Page 100 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 5090969798991001011021031041101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    But is it really? What is so different from comic Deadpool and Barakapool in terms of offensive abilities?
    Almost everything.

Comic Wade uses two swords, while Baraka Wade uses two claw swords. Both still use two Katana's.
    Also: Guns. His own bones. His arm. The environment. His mouth. Other people. A nuclear submarine there's a really long list.

They both can teleport. Baraka Wade's is an ability, while Comic Wade's is tech based(or is it magic based? It's Marvel so it's hard to say).
    No it's not? It's always been tech.

The source is different but it is still teleportation that appears and is used in a similar manner.
    Not really.

They both have healing factors. They both have similar combat ability. They both have messed up bodies. The only thing that is really different is their ranged game. Even then they are both destruction type of attacks. Baraka Wade's is just laser vision while Comic Wade uses guns, explosives, etc.
    See above.

And before his mouth was sewn, they both had a mouth. Really, they are't that much different if you think about it. Both can teleport, both use dual Katana's, both have healing factors, both are expert hand to hand combatants, both have messed up bodies, etc. Are they really that different? Would you have minded so much if Wade's mouth wasn't sewn shut? I fell that is the main reason why so many people disliked this Wade. It was because one of the best things about him was sealed shut: his mouth.
    Yes, I would have. Because it's a completely different character with a character I love's name attached.

I really wouldn't have minded if they had a Barakapool miniseries of some sort. Allow him to use his mouth, see what mischief a Deadpool given laser vision could get up to, etc. He isn't my favourite don't get me wrong. I just feel that he had a lot of potential, and they could have easily turned him around into a likeable Deadpool if they had put some effort into it.
    If that's how you feel that's your right I suppose, free country and all that.

But you don't seem to know too much about comic Deadpool, which is leading you to assume that there's not a difference between the two.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Obvious joke character is obvious.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Let us know how he got to this level of power.
    I didn't read the actual issue, but basically, the JL was fighting Metron, and they got him out of the chair. Metron then explained that it needed someone to sit on it, otherwise its energies would destroy the world/the galaxy/the universe/whatever. Cue Batman sitting on it, and now, as far as we know, being able to access all the knowledge in the universe (like the Joker's true name).

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yup. Basically he dumps all over the X-Men for a few comics as a part of a larger plan to make them look like heroes. He succeeds, and at the end of it, even "I'm an asshole Scott Summers" gives him a compliment, and there's about half of a run of him running around helping other heroes by being his typical Deadpool self.

Mm, and the Skrull thing was neat because it was Deadpool and Nick Fury having figured out how to stop the Skrull Invasion and it involved letting them copy his healing factor only so they could die violently because of how it actually works. Norman ultimately beat them to the punch with killing the Queen, but that ultimately kicked off the oh ... I dunno, 6-10 issues of Deadpool literally just slapping Norman and the Thunderbolts. Nearly kills ant-man with bug-spray, disables an Iron Man suit and wears the chest-plate ... etc, etc. The guy is ridiculously clever and more than just a punchline machine...

But everyone likes to focus on his wisecracks and his love of pop culture references and a specific Mexican food.
    I focus more on his elaborate plot to kill himself after discovering a serum that would cancel his healing factor when he manipulated the X-Force, most of the local Marvel heroes, and the NY criminal underworld. Which just proves just how insanely intelligent Deadpool is when he's focused.

I also appreciate his complexity as well. People seem to forget that behind the wisecracks is a tortured, unstable and ultimately sad man who wishes to die. He's outright admitted on several occasions that he hates himself, yet at the same time he genuinely wishes to be a better person despite the fact that he feels that it may be too late for redemption. I think a moment that really touched me is when he raided a freighter filled with foreign women being sold into slavery. He kills the traffickers and uses his government connections to help them (free of charge, as he said). One of the women called him a good man, and Wade--with a melancholic smile-- said that while there are parts of him that are good, there were ugly sides to him as well that he despised. Yet the woman still insists that he has a kind heart, which really seems to get to him.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-06-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

To clarify, Barakapool is an abomination and anyone that supports it is not worthy of a swift death. But they kinda did give Bats superpowers briefly, in the Nu52.
    Briefly. Then they realized it was stupid and put him back to being Batman... Besides, according to some writers and fans, Batman doesn't need powers to be God-level being.

But we can still go with, "It'd be like if Batman was made a well-adjusted human being who isn't a psychopath barely resisting the urge to murder people because his parents were murdered when he was 8."... Of course, that describes the Silver-Age Batman pretty well. Not the original incarnation of Batman, who tended to kill. intentionally. A lot.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Briefly. Then they realized it was stupid and put him back to being Batman... Besides, according to some writers and fans, Batman doesn't need powers to be God-level being.

