Page 904 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 404804854894900901902903904905906907908914954100414041904 ... LastLast
Results 13,546 to 13,560 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah in the Arizona rally he told the supporters he would be fine. As president he just call people like “big energy” and get money.

People, Trump does lobby shot as president, admitted to it, caught on crime and they cheered thinking a president can do that.

No, you don’t. As president the law does not work for you and your not above the law. Oh are to do a job yes. Yet he apparently does not know what the **** that is.
    He said he called Exxon and they said "How much do you need?" Exxon has said that is a total lie and he never called. Big surprise.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I have been having a back and forth with some Trump supporters on Facebook about the children, And yeah, they are cheering Trump on, blaming Obama and saying the missing parents are at fault. As I said cruel and heartless all.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He said he called Exxon and they said "How much do you need?" Exxon has said that is a total lie and he never called. Big surprise.
    Good. On either case it proves him a liar.

It we already know that.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    For a peak at what the future will look like for the GOP...

This is what the electoral map would look like if voting was done by people 18-35 right now (and the GOP's actions continue to alienate them more from their politics every day):

Between 21 and 51 electoral votes is all they could potentially muster.

Hopefully. Would prove Trump correct in something in changing America, making it so the people actively seek out to weed out corrupted gop cults.

Fantastic Member

Huh,according to the Independent, Several Polls suggest that Trump's appeal to White Voters specifically has lessened due to a combination of more registered voters becoming college educated and the shrinking of the uneducated whites by four percent. Meanwhile nearly half the population (49%) think he should be charged for criminal acts. Well, that's ironic.

Graham violated Senate rules in doing this. But rules are only for Democrats.
    Given that Democrats have a better than even chance of controlling the White House and Congress, I don't think they want to give the minority party tools to place further procedural hurdles.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    NPR reporter this morning nearly 350 migrant children are lost in the system. Literally gone with no trail as to where they are.

But hey, y’know Hunter Biden or whatever.
    It seems you're thinking of a slightly different story.

The parents of 545 migrant children are hard to get a hold of, although the majority are believed to have returned to their countries of origin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/u...sultPosition=1
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Given that Democrats have a better than even chance of controlling the White House and Congress, I don't think they want to give the minority party tools to place further procedural hurdles.

The parents of 545 migrant children are hard to get a hold of, although the majority are believed to have returned to their countries of origin.

Still tragic and horrible though.

As for that map. I wonder if this comes full circle and the Democrats wind up reuniting with the saner members of the Republicans.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-22-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    These are the rules as presently set up, by your f*^king Party, that they then violates. Your defense of this power grab is so telling.

They are not socks lost in the laundry, they are children for whom the Trump Administration did NOTHING to ensure they might get reunited with their parents. They lost or never filed any paper work on them, and when a Federal Judge ordered them to reunite these children, they refused to help. Their stated order was to separate the children "NO MATTER HOW YOUNG"! You are nonchalant about babies being ripped from their mothers and then keeping the children as you send the parents away without them, forcing them to go without their children. How are you not alarmed and angered by this?
    "Hard to get hold of" give me a break, that is such a week response to toddlers being with out their parents for years.

It is clear you don't like Trump personally, but it doesn't look like you have any problem with his cruel and inhuman policies. You fit with the modern Republicans just fine.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-22-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Still tragic and horrible though.

As for that map. I wonder if this comes full circle and the Democrats wind up reuniting with the saner members of the Republicans.
    I think saner Republicans left the Party a while ago. Outside of a few blue State GOP Governors, I don't see any in office.

Fantastic Member

I think saner Republicans left the Party a while ago. Outside of a few blue State GOP Governors, I don't see any in office.
    There was the Utah candidate who did that ad with his opponent to show they could work together.

Fantastic Member

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/t...-b1233172.html

Trump's trying to do what he did to Hilary Clinton to rattle Biden. Though it is clear Biden expected the Hunter attack route.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-22-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    There was the Utah candidate who did that ad with his opponent to show they could work together.
    That was pretty nice.

It isn't going to work all the time. You won't always have people who agree that their opponent is a decent person.

Both people also benefit. The Republican is ahead by a lot, and about to become Governor of an easy to manage state at 45. He also defeated Huntsman in the primary, so this is a way to make sure he isn't branded as abrasively conservative. The Democrat is a lawyer who worked in the Obama administration who is now positioned for a better job in the Biden administration.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This article points to something interesting that is pertinent to our conversation:

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/215...mpression=true

The theory: Trump and his campaign are so enmeshed in online conspiracy and conservative media culture it's now impossible for them to communicate with people outside that bubble. Their talking points only make sense if you are a dedicated consumer of conservative media, and to the other 60% of people it just sounds like nonsense (which, if I may be so bold, it is).