Page 238 of 239 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I'm not sure it is OOC for Barry any more. It's not like it matters, Wally is a monster to the hero community right now and literally no one has ever talked about it since it happened. The Flash even made a passing remark about how they don't talk about it. The most damning thing they've done to the character and then they just act like it doesn't matter at all.
    I think it was OOC in the context of Williamson's Barry up to that point, but maybe if we're going for how he went to redefine Barry's character I guess it does make sense.

I mean, can you blame Williamson for not wanting to deal with that mess?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Of course not. He’s the titular character and protagonist of the comic book titled The Flash. That’s the real world consideration.
    It literally happens in the TITANS book, dude. That's the only two comics Wally was a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Wally West’s superhero name is The Flash.

When there is a comic with two or more characters named Flash, then it becomes an issue of readability, accessibility, clarity. We can see this in the current Flash arc, where within the dialogue Barry is called Flash and Avery is called Avery. The civilians of the DC Universe would know her as Flash. That is her superhero name. But in this particular story it would make for awkward reading to not make a distinction between the two characters.

This is an inherent problem in having multiple characters with the same name co-existing.
    Did you read Marvel's Incoming one-shot? During a rescue mission, Miles and Peter call each other Spider-Man. It's not a problem there. The problem with Avery's codename should only happen when it's Wallace, Kid Flash, speaking. Barry and Avery calling each other Flash shouldn't be an issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did you read Marvel's Incoming one-shot? During a rescue mission, Miles and Peter call each other Spider-Man. It's not a problem there. The problem with Avery's codename should only happen when it's Wallace, Kid Flash, speaking. Barry and Avery calling each other Flash shouldn't be an issue.
    Double codenames work the farther away the two heroes are from each other in my opinion. I think two characters with the same codename referring to themselves that way would get old pretty quick.

Well, Avery was introduced in Flash but didn't take the name until she joined the Justice League of China in the New Super-Man book... which makes me wonder if Williamson originally meant for her to have a different name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was OOC in the context of Williamson's Barry up to that point, but maybe if we're going for how he went to redefine Barry's character I guess it does make sense.

I mean, can you blame Williamson for not wanting to deal with that mess?
    Honestly, yeah. Whenever it comes to the Flash family. He should be more like the lighter version of the Batman family, minus the messed up parental situation.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Flash War highlighted everything I find wrong currently with the book.
    Wally and Barry fighting each other is just ridiculous. Arguing over who is faster is even STUPIDER. (Me speak good english proper)
    Hunter fighting Barry is a damn travesty as I think the character is so intrinsically linked to Wally. (As Eobard is to Barry)
    Barry isn't a rookie. Writing him as one is a disservice to the character as he's been around forever and if the Crisis happened in continuity also makes ZERO sense.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Wally and Barry fighting each other is just ridiculous. Arguing over who is faster is even STUPIDER. (Me speak good english proper)
    Hunter fighting Barry is a damn travesty as I think the character is so intrinsically linked to Wally. (As Eobard is to Barry)
    Barry isn't a rookie. Writing him as one is a disservice to the character as he's been around forever and if the Crisis happened in continuity also makes ZERO sense.
    Agree with all of this.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I would have liked Flash War so much more if it were The Flashes vs The Reverse Flashes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I would have liked Flash War so much more if it were The Flashes vs The Reverse Flashes instead.
    I'm kind of amazed they haven't done this yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of amazed they haven't done this yet.
    They did with Rogue War. That was kind of the point of it being Johns' swan song on The Flash (before he came back to mess everything up).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    im okay with wally fighting with barry given how condescending barry and the league were to wally and the titans. my problem with it is how they portrayed wally as being wrong for being angry.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I dont mind Wally and Barry disagreeing. But it should be a rare occurrence and out of the norm. It should be a novelty and might even be interesting to see the contrast between the two.

But the problem is is that we haven't really seen Wally and Barry interact in general let alone have adventures together and get along to establish their classic good relationship

So them fighting seems like the norm and is not balanced by their great relationship which should be the default between the two.

I definitely would want to see Wally and Barry team up against the Reverses. It should have been done before we saw Wally and Barry have a war with each other when they barely interacted until then.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I might have liked things better when Wally didn't exist. I'm more unhappy with DC now than with the new 52 and that's saying something.

Astonishing Member

It seemed really good right when he came back until the same people running the show very intentionally ruined it.