Page 335 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435835 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 17378
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    *obligatory cosmic marvel jpeg.
    *adjusted slightly because piracy!

I dislike this image because I feel the "Pre-Annihilators" comics section is a mess and shouldn't even be there. If one wants to read various Silver Surfer volumes and whatnot, that's great, but I do not believe they have any kind of real or significant impact on the modern Marvel Cosmic line of stories that Giffen and DnA produced. I'm pretty sure Requiem isn't even in continuity, though it is a great story with fantastic art.

Here's a list of trades I cobbled together at one point:

Select Early Marvel Cosmic To Help Make Sense Of Infinity-Related Books
    Silver Surfer Omnibus [Not Starlin]
    Avengers vs. Thanos TPB [first half is Life of Captain Marvel, second half follows the Death of Captain Marvel found below]
    Captain Marvel: The Death of Captain Marvel HC
    Warlock by Jim Starlin: The Complete Collection TPB

Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos-centric sequels

Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus
    Infinity Gauntlet Aftermath TPB
    Infinity War TPB
    Infinity Crusade Vol 1 & 2 TPB
    Marvel Universe: The End HC (also known as Thanos: The End)
    Thanos: Redemption TPB (previously collected as Thanos: Epiphany! and Thanos: Samaritan!)

Annihilation and modern cosmic Marvel
    Annihilation Classic HC [Placed here for background info if you're interested in the history and origins of the major players]
    Annihilation Omnibus (or Annihilation HCs Vol. 1-3)
    Annihilation: Conquest Vol. 1-2 HC
    Nova HC (or Nova TPBs Vol. 1 and 2)
    Guardians of the Galaxy - Volume 1: Legacy HC
    Nova Vol. 3: Secret Invasion TPB
    Nova Vol. 4: Nova Corps TPB
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2: War of Kings - Book 1 HC
    --- OPTIONAL: X-Men: Deadly Genesis HC [Shi'ar Background]
    --- OPTIONAL: Uncanny X-Men: The Rise and Fall of the Sh'iar Empire HC [Shi'ar Background]
    --- OPTIONAL: X-Men: Emperor Vulcan TPB [Shi'ar Background]
    --- OPTIONAL: Decimation: Son of M TPB [Inhumans Background]
    --- OPTIONAL: Silent War TPB [Inhumans Background]
    Road to War of Kings TPB
    War of Kings HC
    Nova Vol. 5: War of Kings HC
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3: War of Kings - Book 2 HC
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 4: Realm of Kings HC
    Realm of Kings HC
    Nova Vol. 6: Realm of Kings TPB
    The Thanos Imperative HC
    Annihilators HC
    Annihilators: Earthfall TPB

Select Cosmic Marvel NOW
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1: Cosmic Avengers
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2: Angela
    Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3: Guardians Disassembled
    Nova, Vol. 1: Origin
    Nova, Vol. 2: Rookie Season
    Noval, Vol. 3: Rookie Corpse
    Silver Surfer, Vol. 1: New Dawn

I don't know where in continuity Thanos: The Infinity Revelation HC goes since I have not read it yet and these Marvel OGNs can fall anywhere in continuity. My guess would be after the Annihilators books if Starlin is preserving the continuity between the Thanos: Redemption trade through the modern Marvel cosmic events, since I see the Annihlators mentioned in the book's preview.
    Last edited by kodave; 09-03-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    IST is getting on my nerves. I placed an order over two weeks ago and it hasn't even shipped yet. All of the books were fairly new releases too so stock shouldn't be delaying it. I wonder if the move has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm guessing it does. I placed two separate orders within a couple days of each other during the moving sale, the second of which just arrived yesterday. I believe the moving sale announcement even mentioned that we should see faster processing/shipping times after all is said and done...?

In the past I usually received my IST packages 7 days from the order date, which is pretty damn fast for standard shipping, so I'm crossing my fingers that this move doesn't negatively effect me...

Starting from post #370 to #377 there is a similar discussion.

To summarize: 1) Yes the move had an impact on orders and it even caused one members order to get lost in the mayhem until he emailed them. 2) Possibly OOS temporarily? Did you check your order to see if each book has been "Picked & Scanned"? 3) Their distributor was/is having software issues further delaying orders.

