Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yojimbo View Post

Carol Danvers is on the way to become the permanent replacement of Captain Marvel.
    Or at least until either the film bombs or Marvel decides to replace her with the current Ms Marvel.

I think Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel will be the most successful passing of that torch. That title is not going to change again imo.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Or at least until either the film bombs or Marvel decides to replace her with the current Ms Marvel.
    Well also the current Ms. Marvel could disappear as a character. Actually I think Ms. Marvel could easily be dropped once G. Willow Wilson will stop writing her series.

Is this G.Willow Wilson someone famous in the literary world?

She is pretty acclaimed (not as acclaimed as Ta Nehisi Coates who will be writing Black Panther though). However, I think yojimbo is referring to the fact that she is the major reason Kamala Khan has broken out as a character and her title is sustaining its quality.

Having said that, I don't see her leaving any time soon, now that she is writing A-Force as well. Kamala is safe as long as Sana Amanat is working for Marvel as well. They may actually hire another Muslim or South Asian origin writer for Ms. Marvel even if Wilson leaves. And like Jessica Jones, they would have introduced her in other media adaptations even if her solo stops publishing. This is one of the few characters who I think is here to stay for some time.

Now Spider-Gwen on the other hand.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-01-2015 at 04:57 AM.

iMan 42s

Scarlet spider- Kaine being the current Scarlet spider and taking over for Ben Reilly.
    Captain Marvel- This one doesn't look to be going anywhere any time soon.
    Flash Thompson as Venom
    Black Knight but he took over for the previous one who was a villain
    Scott Lang as Ant man

Dependent on what you identify as a replacement, Vision and Human Torch count as well taking over the name from another hero despite no correlation between them and the previous.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Very instructive readings. Really educative. My thanks to the OG OP !

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Wally West then is the only real replacement that I can think of that has been successful...even though now, it is like he don't exist anymore.
    This hurts my heart so. *sniffle*
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yojimbo View Post
    Scott Lang is by far the most successful replacement hero of Marvel. He isn't a strong replacement as Sam Wilson as Cap or Wally West as Flash, but Scott is Ant-Man for good now. There is no way Pym is getting back to that title (and if I'm not mistaken he hasn't been Ant-Man in decades) and Scott has never had another alias besides Ant-Man.

Carol Danvers is on the way to become the permanent replacement of Captain Marvel.
    I agree that Scott is one-of-if-not-the most successful legacy characters, but can you really consider him a "replacement?" To elaborate, Odinson was active as Thor and still popular up until he became unworthy and was subsequently replaced by Jane Foster. In other words, Odinson was Thor up until Jane Foster replaced him and became Thor. Sure, Hank Pym started out as Ant-Man, but he became Giant-Man in Avengers #2 and never looked back. Outside of Avengers #1 and Tales to Astonish, the only appearance I know of Hank as Ant-Man is when Ultron erased his memories and he forgot he wasn't Ant-Man anymore. Scott really just took up a mantle that had not been seriously used in years, and while he is certainly a legacy character, I don't really see him as replacing Hank Pym in the same way other heroes are being replaced presently.

Wasn't there another Ant Man that came after Lang and was an Avenger for a time? Is he considered a replacement for Lang or Pym?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Wasn't there another Ant Man that came after Lang and was an Avenger for a time? Is he considered a replacement for Lang or Pym?
    O'Grady... but he died.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Hmm... I guess that was one replacement that didn't work out for the long haul. Still people who considered Lang as one of the most successful long time replacements must also remember he was actually killed off as well at one point and was dead for quite a few years.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Hmm... I guess that was one replacement that didn't work out for the long haul. Still people who considered Lang as one of the most successful long time replacements must also remember he was actually killed off as well at one point and was dead for quite a few years.
    Well, Lang was Ant-Man for decades before he was killed.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Funny I had forgot about this; but what about Danny Ketch?

He actually had more issues in his run than Johnny Blaze did....(kinda like Wally).
    Last edited by Mantis Girl 94; 12-01-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Boisterously Confused

I'm
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    She is pretty acclaimed (not as acclaimed as Ta Nehisi Coates who will be writing Black Panther though). However, I think yojimbo is referring to the fact that she is the major reason Kamala Khan has broken out as a character and her title is sustaining its quality.

Having said that, I don't see her leaving any time soon, now that she is writing A-Force as well. Kamala is safe as long as Sana Amanat is working for Marvel as well. They may actually hire another Muslim or South Asian origin writer for Ms. Marvel even if Wilson leaves. And like Jessica Jones, they would have introduced her in other media adaptations even if her solo stops publishing. This is one of the few characters who I think is here to stay for some time.

Now Spider-Gwen on the other hand.
    It wouldn't be the first time a character foundered after their creator left (both Dr. Strange and Metamorpho nose dived). Don't want to see it for Ms. Marvel, but it's not unheard of.