Page 192 of 228 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3417

I think we're definitely going to see The Avengers Trinity retire to some extent after post-Avengers 4, though whether that involves them stepping down into less active roles or actual deaths remains to be seen.

But Thanos is probably going to take out at least one named character, even if we won't see the slaughter that was the original Infinity Gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I don’t know if this question has already come up in this thread but, which Avengers do guys think might bite the dust in Infinity War?
    I hope it will be Tony Stark. I think RDJ is just about done with playing the character -- he's been Tony Stark for 10 years now. If you include Spider-Man: Homecoming (but not cameos like at the end of Incredible Hulk), he'll have played Tony Stark eight times. That's more times than Roger Moore played James Bond. I also think Tony's death would have the greatest impact on the MCU and shake things up the most.

Of course, Steve Rogers could die. I think that would be less impactful than Tony Stark dying though -- Steve Rogers dying doesn't put Stark Industries into play, for example. Nor does it bring the funding of the Avengers into question. Both characters could get a Big Damn Hero Moment out of heroic sacrifice to beat Thanos, but I think the smart play is killing Tony off for the story opportunities it creates. Right now, status quo in the MCU is: Tony Stark is the leader and finacier of the Avengers. Steve Rogers is a rogue vigilante operating outside of international law.

If Steve dies and Tony lives, then very little changes. The Good Soldier fell on the battlefield, a honorable death in service, redeeming him in the eyes of the public. The Avengers continue on, lead by Tony Stark, with Tony Stark's money paying their bills. Other than giving Steve a unneeded redemption arc (does anyone in the audience think Steve requires redemption? Are we not all pretty much in agreement that Steve was right and Tony was wrong?), this serves little purpose. If Tony dies and Steve lives, everything changes. In a time of crises The Avengers have no official leader and their default leader, Steve, is an international criminal. The Avengers funding is now entirely dependent on Pepper Potts a) willingness to foot the bills and b) ability to maintain her position as CEO of Stark Industries (the odds of the Board of Directors seeking new leadership seems high, given the broad perception that Potts is just an appendage of Tony Stark).

That said:

CHARACTER ODDS OF SURVIVING THANOS
    Tony Stark (Iron Man) 1:200
    Steve Rogers (Captain America) 1:50
    Bruce Banner (The Hulk) 100:1
    Thor Odinson 100:1
    Natasha Romanov (Black Widow) 10:1
    Clint Barton (Hawkeye) 5:1
    James Rhodes (War Machine) 5:1
    Sam Wilson (The Falcon) 10:1
    Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) 100:1
    The Vision 10,000:1
    James Barnes (The Winter Soldier) 100:1
    Scott Lang (Ant-Man) 500:1
    Peter Parker (Spider-Man) 1,000,000,000:1
    T'Challa (Black Panther) 1,000,000:1
    Shuri 1,000,000:1
    Any Named Dore Milaje 1:5
    M'Baku 1:100
    Gamora 100:1
    Rocket Raccoon 100:1
    Groot 1,000:1
    Drax (the Destroyer) 1:4
    Mantis 100:1
    Nebula 1:1

DW6-AlRWAAAqd1j.jpg

See Iron Man's new armor in this picture. Look at how his arm is opening up to be a cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    DW6-AlRWAAAqd1j.jpg

See Iron Man's new armor in this picture. Look at how his arm is opening up to be a cannon.
    I wonder if that's a color misprint on Black Widow's costume, or if she's really going with a green outfit. Weird.

I also will never be able to look at Cap's new shield without going "No, wrong." Why wouldn't they make him a new round shield? How is he supposed to bounce that thing? It better not shoot energy beams. I got no patience for that.

Iron Man's weird wing things totally make me think of The Beetle. I doubt Tony is even in that suit.

EDIT: Apparently Black Widow's Infinity War costume is, in fact, green.

widow.jpg

Weird, totally not a color scheme I'd expect with Widow. It's very Madame Hydra.
    Last edited by AmazingSpiderFan; 02-25-2018 at 10:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingSpiderFan View Post
    Apparently Black Widow's Infinity War costume is, in fact, green.

widow.jpg

Weird, totally not a color scheme I'd expect with Widow. It's very Madame Hydra.
    Black Widow is a wanted criminal. I think she does not particularly wants to look like Black Widow at the moment.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I could see Banner going. No clue where his character can really go at this point.

BANNED

Hey, guys, look at this.