I'm assuming anyone who has had issues already emailed them, but if you haven't definitely do so.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Where should I start with Marvel Cosmic comics? I guess Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is pretty obvious but what would be next? Don't know much about events, I know there was that thing called Annihilation and that's it really.
    Omnibus/OHC: Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus, Annihilation Omnibus, Annihilation Conquest Vol. 1 & 2, Nova Vol. 1 (series is not completed in OHC), War of Kings, Realm of Kings, Thanos Imperative, Annihilators, Infinity

TPB Collections: Guardians of the Galaxy Complete Collection Vol. 1 by Abnett And Lanning (Vol. 2 is coming out later this year), Avengers vs. Thanos, Warlock Complete Collection by Jim Starlin

Out of all of those (and there are more) I view Infinity Gauntlet and Annihilation as the "must-haves" (bolded). The rest are great, but depends on how much you want to spend and track down.

Edit: Collecting all cosmic titles can get complicated, as you can see from kodave's list.
    Last edited by PrankT; 09-03-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks for that list, kodave!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Where should I start with Marvel Cosmic comics? I guess Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus is pretty obvious but what would be next? Don't know much about events, I know there was that thing called Annihilation and that's it really.
    Infinity Gauntlet isn't really "modern" cosmic era it's more the end of the Original Cosmic Era.

If I were you
    1. Avengers vs Thanos
    2. Korvac Saga
    3. Death of Captain Marvel
    4. Avengers: Galactic Storm
    5. Infinity Gauntlet: Omnibus

Avengers vs Thanos covers all the early stuff with the Original Captain Marvel, Warlock, and Thanos

Korvac Saga is the best story with Guardians of the Galaxy and it's considered one of the greatest Avengers story of all time.

Death of Captain Marvel is a classic story, was actually written as an original graphic novel and it sort of launches modern Thanos.

Avengers: Galactic Storm This isn't a story that is often recommended but in a lot of ways this is the first Annihilation type story. It's a sprawling epic where the Avengers are caught in between a war of two galactic kingdoms.

Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus which is well-praised

Who wrote Galactic Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Who wrote Galactic Storm?
    Mark Gruenwald, Tom DeFalco, Roy Thomas, Gerard Jones, Bob Harras and Len Kaminski.

It included issues from the following series: Iron Man, Wonder Man, Avengers, Captain America. Avengers West Coast, Thor and Quasar.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    Infinity Gauntlet isn't really "modern" cosmic era it's more the end of the Original Cosmic Era.
    Doesn't matter, since I know **** about those events.

Thanks everyone for help!

EDIT:

This forum should have some kind of reputation system, when users can give '+' or '-' to other users or posts.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 09-03-2014 at 12:02 PM.

All-New Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Just did the IST/Amazon comparison and IST was only a couple of dollars more for the Deadpool Minibus and Vol 10 Walking Dead OHC to Australia than my current amazon preorder so I cancelled amazon and ordered from IST. This is the third order for me using IST international. 50% off plus their cheaper international shipping (compared to what it used to be) has made them a really alternative to amazon. A few extra dollars is worth it for pristine condition books and not having to dread how your order is going to arrive.
    Hey, can you tell us what's the cost of an international shipping with IST?

Thanks ;-)

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I don't know where in continuity Thanos: The Infinity Revelation HC goes
    The best place is the trash bin. Rubbish that one is.

BANNED

Yeah Jim Starlin's Thanos OGN was beyond terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I dislike this image because I feel the "Pre-Annihilators" comics section is a mess and shouldn't even be there. If one wants to read various Silver Surfer volumes and whatnot, that's great, but I do not believe they have any kind of real or significant impact on the modern Marvel Cosmic line of stories that Giffen and DnA produced. I'm pretty sure Requiem isn't even in continuity, though it is a great story with fantastic art.

