View Poll Results: What were your feelings on the issue?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVED IT! Can't wait for more!

86 48.59%
  • Liked it quite a bit!

59 33.33%
  • It was an average read.

22 12.43%
  • I didn't really like it and I'm not sure I'm going to continue reading it.

7 3.95%
  • I hated it. I will never read another X-Factor issue unles Thumbelina appears.

3 1.69%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    hahaha. QFT. That's the brilliance of the QC were able to get a ton of great one liners in all the books.

Also... I love that people think the 05 could be in their 20s. This aging, particularly with Magneto is going to be a problem in the MCU movies.

Here's how I generally view the ages:
    Xavier/Magneto... 50s/60s
    05/ANAD... 30s
    New Mutants... Late 20s
    Gen X... Early 20s
    This doesn't work for a number of reasons - namely that Jordan White has specified that the O5 are in their late 20s, and they'd be in their early 30s in the first place.

During the Utopia era the New Mutants were all around 21 at the oldest, it had only been four years since the events of Inferno. And there's no way it's been more than two years since then, all things considered.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    This doesn't work for a number of reasons - namely that Jordan White has specified that the O5 are in their late 20s, and they'd be in their early 30s in the first place.

During the Utopia era the New Mutants were all around 21 at the oldest, it had only been four years since the events of Inferno. And there's no way it's been more than two years since then, all things considered.
    Nah Sam "was 21" Karma's older. But if that was true how old was Paige when her and Angel had sky sex?
    GrindrStone(D)

Why is this forun obsessed with ages?
    No argument for ages could ever make sense for Marvel superheroes. They were created in the 60's, it's now 2020, random comics have said the year or decade numerous times over the years so nothing will ever make sense.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wow. I actually liked it.

Just need some actual action and less hipster talk. 7.5/10.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah Sam "was 21" Karma's older. But if that was true how old was Paige when her and Angel had sky sex?
    19. Gen X lasted 2 years and she was 17 when it started

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I can’t believe people are complaining because there’s “too many words”. Did you even read comics from the 60’s-early 90’s when it took more than 5 minutes to read a comic because they weren’t “made for the trade” and designed so someone could pick up a random issue and, thanks to the exposition, figure things out? I loved the fact that this book felt like an old school read. Only complaint is having to repeat the sexual orientation of certain characters over and over. We get it. They’re bi. Let’s move on...
    I'm not complaining about it having too many words. I'm saying the content of the exposition was not great. It understand that they were trying to cover a lot of ground, but the wordiness was used poorly IMO. Hope and Rachel in particular had very inorganic dialogue.

One thing I did not like was the "amazing baby" stuff. It was annoying and really weird.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    One thing I did not like was the "amazing baby" stuff. It was annoying and really weird.
    I can’t quite get over the fact that Warwolves are (highly dangerous) sentient beings.
    There was some guff in Excalibur about them no longer being sentient (due to captivity? Which is not how sentience works...) which felt like an excuse to slaughter them without a moral conundrum. But I stopped reading Excalibur.

I was generalizing. If we want to get specific Sam and Dani were 21, Karma was 24, Bobby and Amara were 20, and Doug and Illyana's ages were and are indeterminate.

Still puts the majority of them no older than 23 now.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    19. Gen X lasted 2 years and she was 17 when it started
    So Jubilee moved out to her own apt in Cali when she was 15 and half years old??!
    GrindrStone(D)

So Jubilee moved out to her own apt in Cali when she was 15 and half years old??!
    She is technically an emancipated teenager at that point.

Jubilee is a weird case of inconsistent aging. Gen X happened in all of two years, and then between that ending and the Utopia era was like a year but she aged two and a half and was eighteen when she was turned into a vampire. Probably a vampire for a year or less than before being cured and who knows how old she's seen as right now.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Why is this forun obsessed with ages?
    No argument for ages could ever make sense for Marvel superheroes. They were created in the 60's, it's now 2020, random comics have said the year or decade numerous times over the years so nothing will ever make sense.
    Partly because age, maturity, and life experience can become character traits, too. Whatever age Spider-Man is now, he's definitely much wiser than he was as a teenager in the 1960s and 1970s, and he's seen as a statesman by the younger heroes. This was also a running plot point between teen Beast and older Beast considering the latter's actions. And while that doesn't give us an exact age, it does give us a range to work with.

As it is, someone in their 30s generally (but not always) has more experience and confidence going into something than someone in their 20s who's still fresh into adulthood.

She lived with her aunt and yeah she was about that age as she went to a traditional high school

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Partly because age, maturity, and life experience can become character traits, too. Whatever age Spider-Man is now, he's definitely much wiser than he was as a teenager in the 1960s and 1970s, and he's seen as a statesman by the younger heroes. This was also a running plot point between teen Beast and older Beast considering the latter's actions. And while that doesn't give us an exact age, it does give us a range to work with.

As it is, someone in their 30s generally (but not always) has more experience and confidence going into something than someone in their 20s who's still fresh into adulthood.
    Fine if people were being as general as "in their 20s or 30s" but people want specific ages here, and trying to work out year by year how old they were when they did things. It's never going to work.
    Dani Moonstar was created before i was born but she obviously hasn't aged even 10 years since her creation and she never will.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Also... I love that people think the 05 could be in their 20s. This aging, particularly with Magneto is going to be a problem in the MCU movies.

Here's how I generally view the ages:
    Xavier/Magneto... 50s/60s
    05/ANAD... 30s
    New Mutants... Late 20s
    Gen X... Early 20s
    NXM... teens
    Xavier is not as old as the Fox films(and subsequent comics) have made you think he is. He founded the X-Men only 10 years after the war(which he went off to just after finishing his schooling, which he did very young thanks to his telepathy making him know everything his teachers knew), so he could have been somewhere between 28-32 in 1963's #1, which was only about 10 years ago in their continuity. Morrison even explicitly called him about 40/41 when he was dying of Cassandra Nova's microsentinels.
    Magneto is obviously tied to WW2, but he was also deaged to a baby and reaged to his prime not too long ago in their continuity, so he's also only about 45ish, max, at this point.

Once you realize they are much younger, it's easy to see the main X-Men are only barely 30, since they were teenagers about 10 years ago. Storm is only about 7 years older than Legion, given how old she was just a few months before he was conceived in Israel(when she picked Xavier's pocket in Cairo). Consider also how Karma is a year older than Colossus and Cannonball and Husk are siblings only a couple years apart, and you start to realize the age gaps between the supposed 'generations' are negligible.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-31-2020 at 07:43 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!