Mark Hamill and James Gunn to Talk About Possible Role in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...edium=referral

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingSpiderFan View Post
    I hope it will be Tony Stark. I think RDJ is just about done with playing the character -- he's been Tony Stark for 10 years now. If you include Spider-Man: Homecoming (but not cameos like at the end of Incredible Hulk), he'll have played Tony Stark eight times. That's more times than Roger Moore played James Bond. I also think Tony's death would have the greatest impact on the MCU and shake things up the most.

Of course, Steve Rogers could die. I think that would be less impactful than Tony Stark dying though -- Steve Rogers dying doesn't put Stark Industries into play, for example. Nor does it bring the funding of the Avengers into question. Both characters could get a Big Damn Hero Moment out of heroic sacrifice to beat Thanos, but I think the smart play is killing Tony off for the story opportunities it creates. Right now, status quo in the MCU is: Tony Stark is the leader and finacier of the Avengers. Steve Rogers is a rogue vigilante operating outside of international law.

If Steve dies and Tony lives, then very little changes. The Good Soldier fell on the battlefield, a honorable death in service, redeeming him in the eyes of the public. The Avengers continue on, lead by Tony Stark, with Tony Stark's money paying their bills. Other than giving Steve a unneeded redemption arc (does anyone in the audience think Steve requires redemption? Are we not all pretty much in agreement that Steve was right and Tony was wrong?), this serves little purpose. If Tony dies and Steve lives, everything changes. In a time of crises The Avengers have no official leader and their default leader, Steve, is an international criminal. The Avengers funding is now entirely dependent on Pepper Potts a) willingness to foot the bills and b) ability to maintain her position as CEO of Stark Industries (the odds of the Board of Directors seeking new leadership seems high, given the broad perception that Potts is just an appendage of Tony Stark).

That said:

CHARACTER ODDS OF SURVIVING THANOS
    Tony Stark (Iron Man) 1:200
    Steve Rogers (Captain America) 1:50
    Bruce Banner (The Hulk) 100:1
    Thor Odinson 100:1
    Natasha Romanov (Black Widow) 10:1
    Clint Barton (Hawkeye) 5:1
    James Rhodes (War Machine) 5:1
    Sam Wilson (The Falcon) 10:1
    Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch) 100:1
    The Vision 10,000:1
    James Barnes (The Winter Soldier) 100:1
    Scott Lang (Ant-Man) 500:1
    Peter Parker (Spider-Man) 1,000,000,000:1
    T'Challa (Black Panther) 1,000,000:1
    Shuri 1,000,000:1
    Any Named Dore Milaje 1:5
    M'Baku 1:100
    Gamora 100:1
    Rocket Raccoon 100:1
    Groot 1,000:1
    Drax (the Destroyer) 1:4
    Mantis 100:1
    Nebula 1:1

are these baed on anything?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's just copying the old stories. Which have themes ("Cold War paranoia, fear of radiation, etc.") that stopped being relevant before half the audience was born.
    You don't have to literally have the Gamma Bomb test in the desert, of course. It could be an underground test of gamma radiation, searching for a new power source as opposed a weapon. It could still take place UNDER the desert, in New Mexico, and not be tied to the Super Solider Serum which is rather lame, not only taking away from the Hulk's mythos, but de-uniquing Cap in the process. That wouldn't have been hard to implement at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Hey, guys, look at this.

Mark Hamill and James Gunn to Talk About Possible Role in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3'

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...edium=referral
    I'd love to see Hamill in GOTG3 and now I would not be surprised to see it happen.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I'm trying to reorder the MCU films for my personal viewing experience. Anyone got any suggestions?

Captain America: The First Avenger
    Iron Man I
    Iron Man II
    Incredible Hulk
    Thor
    The Avengers
    Thor: The Dark World
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Guardians of the Galaxy II
    Iron Man III
    Captain America: The Winter Solider
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Ant-Man
    Captain America: Civil War
    Black Panther
    Spider-Man Homecoming
    Doctor Strange
    Thor: Ragnorak
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Incredible Member

Someday I will make a Timeline cut of all of the movies when Avengers 4 comes out.

tumblr_p4u3weozbV1tgtdrfo1_540.jpg

MCU banner

Here is a Youtube analysis of Avengers Infinity War Prelude #2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dha...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Witchfan; 02-28-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post

Someday I will make a Timeline cut of all of the movies when Avengers 4 comes out.
    I dunno if this is precisely what you mean, but I'd love to see a "movie" that takes everything in order, including flashbacks, credit scenes, etc., and puts them where they belong in the timeline.

I've seen some Youtube channels that take clips from each movie (or show) and puts them in place, but I'd like to see someone try it in a way that creates a full narrative on its own (if that's even possible) instead of just some random moments.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.