Page 597 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 974975475875935945955965975985996006016076476971097 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 17378

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I wouldn't mind Marvel bringing out a Civil War slipcase set. OHC mind you, definitely not PHC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    They already did make the 7 OHC.
    They sure did! And if you want an apt slipcase for them, might I suggest a Hefty Lawn and Garden bag and a handful of Avengers stickers.

Whoops, wrong thread.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    So I'm halfway+ through the Infinity Gauntlet Omni, having just finished the Inifinity Gauntlet series itself.

And I enjoyed it so far. I was a bit down after having purchased it this summer when a bunch of negative reviews started coming through in this thread. I started regretting buying something I'd never read before and not sure I'd even like it, but I'm glad I did and that I got it before I read those comments.

I did notice though while reading it that the spine looks like this:
    Attachment 14448

I know my X-Statix spine got kind of destroyed having read it, but is this how omni spines are supposed to look? Won't they fray & crease in the middle from such strain?
    Thats normal. It's how the book is able to lay flat.

On the old cover stock it didn't really cause problems. On the printed covers I can see creases becoming an issue.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    They sure did! And if you want an apt slipcase for them, might I suggest a Hefty Lawn and Garden bag and a handful of Avengers stickers.
    Hahaha.best.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Has there been any information released as to what the contents of the Spider-Man Complete Alien Costume Saga 2 will be?
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    They already did make the 7 OHC.
    Yep, I'm very much aware of that. As you probably know yourself, getting hold of the Spider-Man, Frontline and Underside OHCs at a decent price is a pain. What with Civil War being incorporated into the next Captain America movie and 2015 planning to be a Marvel "event year", it would be cool for Marvel to either reissue the OHCs or bring out a set which I would be pretty keen on purchasing. I only have the event OHC so I could always give that away as a gift to a friend.

Civil War would be perfect for one of these multi-volume slipcase sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Has there been any information released as to what the contents of the Spider-Man Complete Alien Costume Saga 2 will be?
    Not yet, but I bet it includes some of the ASM contents of the Ghosts of the Past Epic Collection, plus some M:TU and PP:SM added for completion's sake.
    And I would expect the remaining ASM contents of the aforementioned Epic to be covered (and then some) in the eventual Complete Alien Costume Saga Book 3.

My actual question is how many Alien Costume books there will be...

I guess what wonder is this: is it basically a series containi g the black costume era, ending with ASM 300, when Peter goes back to the red and blue? I know nothing about any trades collecting issues of this period but as a person ho does buy older back issues, this is an era I want to read more from.

That's what I assume, it'll be a series of books that will collect all the "Amazing", "Spectacular" and "Web of Spider-Man" issues between Secret Wars and the return to the red and blues. I'd estimate it could be collected in 5 or 6 books total.

The collected issues from this era that I know have been published are:

Complete Alien Costume Saga Book 1 (ASM #252-259, SSM #90-95)
    Ghosts of the Past Epic Collection (ASM #260-272)
    Secret Wars II Omnibus (ASM #273-274, WoSM #6)
    Spider-Man vs. Silver Sable (ASM #279-281)
    The Wedding (ASM #290-292)
    Kraven's Last Hunt (ASM #293-294, SSM #131-132, WoSM #31-32)
    Life in the Mad Dog Ward (WoSM #33, ASM #295, SSM #133)
    Amazing Spider-Man by Michelinie and McFarlane omnibus (#296-329 -far beyond the return to the classic costume-)

There could also be some Marvel Team-Up issues or Spidey cameos in other titles that I'm not listing.
    So this Complete Alien Costume Saga line might be intended to cover all of this era, plus the gaps that have not been collected elsewhere.

So I haven't been on here for about 2-3 months and looking at the first page I didn't miss much.

I just got Spider-Man Back in Black OHC for $17 shipped from MCS, pretty sweet deal! Now I'm pretty sure I have all the Spidey HCs I want.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yep, I'm very much aware of that. As you probably know yourself, getting hold of the Spider-Man, Frontline and Underside OHCs at a decent price is a pain. What with Civil War being incorporated into the next Captain America movie and 2015 planning to be a Marvel "event year", it would be cool for Marvel to either reissue the OHCs or bring out a set which I would be pretty keen on purchasing. I only have the event OHC so I could always give that away as a gift to a friend.
    Underside is a turd! I thought it was going to be great. I couldn't wait to put it back on Ebay.
    Sorry, had to chime in on that book.The rest weren't too bad.
    In the end I kept Civil War, Front Line and Spider-Man, and sold the rest.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just got DD MMW vol.7---didn't know Marvel had once again altered the spine dress!
    I'm sure it was discussed somewhere but since DD is the only MMW series I get and am just playing catch up I'm just noticing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Which Star Wars omnibus to get? The one with dust cover being a re-rendering of the original art? Or the Greg Hildebrandt painting on the dust cover?

Incredible Member

For those curious, for the month of November:

Omnibus
    Fantastic Four By Hickman Omnibus HC Vol. 2 (at $125) moved 1,059 direct market units.
    Marvel 75th Anniversary Omnibus HC - 759

Oversized Hardcover
    Thor God of Thunder HC Vol. 1 - 1,550
    Original Sin HC (at $75) - 496 (after moving 3,220 units in October)

Large TPB
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett and Lanning Complete Coll Vol. 2 - 3,898
    Silver Surfer Epic Collection When Calls Galactus - 1,664
    Runaways Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 1,543
    Avengers Epic Collection Earths Mightiest Heroes - 1,381
    Captain America Epic Collection Captain Lives Again - 1,256
    Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Coll Vol. 1 - 1,127
    Wolverine By Aaron Complete Collection Vol. 4 - 866

The second Hickman FF managed to hit it's mark, I would wager. Depending on the print run size, that Marvel 75th Omni might hit the clearance racks eventually like all of these hodge podge Omnibuses seem to do (Marvel NOW, etc.). Crappy event OHCs continue to sell extremely well. Thor GOT OHC sold well so we should definitely see that get a Vol. 2 if not an Omnibus too if they go the Hawkeye route on it. I don't know if those Epic collection numbers are any good. I think they overprinted the first ones they released because they all hit clearance recently. Great numbers as usual on the DnA GOTG Complete Collection. Maybe Marvel will cave and give us an OHC or Omni verson of that in the future.