Page 141 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I found that article a few days ago. It was a tremendous disappointment. Because just from the title, I thought for a moment this would be about how the writers had failed Wanda.
    It's not just the title that lured us into thinking that; the framing in the intro also suggested the piece was going to talk about the writers' handling of the character. Disappointing for sure. I guess they at least did more research into the character than the usual wiki copy-paste you see in pop culture articles... even if what was said was wrong/outdated/based on an incomplete reading of the comics.

As an aside, I hate attempts to make sense of that depiction of Wanda. I feel like it's validating problematic writing (and I use that term to refer to both the poor characterisation/continuity problems and the sexist, ableist tropes in the story). It's like stepping on dog poop, and then buying a dog because you want to explain why there's dog poop on your shoe. Just wipe the poo off!

Wanda does not appear in Empyre: X-Men #2. The opening of the issue lies, crediting the deaths of mutants on Genosha to Wanda instead of the Sentinels.

Why is Marvel doing this? Specifically the X-side? It's making me care less and less about comics when they keep trashing the character, but movies and tv do better with her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda does not appear in Empyre: X-Men #2. The opening of the issue lies, crediting the deaths of mutants on Genosha to Wanda instead of the Sentinels.

Wait, I just looked at it. It doesn't say she killed them instead of Sentinels. It says what happened in the first issue. She tried to bring mutants back and they became zombies.

Extraordinary Member

I'm more annoyed that they used Wanda to resurrect zombie mutants and then she vanished from the story. When Wanda fans say Marvel Comics use her as a "plot device" this is what we mean. It's like how, in House of M, she barely appeared in the story at all.

Combining this with her not being in Empyre, an event that has a lot of connections to stories she appeared in/characters she is connected with, really is frustrating, and it would be even if her next movie hadn't been delayed. It will be a while before we see a good story for her.

I prefer her to be in limbo again instead of being used as plot device doing stupid sh*t somewhere ignoring all the things she did in past years to stay away from mutant world.

In defense of X-Writers/Marvel the story's not over Wanda could easily make and appearance and rectify what happened, or she may have just dipped after fucking up Lmao!

If she were gonna show up, spoilers:
    you'd think it'd have been for her spiritual reborn child's wedding? But no parents were there. Even Rebecca and Jeff weren't there. But Pietro was for some weird reason. And I want that reason to be that Pietro is tutoring Speed or something.
    end of spoilers But, I'm gonna keep tempering expectations on Wanda. Because Marvel has not proven anything different at least since her solo. And even then she was only in that an not anything else.

I think that is Noh-Varr a member of young Avengers, but to be fair he really looks like Pietro lol

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm hoping this X-Men tie-in will end with the revelation that it wasn't really Wanda who did it, but someone pretending to be her for some reason. Unless Hickman has some actual long-term plan for this story, which doesn't involve Wanda being turned into a mere punching bag for mutants, I'm just not seeing the point in dragging her into it at all.

BTW, Wanda appeared in Lords Of Empyre: Celestial Messiah. She appeared in two flashbacks to her Avengers days with Mantis. She even had some lines in one of them.

Extraordinary Member

Since this X-Men tie-in mini seems to have been put together in a hurry - every issue has a few pages by a different writer, with Hickman probably writing the Wanda pages in the first issue - I suspect Hickman may have used this as setup for something he would originally have done in another story. I guess we'll see how it ends and if Wanda is alive or not (or if the version in Zub's Avengers tie-in is someone else in disguise or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If she were gonna show up, spoilers:
    you'd think it'd have been for her spiritual reborn child's wedding? But no parents were there. Even Rebecca and Jeff weren't there. But Pietro was for some weird reason. And I want that reason to be that Pietro is tutoring Speed or something.
    end of spoilers But, I'm gonna keep tempering expectations on Wanda. Because Marvel has not proven anything different at least since her solo. And even then she was only in that an not anything else.
    That was Noh Var and he only looks like pietro cause they had to be able to distinguish between him and Tommy which is why Tommy came dressed like a hot ass mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That was Noh Var and he only looks like pietro cause they had to be able to distinguish between him and Tommy which is why Tommy came dressed like a hot ass mess.
    Oh ok, makes much more sense.

I'm still mad that she's not on the cover of the Aftermath though... C'mon Cheung I trusted you.