But we can still go with, "It'd be like if Batman was made a well-adjusted human being who isn't a psychopath barely resisting the urge to murder people because his parents were murdered when he was 8."... Of course, that describes the Silver-Age Batman pretty well. Not the original incarnation of Batman, who tended to kill. intentionally. A lot.
    That's why I laugh whenever someone argues that Tim Burton's Batman, with his acts of murder, isn't a proper interpretation of the original Batman.

And they literally tried to make Batman into a genuine Bat God? Despite the fact he has professed over and over that he doesn't trust himself with superpowers? Goddammit, DC...
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Wait, Deadpool can teleport now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Wait, Deadpool can teleport now?
    The Real Deadpool had a teleportation device, which I think is what got him stuck with Cable, or something like that. Anywsy, he used to use it alot, until it got broken or something.

The fake, really don't care what he could do because he's just a fake.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    That's why I laugh whenever someone argues that Tim Burton's Batman, with his acts of murder, isn't a proper interpretation of the original Batman.

And they literally tried to make Batman into a genuine Bat God? Despite the fact he has professed over and over that he doesn't trust himself with superpowers? Goddammit, DC...
    Yeah. In fact, the dark, brooding "psychopath walking on a razor's edge from committing murder" loner we all know as Batman these days is a relatively NEW concept, started, IIRC, sometime in the 80s. Before that, and for a pretty long time in the Bats' history, he was a pretty well-adjusted man who was close friends with the Big Blue Boy Scout.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Real Deadpool had a teleportation device, which I think is what got him stuck with Cable, or something like that. Anywsy, he used to use it alot, until it got broken or something.

The fake, really don't care what he could do because he's just a fake.
    What was the deal with him and Cable anyway?

They're bestest buds
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I focus more on his elaborate plot to kill himself after discovering a serum that would cancel his healing factor when he manipulated the X-Force, most of the local Marvel heroes, and the NY criminal underworld. Which just proves just how insanely intelligent Deadpool is when he's focused.
    The arc where he kept killing himself out of boredom was pretty good as well. He becomes a pirate, detonates a nuclear submarine, and then tries to cook himself to the point where seagulls eat him and spread his ashes. Then in a growing hallucination, he has a conversation with a shark who had the same plan, Thanos, and Death herself.

I also appreciate his complexity as well. People seem to forget that behind the wisecracks is a tortured, unstable and ultimately sad man who wishes to die. He's outright admitted on several occasions that he hates himself, yet at the same time he genuinely wishes to be a better person despite the fact that he feels that it may be too late for redemption. I think a moment that really touched me is when he raided a freighter filled with foreign women being sold into slavery. He kills the traffickers and uses his government connections to help them (free of charge, as he said). One of the women called him a good man, and Wade--with a melancholic smile-- said that while there are parts of him that are good, there were ugly sides to him as well that he despised. Yet the woman still insists that he has a kind heart, which really seems to get to him.
    Dr. Bong explained the issue with him having friends while he was murdering Captain America.

Basically it boils down to him hating his 'friends' more than he even hates himself deep down, because he knows that in most cases, nobody likes him and that friendship is just their way of controlling/using him for their own ends. Which is why people like Bob, Weasel, and Blind Al mean so much to him, and while, even still, he did tent to torture them a bit. Another interesting tidbit, is that he had a run in with Ghost Rider, and was hit with the Penance Stare. The feedback from the stare was so powerful that it knocked Ghost Rider back into Blaze. The ensuing conversation was basically that Deadpool, for all of the horrible things he's done suffers for it everyday, meaning that the Penance Stare was redundant. Blaze even said that GR hadn't run him down to kill him, only to ask for help.

Deadpool is a rather well-crafted character under all of the fluff people ascribe to him.

He was hired by a guy named Tolliver to mess with Cable and the New Mutants, stuff happened, and they ended up as bestest buds. Deadpool was even the guy who 'pulled the plug' after the Surfer basically lobotomized Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    They're bestest buds
    The. Bestest.

Arx Inosaan

Until Cable tried to Mindfu** Deadpool "For his own good" and Deadpool got royally P.O.'d at him.

But I guess they made up later on.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-06-2015 at 06:03 PM.

He tried to fix him. Found out he couldn't.

But they got better.

Arx Inosaan

He tried to fix him. Found out he couldn't.

But they got better.
    Not couldn't, shouldn't. Deadpool didn't want to be 'Fixed", not like that. I liked comic, but it's probably buried in my collection.