Here's a list of trades I cobbled together at one point:

Select Early Marvel Cosmic To Help Make Sense Of Infinity-Related Books
    Silver Surfer Omnibus [Not Starlin]
    Avengers vs. Thanos TPB [first half is Life of Captain Marvel, second half follows the Death of Captain Marvel found below]
    Captain Marvel: The Death of Captain Marvel HC
    Warlock by Jim Starlin: The Complete Collection TPB

Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos-centric sequels

Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus
    Infinity Gauntlet Aftermath TPB
    Infinity War TPB
    Infinity Crusade Vol 1 & 2 TPB
    Marvel Universe: The End HC (also known as Thanos: The End)
    Thanos: Redemption TPB (previously collected as Thanos: Epiphany! and Thanos: Samaritan!)

Annihilation and modern cosmic Marvel
    Annihilation Classic HC [Placed here for background info if you're interested in the history and origins of the major players]
    Annihilation Omnibus (or Annihilation HCs Vol. 1-3)
    Annihilation: Conquest Vol. 1-2 HC
    Nova HC (or Nova TPBs Vol. 1 and 2)
    Guardians of the Galaxy - Volume 1: Legacy HC
    Nova Vol. 3: Secret Invasion TPB
    Nova Vol. 4: Nova Corps TPB
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2: War of Kings - Book 1 HC
    --- OPTIONAL: X-Men: Deadly Genesis HC [Shi'ar Background]
    --- OPTIONAL: Uncanny X-Men: The Rise and Fall of the Sh'iar Empire HC [Shi'ar Background]
    --- OPTIONAL: X-Men: Emperor Vulcan TPB [Shi'ar Background]
    --- OPTIONAL: Decimation: Son of M TPB [Inhumans Background]
    --- OPTIONAL: Silent War TPB [Inhumans Background]
    Road to War of Kings TPB
    War of Kings HC
    Nova Vol. 5: War of Kings HC
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3: War of Kings - Book 2 HC
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 4: Realm of Kings HC
    Realm of Kings HC
    Nova Vol. 6: Realm of Kings TPB
    The Thanos Imperative HC
    Annihilators HC
    Annihilators: Earthfall TPB

Select Cosmic Marvel NOW
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1: Cosmic Avengers
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2: Angela
    Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey
    Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3: Guardians Disassembled
    Nova, Vol. 1: Origin
    Nova, Vol. 2: Rookie Season
    Noval, Vol. 3: Rookie Corpse
    Silver Surfer, Vol. 1: New Dawn

I don't know where in continuity Thanos: The Infinity Revelation HC goes since I have not read it yet and these Marvel OGNs can fall anywhere in continuity. My guess would be after the Annihilators books if Starlin is preserving the continuity between the Thanos: Redemption trade through the modern Marvel cosmic events, since I see the Annihlators mentioned in the book's preview.
    Fantastic List, a lot of users have asked about a cosmic reading list and this is quite good. Add in Infinity and it would be complete. I will link this in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by samoth View Post
    Hey, can you tell us what's the cost of an international shipping with IST?

Thanks ;-)
    It varies greatly depending on what you are ordering, add items to your cart and get the shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale View Post
    I've been considering buying the x-men and uncanny x-men masterworks in paperback but the uncanny x-men masterworks TPB haven't been updated since 2012. Have they been discontinued?

There would be nothing more annoying than if I started collecting and then had to buy other editions to get the complete run.
    They have not, but bear in mind the TPB Masterworks are released in the exact same order the hardcovers were, and it's my understanding 'Uncanny X-Men' hasn't been a line that has moved particularly fast, especially in later years.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    IST is getting on my nerves. I placed an order over two weeks ago and it hasn't even shipped yet. All of the books were fairly new releases too so stock shouldn't be delaying it. I wonder if the move has anything to do with it.
    I had that same trouble with several orders before they moved. Last week, I placed my first order since the move and now it looks like it might take the post office just as long or longer to deliver from Tennesee as it does for them to deliver my CGN orders from California......annoying. I hope it's only a holiday weekend anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    They have not, but bear in mind the TPB Masterworks are released in the exact same order the hardcovers were, and it's my understanding 'Uncanny X-Men' hasn't been a line that has moved particularly fast, especially in later years.
    Really? I think hardcover numbers suggest it does as well or better than the average masterwork.