Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What would you think are the percentage odds that any of them flip on Donald Trump Sr?
    Well they have to be indicted first. And some former Federal and NY State DAs think it is a matter of when, not if.

Once that happens, I guess it depends on who is indicted.

If it's Ivanka, I think Jared implicates Donald right out the gate.

If it's Jared, I think he tries to prove he's loyal for a time. Then flips rather dramatically.

So 100% on Jared.

The bigger deal, IMHO, is IF they are indicted. I am actually on the more conservative side of things and think NYDA will just hound TO via surrogates till they bleed too much money and leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    And apparently Fox is still going on about Critical Race Theory.

I almost posted that last week.

It was my runner up.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It has begun! The G-Ouroboros-P is eating its judges.

Conservative Justices Warn Kavanaugh and Barrett Lack 'Fortitude' | Opinion
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The education of the next generation is one of the most important topics.
    What does that have to do with what Tami posted?

Whenever anyone 'cares about the education of the next generation' be wary that what they may be talking about it caring about the 'indoctrination of the next generation'.

If you are a teacher, an educator, or anyone in related fields of study then it's fine to care about improving education for all students.

If you are a politician with no background in education, a TV personality who has little or no knowledge of the subject, or anyone else acting without knowing what they are talking about, then you need to be concerned.

Never trust a politician in a classroom unless they are teaching a College level class in political science.
    Public schools are a policy matter. Politicians at multiple levels make all sorts of decisions related to education.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    What does that have to do with what Tami posted?
    Tami found it strange that Fox is spending time on Critical Race Theory, but it connects to one of the most important topics in America, and one that viewers are concerned about: the education of the next generation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The GOP is looking for a wedge issue to politicize local school boards. Part of their strategy to generate activism and create change at the grassroots level while Democrats are occupied with governing.
    The GOP has recognized that some on the left have some extreme views on race, and this affects schools in multiple ways (curricula, workplace training, etc.)

This is politically useful for Republicans, but they sure as hell aren't in secret agreement with progressives here, and don't believe that kindergarteners should be taught to accept whiteness.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...llings/619087/

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well they have to be indicted first. And some former Federal and NY State DAs think it is a matter of when, not if.

Once that happens, I guess it depends on who is indicted.

If it's Ivanka, I think Jared implicates Donald right out the gate.

If it's Jared, I think he tries to prove he's loyal for a time. Then flips rather dramatically.

So 100% on Jared.

The bigger deal, IMHO, is IF they are indicted. I am actually on the more conservative side of things and think NYDA will just hound TO via surrogates till they bleed too much money and leave the country.

I almost posted that last week.

It was my runner up.
    Do the former Federal and NY State DAs think it's a matter of when Jared, Donald Jr and Ivanka are indicted? Or are their statements more measured?

I'm trying to figure out if you're saying there's a one hundred percent chance Jared Kushner will be prosecuted and flip on Donald Sr. In that case, it would be pretty easy to be proven wrong.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The Republican Party latches onto Pink Elephants as if they were real, instead of a mass delusion.

It's not that there isn't such a thing as 'Critical Race Theory', it's that it isn't what they imagine it to be.

There is a whole long list of these full on hallucinations and half-truth delusions. Maybe someday I'll either find or make a list of them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Republican Party latches onto Pink Elephants as if they were real, instead of a mass delusion.

It's not that there isn't such a thing as 'Critical Race Theory', it's that it isn't what they imagine it to be.

There is a whole long list of these full on hallucinations and half-truth delusions. Maybe someday I'll either find or make a list of them.

You want a quick rundown of conservative myths? Off the top of my head, things I've had to handle over the past ten years...

