Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Which brings us back to my point about not hanging out with people like Suge Knight.
    While folks seem to look at that aspect from a "Corrupted" point of view, I never really saw it that way. It was something that was a fundamental element of the man's perspective.

BANNED

It's becoming increasingly apparent since the Pew Die Pie scandal that we've lost the youth of America. Gen X and the Millennials are an island of decency surrounded by old school autocrats who cannibalized their children's futures on o e side and new anti-opinion trolls on the other; desensitized to the reality of things like antisemitism and mysogeny by people like Felix, Matt, and Trey who thought it was hilarious that people still cared about them. The arrival of Bible-Thumping Grizzly Hunter Betsy DeVos means that teachers won't have much power to correct this behavior either. So we maybe get a a decade or two in between the death of the vbaby boomer disease and the coming of age of a group of people who will hurt others for laughs.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While folks seem to look at that aspect from a "Corrupted" point of view, I never really saw it that way. It was something that was a fundamental element of the man's perspective.
    He wasn't always like that -- especially back when he was with Digital Underground.

Like I said before -- Suge Knight and Death Row were the problem: just ask Vanilla Ice and Dr. Dre. Violence followed Knight everywhere he went, and it's no coincidence he was with Tupac the night he died.

The people you surround yourself with help to make you what you are, whether you want them to or not.

-----
    "On February 13, 1996, Shakur released his fourth solo album, All Eyez on Me. This double album was the first and second of his three-album commitment to Death Row Records. It sold more than nine million copies.

The record was a general departure from the introspective subject matter of Me Against the World, being more oriented toward a thug and gangsta mentality

Shakur continued his recordings despite increasing problems at the Death Row label. Dr. Dre left his post as in-house producer to form his own label, Aftermath. Shakur continued to produce hundreds of tracks during his time at Death Row, most of which would be released on his posthumous albums Still I Rise, Until the End of Time, Better Dayz, Loyal to the Game and Pac's Life."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupac_...th_Row_Records
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2017 at 10:28 PM.

He wasn't always like that -- especially back when he was with Digital Underground.

Like I said before -- Suge Knight and Death Row were the problem: just ask Vanilla Ice and Dr. Dre. Violence followed Knight everywhere he went, and it's no coincidence he was with Tupac the night he died.

The people you surround yourself with help to make you what you are, whether you want them to or not.
    While I would have to dig it up, I'm fairly certain that I've seen an interview with Shock G where he told a story about going over to Tupac's place only to find that an automatic weapon was on of the first things Tupac bought once Digital Underground started making money.

Ultimate Member

While I would have to dig it up, I'm fairly certain that I've seen an interview with Shock G where he told a story about going over to Tupac's place only to find that an automatic weapon was on of the first things Tupac bought once Digital Underground started making money.
    Nothing wrong with buying guns in America -- again, the problem was hanging out with people like Suge Knight.

Nothing wrong with buying guns in America -- again, the problem was hanging out with people like Suge Knight.
    They did not help.

I'm saying that a couple of different steps don't mean you aren't headed for the same outcome.

Ultimate Member

They did not help.

I'm saying that a couple of different steps don't mean you aren't headed for the same outcome.
    For someone that demands nothing but direct evidence and proof before you'll believe anything anyone else says, you sure can make some grand leaps of logic based on your own assumptions.

Short of having a time machine and being able to change the past, no one knows what might have happened to 'Pac if he hadn't signed to Death Row, and no one knows whether or not Bernie would have won the general election.

On that note, I'm going to do something more important than debate unknowns and unknowables.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2017 at 10:38 PM.

This guy never seemed to me like it was a guy who came to this point of view later.

For someone that demands nothing but direct evidence and proof before you'll believe anything anyone else says, you sure can make some grand leaps of logic based on your own assumptions.

Short of having a time machine and being able to change the past, no one knows what might have happened to 'Pac if he hadn't signed to Death Row, and no one knows whether or not Bernie would have won the general election.

On that note, I'm going to do something more important than debate unknowns and unknowables.
    Fatalism does that.

BANNED

This guy never seemed to me like it was a guy who came to this point of view later.

So you're not a dedicated sceptic, you're a contrarian. As long as there's someone with a strong opinion there ought to be someone else to counteract it. You'd make a great Republican.

Ultimate Member

Hitting real close to home here -- people need to stop pretending this isn't happening and wise up.

-----
    "Vendor Selling Swastika Shirts on USC Campus Asked to Leave"

"A vendor selling shirts featuring the swastika symbol on the University of Southern California campus was asked to leave Wednesday.

USC's campus Rabbi Dov Wagner said that students were "understandably upset" and saw students and the vendor arguing about the shirts designed with the emblem of the German Nazi Party.

The vendor was asked to leave campus because the merchandise did not meet the university's community standards. "

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...413893563.html

Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-16-2017 at 12:37 AM.

The man's words are direct evidence of his mindset. In this man's instance, I have no reason to believe they do not reflect it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IheartBatman View Post
    I have a feeling that Bernie would have campaigned in the crucial Rust Belt states, and wouldn't have had the extra baggage of emails that showed him and his team as Wall Street shills and taking money from Saudi Arabia and countries with horrible Human Rights violation, so, yeah, reality hurts when the truth slaps you in the face.
    The reality is that Bernie would have won.
    Had Bernie won the primaries, we would now react to President Trump's atrocities with "But his Sierra Blanca" instead of "But her emails! "
    Last edited by jeanvaljean; 02-15-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

"A Russian spy, a sexual predator and a billionaire walk into a bar..."

spoilers:
    Bartender says "What can I get you Mr. President?"
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-16-2017 at 12:35 AM.