Page 140 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2163
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    To be honest, people are so obsessed with Xanshi and how it plays into his history as a soldier that I just want to forget about all that for a while and play up his time as an architect. It's probably the most underused part of his personal history, not counting supporting cast (like Lynn, for example). After all the problems on Oa, I always wanted to see John take charge in designing the new structures of it. I probably play too many base building video games because I find an arc about rebuilding Oa to be extremely compelling.
    IIRC, John designed the Hall of Justice when Brad Meltzer was writing Justice League of America.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Funny how Xanshi is the only thing that got carried over from Cosmic Odyssey and nothing else from it got carried over.

One of the things I enjoyed about JLU John was the struggle between his human and GL side. He has been in space for so long that he lost touch with his old neighborhood. Time passed him by as he was up there dealing with space villains and that he feared that one day he would become a complete stranger in his own home. It could easily serve as a metaphor for the solider who comes back after the war to find his 'home' was no longer completely his 'home' or the anxiety/fear of assimilating to different cultures. I would love to see more stories build up on that metaphor.
    It really was PFU that John's tragedies rolled over despite reboots, and retcons.

Extraordinary Member

I really want to condition myself on staying positive, and see the new direction John takes in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I really want to condition myself on staying positive, and see the new direction John takes in 2021.
    I'm super excited for 2021!!! I'm still stunned to this day that John is FINALLY shining!!!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Van Jensen done a good job with the character.
    Unfortunately, his run was marred by far too many editorially-mandated crossovers that were truly terrible, but when Jensen & Chiang were left alone to do their own thing, it was easily the best John stuff since Mosaic.

BANNED

I found this in a 2012 thread when I Googled John and Wally

He's spent years moping over Xanshi and it just got ridiculously boring, hell Hal got over his Parallax guilt faster.
    https://forums.superherohype.com/thr...-barry.391479/

Lol

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-24-2020 at 08:42 AM.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    IIRC, John designed the Hall of Justice when Brad Meltzer was writing Justice League of America.

It really was PFU that John's tragedies rolled over despite reboots, and retcons.
    John designs a lot of stuff off panel and like Bruce planning things before the story, it's cheap and not interesting at all. I want to see those gears turning!

It's always pay off with no setup. Meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    John designs a lot of stuff off panel and like Bruce planning things before the story, it's cheap and not interesting at all. I want to see those gears turning!

It's always pay off with no setup. Meaningless.
    you don't say....

I might be remembering wrong but I feel like there was some in-depth design stuff in the early GLC issues of the Johns era or Van Jensen run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Unfortunately, his run was marred by far too many editorially-mandated crossovers that were truly terrible, but when Jensen & Chiang were left alone to do their own thing, it was easily the best John stuff since Mosaic.
    Oh yea, I see what you mean. I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I might be remembering wrong but I feel like there was some in-depth design stuff in the early GLC issues of the Johns era or Van Jensen run.
    It was in the early days of Jensen's era. John architected on the GLC base, which him and Mogo built it.

John was also designing the GL HQ/compound when he was trying to integrate the Sinestro Corps in "Hal Jordan & the GLC."

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Too cool....