• "They're Coming to take all our guns away!"
    • "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun!"
    • Pizzagate
    • Qanon
    • "Abortion is murder and they're crushing babies to harvest their parts!"
    • "They're planning to put everyone into forced labor in FEMA camps!"
    • Jade Helm 15 Conspiracy Theories
    • 9/11 Trutherism
    • "Agenda 21 isn't an environmental treaty... it's a plot for global domination!"
    • Bilderberg conspiracy/Anti-Semitic global domination conspiracy theories
    • "Critical Race Theory will destroy us all!"
    • "Obamacare will create death panels!"
    • "Water fluoridation is a conspiracy to keep the populace docile or even mind controlled!" (see John Birch Society)
    • Chemtrails
    • "Trickle down economics works!"
    • "We need to return to the gold standard!"
    • "We need to drug test moochers on welfare because they're just spending the money on drugs!"
    • "There's no such thing as marital rape."
    • "Women's bodies have ways of shutting down pregnancies when they're raped."
    • "The bulk of Planned Parenthood's funding goes towards abortions!"
    • "The Holocaust wasn't real!"
    • "The Armenian Genocide wasn't real!"
    • "The Trump campaign never colluded with the Russians!"
    • "Russia is our friend!"
    • "There are cures for being gay!"
    • "Transwomen are actually just men that want access to women's restrooms to rape people!"
    • "Hillary Clinton killed Seth Rich!"
    • "Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster!"
    • "Obama never actually killed bin Laden!"
    • "Obama gave out 'Obamaphones' to a bunch of inner city crooks!"
    • "Christians are being persecuted because they're not allowed to discriminate against gay people or other minorities!"
    • "There's widespread voter fraud in this country that needs addressing!"
    • "Corporations are people!"
    • "They gave stand-down orders when Benghazi happened that got 4 Americans killed!"
    • "There are Muslim 'no-go zones' in certain American cities!"
    • "Sharia Law is a threat to our nation!"
    • "They wanted to build a 'victory mosque' at Ground Zero!"
    • "Vaccines don't work!"
    • "Masks don't work!"
    • "Climate change is made up by crooked scientists!"
    • "Immigrants are invading across the border, bringing drugs, and are raping and murdering Americans!"
    • "Torture works!"
    • "Antifa is the real threat to our country, not white nationalists!"
    • "Antifa did January 6th and framed Trump supporters!"
    • "You can't trust the lying liberal media! Listen to Fox News and Alex Jones!"
    • "There's no such thing as a separation of church and state!"
    • "The Founding Fathers intended this to be a Christian nation."

Regarding all of this list... It's ALL LIES CONSERVATIVES TELL EACH OTHER.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The GOP has recognized that some on the left have some extreme views on race, and this affects schools in multiple ways (curricula, workplace training, etc.)

This is politically useful for Republicans, but they sure as hell aren't in secret agreement with progressives here, and don't believe that kindergarteners should be taught to accept whiteness.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...llings/619087/

Do the former Federal and NY State DAs think it's a matter of when Jared, Donald Jr and Ivanka are indicted? Or are their statements more measured?

I'm trying to figure out if you're saying there's a one hundred percent chance Jared Kushner will be prosecuted and flip on Donald Sr. In that case, it would be pretty easy to be proven wrong.
    I don't know how to make what I said more clear?

The first part refences this post.

The second post outlines part of my reasoning / opinion.

The third post answers your question you asked me about what I think, which I stated clearly as an opinion.

Trump family members seem to think Ivanka flips and those Feds/DAs/etc. seem to think Ivanka is the big fish, since she got paid the same way the other guy did that was arrested. The two opinions are not to be conflated.

Which is why *I* think Jared flips. He's been MIA for months and has legit familial wealth to protect (the latter of which Mary Trump thinks why it will be Ivanka).

Not trying to sounds like a jerk, mind you. Just trying to communicate clearly.

One of the previously linked articles states that they think Ivanka is the Big Fish.

And again, I am on the side of IF not WHEN. IF Ivanka or Jared are indicted, I stated what *I* THINK will happen.

EDIT: Links broke, give me a minute to fix.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-08-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You want a quick rundown of conservative myths? Off the top of my head, things I've had to handle over the past ten years...

