Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Dark Web

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I simply do not see this. Why? MJ is not Felicia who you can build a non romsnce story as an anti-heroine around ( stealing or helping fight crime). Thus, if there is no romance or on the other side no conflict involving Peter & MJ, with the exception of teasing MJ fans, there is no point for her even being in the book.
    Mary Jane has been in the Spider-Man comics as only a friend and confidant before she was married to Peter and after OMD.

She doesn't have to be Peter's love interest to be part of the supporting cast in Spider-Man comics.
    Of course, I wish that she's always Peter's love interest and wife.
    Last edited by Starrius; 11-14-2022 at 01:15 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Mary Jane has been in the Spider-Man comics as only a friend and confidant before she was married to Peter and after OMD.
    Mary Jane always had an interest in Peter either flirtatiously or romantically, her confidant role in the 80s did not skirt away from the fact she and Peter had deeper emotional chemistry and came after they already had been dating at one point and Peter had initially proposed to her, only she was the one who turned it down She later admitted she would have accepted if she didn't know he was Spider-Man.

Her character took major steps backwards not being Peter's love interest after OMD, to the point she was barely a friend let alone a confidant as they tried different roles for her to justify keeping her in the book on a semi recurring basis.

She remained Peter's wife in other Spider-Man comics around the same time, which always hung over her post-OMD appearances in the book, because it still informed readers of how things ought to be.

Hell, that is still going on even today.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 11-14-2022 at 02:25 AM.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Mary Jane always had an interest in Peter either flirtatiously or romantically, her confidant role in the 80s did not skirt away from the fact she and Peter had deeper emotional chemistry and came after they already had been dating at one point and Peter had initially proposed to her, only she was the one who turned it down She later admitted she would have accepted if she didn't know he was Spider-Man.

Her character took major steps backwards not being Peter's love interest after OMD, to the point she was barely a friend let alone a confidant as they tried different roles for her to justify keeping her in the book on a semi recurring basis.

She remained Peter's wife in other Spider-Man comics around the same time, which always hung over her post-OMD appearances in the book, because it still informed readers of how things ought to be.

Hell, that is still going on even today.
    I wonder if this is all just a really weird case of Marvel having their cake and eating it too, because that's what it is starting to feel like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I wonder if this is all just a really weird case of Marvel having their cake and eating it too, because that's what it is starting to feel like.
    It's precisely this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    It's precisely this.
    I...honestly don't know how to feel about that. I guess...having the best make-out session ever while being slapped with a bowling ball at the same time?

Astonishing Member

Looks like Peter is going to face Hallows Eve too.
    I wonder in what issue it'll be.
    "Chasm and the Goblin QueenChasm and the Goblin Queen have spun a Dark Web over New York City — with Spider-Man trapped in it! Now Spidey will know how his enemies feel! But if he’s to somehow survive, he’ll have to get through Venom, Chasm, Hallow’s Eve and hordes of demons. You’ve never seen a Spider-Man story quite like this one…and he’s never taken a beating like this!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Looks like Peter is going to face Hallows Eve too.
    I wonder in what issue it'll be.
    "Chasm and the Goblin QueenChasm and the Goblin Queen have spun a Dark Web over New York City — with Spider-Man trapped in it! Now Spidey will know how his enemies feel! But if he’s to somehow survive, he’ll have to get through Venom, Chasm, Hallow’s Eve and hordes of demons. You’ve never seen a Spider-Man story quite like this one…and he’s never taken a beating like this!"
    Well, I can say this much, we have more female Spider-Man villains now than it feels like we did a decade ago, even if we also had to turn good women bad to do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I can say this much, we have more female Spider-Man villains now than it feels like we did a decade ago, even if we also had to turn good women bad to do it.
    Another thing that points at Janine being Hallows Eve is her first appereance in Beyond in the back up of ASM 74 with her being kinda the bully of that prision.

Another thing that points at Janine being Hallows Eve is her first appereance in Beyond in the back up of ASM 74 with her being kinda the bully of that prision.
    I don't think she was a bully in the prison so much as the top lady you don't want to mess with and everybody respected (or else). It's not like she was deliberately making life harder for anyone that wasn't making it hard for her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think she was a bully in the prison so much as the top lady you don't want to mess with and everybody respected (or else). It's not like she was deliberately making life harder for anyone that wasn't making it hard for her.
    Fair enough. But she was shown to have a certain "edge" if you will.

Oh...now for some reason I want to like the idea of Ben and Janine being a villain couple but...not like this. Not like this! Ben can't even see his face anymore! It's like that damn "Debaser-unit" Beyonder who ran Beyond Corporation has taken control of his mind and body. Wait...

Fair enough. But she was shown to have a certain "edge" if you will.
    Well, prison kind of does that to you .

Astonishing Member

Oh...now for some reason I want to like the idea of Ben and Janine being a villain couple but...not like this. Not like this! Ben can't even see his face anymore! It's like that damn "Debaser-unit" Beyonder who ran Beyond Corporation has taken control of his mind and body. Wait...
    If they're going to try and make that status quo stick, they better make them cool as hell

If they're going to try and make that status quo stick, they better make them cool as hell
    Right?! Oh, I could totally get into reading a Chasm/Hallow's Eve series if it was done well enough. Assuming Janine is Hallow's Eve, which I am pretty sure she is.

Astonishing Member

Right?! Oh, I could totally get into reading a Chasm/Hallow's Eve series if it was done well enough. Assuming Janine is Hallow's Eve, which I am pretty sure she is.
    Wells shines writing villains after, let's hope that's the case here.

EDIT: At least he writes them better than the heroes IMHO
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 11-14-2022 at 12:40 PM.