Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

As long as it doesn't have any Kevin Costner scenes in it, I'm totally down. I like Snyder's stuff.

Amazing Member

I'd like to see Superman take on He-Man in the next one.
    I thought Man of Steel was one of the finest superhero movies of all time.

I really want to see Superman/Batman kill the Joker's neck.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

The whole movie should be the Kent's and Jimmy Olsen clubbing Zack Snyder with Wiffle bats.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

I would guess there's no solo Superman movie on the docket as of yet partially because they have no idea which creative team to hand it to.
    Snyder will probably be done helming the DCEU movies with JL Part One or Part Two.
    He'll probably want a break, possibly to focus on something smaller that won't involve so many fan- or general audience- eyes watching every step he takes.

Warner would love to have Nolan, Affleck, or Miller helm a Superman movie, but at this point, Nolan seems to have switched his focus to his own projects, Affleck is probably heading towards a solo Batman outing, and I assume Miller would love at least one more crack at a Mad Max film.

Honestly, I have no idea who else Warner would have faith in to get the job done correctly.

Is there any chance they cede more control to Geoff Johns and the rest of the team at DC Entertainment, or is Warner more likely to want to stay in the kitchen?

Incredible Member

For masochists only.

Keep Henry Cavill, and ditch Zach Snyder for J.J. Abrams, and it'll work!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I'd like to see a new Superman movie ...if it were directed and written by people that actually like and understand Superman, which Snyder & company definitely do not.

The only thing I liked in that miserable pile that was Man of Steel was Russell Crowe's Jor-El. Why can't we get a spinoff about him?!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Three words: WE WANT BRAINIAC!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Any chance this stand alone will be a reboot of the entire franchise? I just saw BVS yesterday and to be honest, I'm seriously mulling over boycotting DC movies from now on. It was basically Dark Knight Returns the movie without the plot. As in they literally lifted entire scenes wholesale from the book. The whole movie, especially the "flashbacks" or dream sequences or whatever you want to call them, was clearly just to pave the way for the Justice League. The scene where the Flash shows up in the Batcave was a little too obvious. All this established was that both of Clark's parents are terrible as opposed to just his father. When Harley Quinn gets a better movie than Superman, it's time for DC to reassess their priorities.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Any chance this stand alone will be a reboot of the entire franchise? I just saw BVS yesterday and to be honest, I'm seriously mulling over boycotting DC movies from now on. It was basically Dark Knight Returns the movie without the plot. As in they literally lifted entire scenes wholesale from the book. The whole movie, especially the "flashbacks" or dream sequences or whatever you want to call them, was clearly just to pave the way for the Justice League. The scene where the Flash shows up in the Batcave was a little too obvious. All this established was that both of Clark's parents are terrible as opposed to just his father. When Harley Quinn gets a better movie than Superman, it's time for DC to reassess their priorities.
    The Ma Kent stuff was so grimdark, I laughed and cringed.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Bring it on. The only thing I really didn't like about his direction is the washed out color palette. I hope the correct that in the future. But aside from that, I like the world he is building.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Keep Henry Cavill, and ditch Zach Snyder for J.J. Abrams, and it'll work!
    I've seen JJ's name come up a couple of times as a Snyder-replacement hopeful, but didn't JJ have an insane take on Superman, as well?
    I thought he wrote a screenplay where he had Lex as an alien and Jimmy Olsen as gay (which ideally wouldn't matter these days, but...you know...the world), among other changes.
    I'd be interested to know what his take would be now, preferably before we find out if he's even interested in taking over duties.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Bring it on. The only thing I really didn't like about his direction is the washed out color palette. I hope the correct that in the future. But aside from that, I like the world he is building.
    One of the many things I'd like to see in the movie (yeah this is going to be way cheesy...but I don't care) is when Superman put on a new outfit the next time he appears it's something a bit closer to what we are used to seeing (I couldn't care less about the trunks). Brighter colors....I'd also like to see him smile and hell maybe even rescue a cat out of tree. We saw how people reacted to Supergirl in the crossover with Flash. yeah due to her prior episode they kind of blew a gasket early on....but at the end they looked at her with awe and wonder. With the way they show Superman in the movie, I don't even see anyone going up to him and saying "hey Superman can I get your autograph" or "Can I get a photo with you?" He's not approachable. Hell I don't look at the New52 Superman as being approachable. I view him just a few steps shy of Miracle Man. I'd love to see a Superman that is actually approachable to some extent.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Unless they hire another director, another actor, another writer, and completely reboot the character I don't see the point.
    Why would they do that? Because it's not your Superman? Sorry mate both MoS and BvS have been a success and JL will start shooting. This Superman is here to stay. And thank God.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    One of the many things I'd like to see in the movie (yeah this is going to be way cheesy...but I don't care) is when Superman put on a new outfit the next time he appears it's something a bit closer to what we are used to seeing (I couldn't care less about the trunks). Brighter colors....I'd also like to see him smile and hell maybe even rescue a cat out of tree. We saw how people reacted to Supergirl in the crossover with Flash. yeah due to her prior episode they kind of blew a gasket early on....but at the end they looked at her with awe and wonder. With the way they show Superman in the movie, I don't even see anyone going up to him and saying "hey Superman can I get your autograph" or "Can I get a photo with you?" He's not approachable. Hell I don't look at the New52 Superman as being approachable. I view him just a few steps shy of Miracle Man. I'd love to see a Superman that is actually approachable to some extent.
    I think Zack Snyder's goal is to get to that point. The story he is telling is that Superman didn't start that way because the world didn't accept him with open arms, but consistently criticized him. Once Superman is resurrected, I think the world will be far more open to him, and Superman in turn will become far more approachable.
    Life is but a dream