• "They're Coming to take all our guns away!"
    • "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun!"
    • Pizzagate
    • Qanon
    • "Abortion is murder and they're crushing babies to harvest their parts!"
    • "They're planning to put everyone into forced labor in FEMA camps!"
    • Jade Helm 15 Conspiracy Theories
    • 9/11 Trutherism
    • "Agenda 21 isn't an environmental treaty... it's a plot for global domination!"
    • Bilderberg conspiracy/Anti-Semitic global domination conspiracy theories
    • "Critical Race Theory will destroy us all!"
    • "Obamacare will create death panels!"
    • "Water fluoridation is a conspiracy to keep the populace docile or even mind controlled!" (see John Birch Society)
    • Chemtrails
    • "Trickle down economics works!"
    • "We need to return to the gold standard!"
    • "We need to drug test moochers on welfare because they're just spending the money on drugs!"
    • "There's no such thing as marital rape."
    • "Women's bodies have ways of shutting down pregnancies when they're raped."
    • "The bulk of Planned Parenthood's funding goes towards abortions!"
    • "The Holocaust wasn't real!"
    • "The Armenian Genocide wasn't real!"
    • "The Trump campaign never colluded with the Russians!"
    • "Russia is our friend!"
    • "There are cures for being gay!"
    • "Transwomen are actually just men that want access to women's restrooms to rape people!"
    • "Hillary Clinton killed Seth Rich!"
    • "Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster!"
    • "Obama never actually killed bin Laden!"
    • "Obama gave out 'Obamaphones' to a bunch of inner city crooks!"
    • "Christians are being persecuted because they're not allowed to discriminate against gay people or other minorities!"
    • "There's widespread voter fraud in this country that needs addressing!"
    • "Corporations are people!"
    • "They gave stand-down orders when Benghazi happened that got 4 Americans killed!"
    • "There are Muslim 'no-go zones' in certain American cities!"
    • "Sharia Law is a threat to our nation!"
    • "They wanted to build a 'victory mosque' at Ground Zero!"
    • "Vaccines don't work!"
    • "Masks don't work!"
    • "Climate change is made up by crooked scientists!"
    • "Immigrants are invading across the border, bringing drugs, and are raping and murdering Americans!"
    • "Torture works!"
    • "Antifa is the real threat to our country, not white nationalists!"
    • "Antifa did January 6th and framed Trump supporters!"
    • "You can't trust the lying liberal media! Listen to Fox News and Alex Jones!"
    • "There's no such thing as a separation of church and state!"
    • "The Founding Fathers intended this to be a Christian nation."

Regarding all of this list... It's ALL LIES CONSERVATIVES TELL EACH OTHER.
    I actually know that there are more than that, but thanks WBE for the list.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I actually know that there are more than that, but thanks WBE for the list.
    *tips cap*

The point I think that can be made is, the entire conservative ideology is a web of lies that history, facts, science, and just reality run counter to.

I believe the joke that Colbert did on his old show where he pretended to be conservative where in a panic he whined, "Reality has a liberal bias!" is now... so terrifyingly accurate in a prediction of what conservatism has become.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Due to a state of emergency in Japan because of the virus, fans have been banned from the Olympics:

https://apnews.com/article/tokyo-lif...4a633cbd0d907e
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Due to a state of emergency in Japan because of the virus, fans have been banned from the Olympics:

https://apnews.com/article/tokyo-lif...4a633cbd0d907e
    Didn't Japan say that was going to happen if they even had the games?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Didn't Japan say that was going to happen if they even had the games?
    I think I had read somewhere that the plan was to have local fans, not visitors from overseas attend the games. Now, EVERYONE is banned.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think I had read somewhere that the plan was to have local fans, not visitors from overseas attend the games. Now, EVERYONE is banned.
    Yeah. That's what I read, too.

I seem to recall that even the talks of Japanese fans were changing due to their vaccination rate vs. new cases. As well as having an abnormally hot summer, which was the greater concern. Having Olympians, heat-stroked fans, and a pandemic still raging sounded like murder on their medical system.

The education of the next generation is one of the most important topics.
    We talking "More Important..." than -

- Actually getting every single American citizen affordable access to healthcare coverage?
    - Actually investing in notable improvements in the treatments of/cures for Alzheimer's Disease/ALS/Diabetes/Parkinson's Disease?
    - Actually getting even remotely serious about cyber security nationwide?