Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    I'm a little bit aggravated -- unlike the previous releases where you could get Ben and Johnny from Insider points, the Insider rewards for this event gives you Namor and not Sue.
    They half-assed Sue in general, you can tell that the focus was on Namor.

Her specials are boring and show a lack of creativity, especially when you compare it to the other FF related characters introduced so far.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Jen Bartel's Fearless Variant cover:

https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/sta...03555995332608

Mighty Member

Not digging how Carol is in front of Sue. Sue deserves to be front and center right next to Storm because of both A) personal biases and B) I find Sue and Storm to have richer histories and more star power than Carol, again personal bias.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Not digging how Carol is in front of Sue. Sue deserves to be front and center right next to Storm because of both A) personal biases and B) I find Sue and Storm to have richer histories and more star power than Carol, again personal bias.
    She has a billion dollar film so it makes sense. As long as they don't treat her as better than the others and doesn't have the most focus in the book then I'm good.

Plus it's one variant cover.

Sue's powers looks like galaxies. Beautiful cover.

Another great superheroine. Sue often does not get the credit she deserves for her role in making strong female characters a thing in comics. Sue will always be one of my favorites.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The lack of promotion for her upcoming mini is pissing me off.

It's been two months and not a peep, it's out next month. You can't have new book like this and, not promote it and be shocked if it doesn't sell that well.

People will say the usual crap of "this is proof the character doesn't work on their own". It's a pattern that has happened so many times before. Marvel just releases a book with a character that hasn't built up the fanbase as a solo hero, with little to no promotion and marketing. Then other comic fans claim it's because the character simply doesn't work. It's a stupid cycle.

There are a bunch of rumors going around on Instagram that Marvel is eyeing a 2022 release of their version of the Fantastic Four. Supposedly it is to take place in the 1960s and Peyton Reed from Ant-Man and the Wasp wants to direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The lack of promotion for her upcoming mini is pissing me off.

It's been two months and not a peep, it's out next month. You can't have new book like this and, not promote it and be shocked if it doesn't sell that well.

People will say the usual crap of "this is proof the character doesn't work on their own". It's a pattern that has happened so many times before. Marvel just releases a book with a character that hasn't built up the fanbase as a solo hero, with little to no promotion and marketing. Then other comic fans claim it's because the character simply doesn't work. It's a stupid cycle.
    Marvel might have been planning to but Waid is in the "news" again for causing trouble so they maybe considering bad press by association to land on this title. *shrug* Not sure.

I do think you are right though, under normal circumstances it be nice to have some more information on what will happen to the character in this title or some more artwork for those on the fence.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-06-2019 at 07:19 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Marvel might have been planning to but Waid is in the "news" again for causing trouble so they maybe considering bad press by association to land on this title. *shrug* Not sure.

I do think you are right though, under normal circumstances it be nice to have some more information on what will happen to the character in this title or some more artwork for those on the fence.
    Yeah artwork is the least they could show. There are still two variants yet to be revealed.

It's just incredibly frustrating that there is nothing, especially when other books out the same month and after are being promoted.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

From what I read at Bleeding Cool, sounds like the other guy was the one causing trouble. Are you talking about the recent retailer event in Las Vegas?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    From what I read at Bleeding Cool, sounds like the other guy was the one causing trouble. Are you talking about the recent retailer event in Las Vegas?
    Yeah that is the one. The comic shop owner posted something on facebook that tells a similar but different story. Other people have commented on saying they where there and that his (comic shop owner) case is closer to being correct. Plus Waid has a history now of not playing well with others.

Not sure who is correct or who is wrong. But at the end of the day it's bad press and if shop owners (you know the actual customer to Marvel and DC) are upset now may or may not be a good time to advertise Waid books.

But again I'm not confirming anything. Just relaying what I found/seen/heard.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-06-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah that is the one. The comic shop owner posted something on facebook that tells a similar but different story. Other people have commented on saying they where there and that his (comic shop owner) case is closer to being correct. Plus Waid has a history now of not playing well with others.

Not sure who is correct or who is wrong. But at the end of the day it's bad press and if shop owners (you know the actual customer to Marvel and DC) are upset now may or may not be a good time to advertise Waid books.

But again I'm not confirming anything. Just relaying what I found/seen/heard.
    Does this have anything to do with this Comicgate stuff, the ones who always whine about "social justice warriors? I'm not a huge fan of Waid either but it could be a case of the other guy making a pest of himself.

Marvel might have been planning to but Waid is in the "news" again for causing trouble so they maybe considering bad press by association to land on this title. *shrug* Not sure....
    Again, jeez, WTH!? *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Jen Bartel's Fearless Variant cover:

https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/sta...03555995332608
    Very nice I must say.