Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Very GOT-ish.

I'm still trying to figure out when this would take place. Is this our first post-Death Metal glimpse? Or is this part of the janky "before" timeline at which case would this story even matter?

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out when this would take place. Is this our first post-Death Metal glimpse? Or is this part of the janky "before" timeline at which case would this story even matter?
    Feels like a filler event akin to Convergence for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Very GOT-ish.
    I wonder if it will be a fantasy-based threat or if this will actually be a nuclear winter? (the beasts trapped in the ice seem to indicate more fantasy, but y'never know...)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    hopefully this means we are getting closer to a official announcement, sad it may star Batman.

If it's in December they'll have to tell us by at least the next solicitations.

Extraordinary Member

I'm betting like most of DC's events, this will only seem endless. In reality, given missed deadlines and the like, I expect it to only take one to three years to complete, while derailing the whole DCU in the meantime, and ultimately accomplishing nothing.

It's weird we see Batman and Wonder Woman, but not Superman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird we see Batman and Wonder Woman, but not Superman.
    Looking at Fandome and how they didn't even mention Man of Tomorrow coming out (it was marketed at IGN away from everyone's eyes), maybe that's the direction they want to focus on for now. I guess they're committed to a trinity of two strong IP and one that's just for merchandise?

Who knows, maybe he rolls out next.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Looking at Fandome and how they didn't even mention Man of Tomorrow coming out (it was marketed at IGN away from everyone's eyes), maybe that's the direction they want to focus on for now. I guess they're committed to a trinity of two strong IP and one that's just for merchandise?

They moved all the animation stuff to September so I don’t think there was a place for them to mention it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I didn't even know that Man of Tomorrow isn't part of Fandome. I didn't watch Fandome but the trailers on Youtube.
    So the media synergy means Superman is an intimidating dark figure in black costume and eye lazors?
    They're still doing that as their definition of a cool Superman?

They moved all the animation stuff to September so I don’t think there was a place for them to mention it.
    I agree, but since it's their only Superman content other than the TV show (and they had Arrowverse stuff anyway), I felt that presence should have been there.

I get holding Superman & Lois off, it's one of their big TV announcements, but they held MOT off for the next day on some other network's stream and bumped some TV panels to the main event despite the TV stream next month. Weird flex, not sure I get it.

I agree, but since it's their only Superman content other than the TV show (and they had Arrowverse stuff anyway), I felt that presence should have been there.

I get holding Superman & Lois off, it's one of their big TV announcements, but they held MOT off for the next day on some other network's stream and bumped some TV panels to the main event despite the TV stream next month. Weird flex, not sure I get it.
    Maybe the movie release kind of forced their hand there, as well as needing to announce the 2021 slate, and it wouldn't have fit with the live-action and video game focus of that day of FanDome.

Maybe the movie release kind of forced their hand there, as well as needing to announce the 2021 slate, and it wouldn't have fit with the live-action and video game focus of that day of FanDome.
    That's a fair point. The TV stuff advertised was live-action. I'll give you that.

Just wish they chose to do the TV stuff Sunday instead of waiting nearly a month when the momentum will have died down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It would be cool if this story focuses on virtually all of DC's cold/ice-themed characters such as:

Blue Snowman
    Captain Cold
    Coldsnap
    Endless Winter
    Ice
    Ice Maiden
    Icicle
    Kiler Frost
    Minister Blizzard
    Mr. Freeze
    Yeah right....DC is allergic to using those characters in events.