Page 158 of 207 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Deadline seems to have their prediction for Dark Phoenix in weekend 2:

Fox/Disney’s Dark Phoenix is dropping from the sky in weekend 2 with $7.6M in 6th, -77% with a 10-day total of $50.3M.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/men-in-...ce-1202632705/
    Just like King of The Monsters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Just like King of The Monsters.
    About 10% worse actually.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    There seems to a growing consensus that an extended cut of this movie is worth seeing. I loved what I saw in the theater, but it definitely left me wanting more. There were scenes in the trailers that clearly got cut. Some of those scenes could've really added weight to certain moments. I hope we get to see that. And if we do, I submit that the extended cut be called "Dark Phoenix Reborn."
    Can you just imagine....if in the Director's edition, at the very end....the show more of the Phoenix Raptor...it flys in space and then lands on some planet....and then Jean reforms her human body...aliens come out cheering and greetings her....cut to black!!!!!

Truly a "Dark Phoenix Reborn"!!

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    About 10% worse actually.
    I know. I mean it’s pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    It's highly unlikely it's a full hour of usable footage. And what does exist may be disjointed with what you saw.

I understand the desire to see it, what I don't understand is the optimism about it.
    Vahn seems to think that much of it is usable.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-14-2019 at 02:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I know. I mean it’s pretty bad.

Vahn seems to think that much of it is usable.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but he's basing that off of screen tests from quite some time ago....right? And prior to reshoots?

june box office cursed
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

John Ottman Scrip Bestia Nicholas Hoult Film

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/si...20Beast%20.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    june box office cursed
    There are other factors.

Months ago after the second trailer released it The Hollywood Reporter reported that most of the marketing team lost their jobs and they were not at where they were suppose to be. Such explains why the movie was not promoted that much before Disney bought Fox two months before release.

Kinberg in a recent podcast confirmed this. He also accepts the blame for the movie not connecting with audiences that didn’t see it or who had saw it. And despite there being some serious production issues there have been films that worked out well.

https://www.kcrw.com/culture/shows/t...f-dark-phoenix

“Not connecting with audiences”?

Kinberg was on to something important with Famke, and by the time we got to Sophie, he’d heard from way too many fanboys. There’s a story to tell, and it’s NOT with Jean being schizophrenic and weak.

Dump the Phoenix story and move on. They'll need to take a looking break. Let's see the Astonishing X-men

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Dump the Phoenix story and move on. They'll need to take a looking break. Let's see the Astonishing X-men
    Oh yeah, those whisker aliens really get to the core of the franchise....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Dark Phoenix: some considerations

1- "Dark Phoenix" features the third alien element in the saga (D'Bari). Adamantium comes from an alien substance extrapolated from a meteor, and Apocalypse's special armour and body-swapping equipment/base is obviously alien (Celestial?).

2- In the original timeline(s), the Cosmic Force was orbitating around Earth in 1992, but the "Endeavour" shuttle wasn't there, as well as the X-Men (more specifically, Jean Grey). So presumibly, the Force ignored Earth and kept travelling across galaxies as always. D'Bari people followed it... elsewhere.

3- Hank uses a different (new) serum, because he can convert into Beast without getting "angry", as evinced before the train fight.

4- Mystique is the third X-Man to die in the final timeline, after Banshee and Havok.

5- Vuk must be a "mutant" D'Bari and not a normal D'Bari, because she managed to handle the Force and absorb it from Jean.

6- The helmet Magnet uses is the original one from "First Class", apparently.

7- DP Selene resembles LS Callisto a lot.

8- Beast is the first X-Man to join the Brotherhood of Mutants.

9- The Mutant Containment Camp must have been existing BEFORE the events of "Dark Phoenix". This means that humans STILL secretly feared mutants, despite the X-Men had become national heroes.

LOL
    Astonished only works in comics with continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    LOL
    Astonished only works in comics with continuity.
    It works. Unlike the DPS which we have seen twice
    The astonishing team has the right tone to interact with the mcu. After all it was the team that was used to integrate the franchise with the Avengers. The relationship between the Avengers and the X-Men should be adversarial

Also the Astonishing team has the right balance between humour and angst whilst the dps team is just angst
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-15-2019 at 04:55 PM.

It works. Unlike the DPS which we have seen twice
    The astonishing team has the right tone to interact with the mcu. After all it was the team that was used to integrate the franchise with the Avengers. The relationship between the Avengers and the X-Men should be adversarial

Also the Astonishing team has the right balance between humour and angst whilst the dps team is just angst
    It doesn't work. it is even worse than DPS tha tthe problem is build up. Go with the all straight white Whedon team LOL Nobody cares about these characters