that likes waffles and whatever these two girls become. They go to school during the day and fight local crime at night.

Some how along the way this series gets axed and becomes Young Justice with the Justice League & Batman doing the training. You still have teens acting normal but you can toss in fighting crime. I mean aside from Tim & Conner-the rest of that cast is nowhere to be seen. That would be a way to bring them back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Or could this series be the nesting ground for another series? Some way some how Batman gets certain MIA teens including some red haired girl, dreadlock black kid and some blond that likes waffles and whatever these two girls become. They go to school during the day and fight local crime at night.

Some how along the way this series gets axed and becomes Young Justice with the Justice League & Batman doing the training. You still have teens acting normal but you can toss in fighting crime. I mean aside from Tim & Conner-the rest of that cast is nowhere to be seen. That would be a way to bring them back.
    While this is most certainly possible after the first writer gets fired and some retcons have been pulled, but I seriously doubt that this is even remotely what the original intent for the book is.

Well, the Batbooks did previously have Brentwood Academy (a school that Tim Drake got stuck in at one point), which predates Avengers Academy by about a decade...

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

The original idea for an "Academy" of young superheroes debuted in August 1968 in Adventure Comics #371 when Jim Shooter introduced the Legion Academy. So who's copying who?
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 07-09-2014 at 08:23 AM.