Default Prequels/preludes to the Final Crisis (Omnibus)?

Currently reading this big beast here (https://www.amazon.com/Final-Crisis-...crisis+omnibus) and I have to admit its... a bit confusing.

Is there an "Identity Crisis" to the Final Crisis? Identity Crisis; Infinity Crisis Omnibus and 52 are a great prelude, main part and conclusion. Is there a single issue dealing with why the whole Apokoliptian governing body hangs around on earth in a fight club all day long or how Orion ended up as he did? Or even inside the story itself at one page "Boss Dark Side" is alive but a bit stressed out and some pages later declared dead with any explanation whatsoever. And I think I have not even progressed to the actual main Final Crisis event in that tome. *sigh* I guess I'm not that covered post IC as I thought.

And almost completely unrelated: I read that "Heroes in Crisis" is a bit on the "Identity Crisis" wavelength. So does that mean its part of the main universe story continuity; possible major event starter? No Elseworlds?

edit: I have to add that I'm only half into it and cannot rule out that all that will be explained later in the FCO. But it kind of feels that it expects I had read something else first.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 11-07-2018 at 03:00 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Currently reading this big beast here (https://www.amazon.com/Final-Crisis-...crisis+omnibus) and I have to admit its... a bit confusing.

Is there an "Identity Crisis" to the Final Crisis?
    JLA Classified #1 to #3 and the Mr. Miracle mini from Seven Soldiers of Victory. They're also kind of confusing, but they should cover you.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Orion's death is covered later in the series. It's intentioanlly a bit confusing for reasons that will make sense later. As for Boss Darkseid's death, there's a few lines implying Apokalyptians burn through humans fast, so, while there are a few issues that deal with the Dark Side Club, the answer to that question is in the series proper, albeit briefly.

Is there an "Identity Crisis" to the Final Crisis? Identity Crisis; Infinity Crisis Omnibus and 52 are a great prelude, main part and conclusion. Is there a single issue dealing with why the whole Apokoliptian governing body hangs around on earth in a fight club all day long or how Orion ended up as he did? Or even inside the story itself at one page "Boss Dark Side" is alive but a bit stressed out and some pages later declared dead with any explanation whatsoever. And I think I have not even progressed to the actual main Final Crisis event in that tome. *sigh* I guess I'm not that covered post IC as I thought.

And almost completely unrelated: I read that "Heroes in Crisis" is a bit on the "Identity Crisis" wavelength. So does that mean its part of the main universe story continuity; possible major event starter? No Elseworlds?

edit: I have to add that I'm only half into it and cannot rule out that all that will be explained later in the FCO. But it kind of feels that it expects I had read something else first.
    Well the Omnibus you picked is missing lots of stories and tie-in to the Final Crisis storyline, mainly the 7 soldiers storyline which goes as follows:
    01. Seven Soldiers of Victory #0
    02. Seven Soldiers: Shining Knight #1-4
    03. Seven Soldiers: Guardian #1-4
    04. Seven Soldiers: Zatanna #1-3
    05. Seven Soldiers: Klarion the Witcher Boy #1-3
    06. Seven Soldiers of Victory #1
    07. Seven Soldiers : Mister Miracle #1-4
    08. Seven Soldiers : Frankenstein #1-4
    09. Seven Soldiers : Bulleteer #1-4
    10. Seven Soldiers : Zatanna #4
    11. Seven Soldiers : Klarion the Witch Boy #4

And as noted by @BohemiaDrinker there is also tie-ins in JLA Classified #1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Thanks a lot!

Oh boy, a tad more than I imagined. Next paycheck then. I did had an eye on the Seven Soldiers Omnibus when I first saw it. Guess it leaped to front row of my personal upcoming list now.

Here is your proverbial locksmith: https://rikdad.blogspot.com/2018/01/...ew-part-i.html

CBR's own @rikdad broke the story wide open for me. Anyone that tells me they were confused by Final Crisis, I send them to Rikdad's blog posts. I do the same for anyone that tells me they understood everything in Final Crisis because I think it's virtually impossible without Rikdad's posts. They're almost required reading to get everything there is to get out of Final Crisis.

I can't recommend his posts on this story (Doomsday Clock too!) enough.