Page 438 of 514 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 7705
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Teen Scott in Annual preview

Shoot! I can’t wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Thanks for posting! Can’t wait for the issue, though flashbacks are not what I want to see. Hope it’s not half of the issue filled with same old memories that have been repeated for 20 times...

And thanks Legaldrugdealer for posting the amazing art too!
    they better not do ANOTHER flashback of the plane crash

Next you will be telling me we have already seen a certain alley shooting, spider bite, planet exploding, and secret government facility doing inhuman experiments to many times as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Next you will be telling me we have already seen a certain alley shooting, spider bite, planet exploding, and secret government facility doing inhuman experiments to many times as well.
    I would argue that those are iconic moments, while Scott's origin is more of a "that's cool, never knew that" for X fans. Scott was never defined by his origin, rather by his actions as X-leader.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

It's the random retcons I'm curious about, really. Or bad editorializing, I suppose. Mark Waid did get away with Tyke claiming he hadn't had a roof over his head between the plane crash and meeting Xavier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    It's the random retcons I'm curious about, really. Or bad editorializing, I suppose. Mark Waid did get away with Tyke claiming he hadn't had a roof over his head between the plane crash and meeting Xavier.
    I think he did mentioned the orphanage

BANNED

The part where he drove a bus to save the other kids was cool, though.

Hey, do we know if there will be a single universe moving forward? I know that there's no way that the Age of X-Man will be as all-encompassing as the Age of Apocalypse or Secret Wars, that it'll be contained in the X-books - but are we certain that Uncanny X-Men isn't taking place in the main universe after X-Man takes the X-Men to a pocket universe shown in the tie-in books? Or do y'all think Uncanny will take place in X-Man's world and that it'll show Cyclops, Wolverine, and whatever ragtag team they assemble spearheading a resistance movement?

BANNED

Look at uncanny sales, Scott where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I think he did mentioned the orphanage
    I certainly hope he did. A blind kid living on the streets makes for a waaaayyyyy more horrific origins story than Sinister's orphanage from hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Hey, do we know if there will be a single universe moving forward? I know that there's no way that the Age of X-Man will be as all-encompassing as the Age of Apocalypse or Secret Wars, that it'll be contained in the X-books - but are we certain that Uncanny X-Men isn't taking place in the main universe after X-Man takes the X-Men to a pocket universe shown in the tie-in books? Or do y'all think Uncanny will take place in X-Man's world and that it'll show Cyclops, Wolverine, and whatever ragtag team they assemble spearheading a resistance movement?
    It never occurred to me that UXM and AoXM would initially take place in the same universe.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 12-10-2018 at 03:58 PM.

The solicits suggest they dont exist in the same universe and #11 isnt tagged as an AoX tie-in

I certainly hope he did. A blind kid living on the streets makes for a waaaayyyyy more horrific origins story than Sinister's orphanage from hell.
    What could possibly... you know what? Don't answer that.

It never occurred to me that UXM and AoXM would initially take place in the same universe.
    So you think they're definitely separate?

The solicits suggest they dont exist in the same universe and #11 isnt tagged as an AoX tie-in
    Yeah, but I guess I'm stuck on how Cyclops and Wolverine are supposed to reach the AoX universe - or even what their motivation to do so would be. What sort of threat will they be facing in the main universe?

Yeah, but I guess I'm stuck on how Cyclops and Wolverine are supposed to reach the AoX universe - or even what their motivation to do so would be. What sort of threat will they be facing in the main universe?
    I thnk Cyclops returning and realizing that dozens of his former allies are missing is enough reason to inviestigate. This reminds me of Forge and Banshee coming together to find the X-men after the Siege Perilous. Im not sure Scott and Logan's adventures in UXM will even tie in directly to AoX. That might end independent of them with the rest of the X-men rejoining them to fight the big bad at the end

What could possibly... you know what? Don't answer that.
    Eeexactly.

So you think they're definitely separate?
    Yup. My guess is that the 'birth' of the AoXM will have nasty side-effects and result in yet another mutant apocalyptic nightmare for those left behind.