Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I liked the Slingers back in the day, Ricochet specifically. Plus, the mystery of Dusk remains unresolved.

And, why do all Cap writers since Gruenwald dislike so badly using Diamondback?

And, will somebody please put Black Knight back on an Avengers team?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    Shadow woman / Sepulchre
    I remember her, she had a badass brief appearance with American Eagle during Civil War that I dug hard. Always wondered if they'd done anything more with her.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    I remember her, she had a badass brief appearance with American Eagle during Civil War that I dug hard. Always wondered if they'd done anything more with her.
    I'm hoping one day she hows up in a marvel cartoon just so I can hear how exactly to properly say her name.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm hoping one day she hows up in a marvel cartoon just so I can hear how exactly to properly say her name.
    It kind of rhymes with nipple-burr. I mean you are really waiting on some one to put it in a cartoon before just doing a Google search? If you want to know the proper pronunciation just click on the speaker button here at dictionary.com. It'll play a nice audible.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Sepulchre?s=t

I think she is a cool character needing a comic after reading the write up on her at the Marvel wikia. Though I think everyone will just call her Shadow Woman or Jill.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    I liked the Slingers back in the day, Ricochet specifically. Plus, the mystery of Dusk remains unresolved.

Indeed. C.B. Cebulski was going to touch on the mystery of Dusk in "The Loners," but no one told him that Dusk was appearing in Ms. Marvel in the same month as a mind-controlled foe, so Cebulski had to drop those plans.

From this website:

(Ms. Marvel II#18 (fb) - BTS) - Dusk was captured by the Puppet Master's acquisition teams and held in Puetro Maravilla, Chile, to be sold as "interactive art."

(Ms. Marvel II#18) - Dusk was part of the Puppet Master's "gallery" of women and shown to a prospective buyer.

(Ms. Marvel II#19) (see comments) - Dusk and the other kidnapped superheroines -- Araña, Stature, Silverclaw and Tigra -- stood by while the Puppet Master forced his prisoners to fight each other and harm themselves.

(Ms. Marvel II#20 - BTS) - The Puppet Master's control over the kidnapped superheroines' minds was broken. Although Dusk was freed, she was not among the superheroines noted as receiving medical attention, presumably departing immediately following the release of the mind-control.
    Additionally:

As revealed in The Loners#5, Cassie's parents hired Mattie "Spider-Woman" Franklin to find her, presumably following up on her disappearance from Slingers. However, with her concurrent kidnapping in Ms. Marvel, it's possible that Dusk went back to see her parents before being taken prisoner by the Puppet Master, and they were looking for her for that reason. It's worth noting that Dusk appears in Ms. Marvel II#18 and not in the other chapters of the storyline (there's an unidentified woman who might be her in #19 and she doesn't appear in #20), making it possible that the Ms. Marvel team weren't aware of what was going on with the character in The Loners and tried to write her out to avoid conflicting with that. Additionally, Dusk may have appeared (in the shadows, naturally) in Loners #5, lurking around Franklin after she contacted her parents.
    Oh, it was definitely her. It just had to be an unofficial appearance due to no one letting Cebulski know what was up with Dusk.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Some many...

Kevin "Kasper" Cole formerly known as Black Panther and White Tiger

Galacta, daughter of Galactus
    galacta2.jpg

Scorn, Tanis Nieves, therapist and host of a cyber enhanced symbiote

X-Man aka Nate Grey
    Feeling kind of lazy so search for a picture on your own, there are plenty out there.

Danny Ketch aka Ghost Rider
    See previous reason, also a number of pictures out there for viewing.
    Last edited by Wellman; 01-17-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Galacta, daughter of Galactus
    galacta2.jpg
    Just a couple of posts by Cullen Bunn, writer of Fearless Defenders, on the subject:

http://community.comicbookresources....cta#post833106
    http://community.comicbookresources....cta#post839842

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    Many of the characters who appeared were favorites and first choices for the series. The only ones I really wanted but was denied were Spider-Girl (Mayday Parker), Mania (denied only because the series ended), and Galacta (who I thought was part of Marvel continuity, but who was not).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    Originally, it was Galacta in Nova's spot.
    That would be in Fearless Defenders #12. So I don't think they can make any more stories with her unless they bring her to Earth-616 continuity...
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Just a couple of posts by Cullen Bunn, writer of Fearless Defenders, on the subject:

http://community.comicbookresources....cta#post833106
    http://community.comicbookresources....cta#post839842

That would be in Fearless Defenders #12. So I don't think they can make any more stories with her unless they bring her to Earth-616 continuity...
    Galacta not in continuity? What fools these mortals be. Next thing you know The Captain would be considered off limits if I wanted to write a small Nextwave reunion.

All-New Member

Probably a silly question given they are pulling the pug on FF shortly, but what ever happened to Lyja?

Ultimate Member

Random (mostly mutant) characters I miss;

Fixx, and to a lesser extent, her teammates, Archer, Greystone and Shard.

Unuscione and Scanner, of the Acolytes (also Frenzy, but she's gotten a lot more play).

Omerta, kind of a jerk, but fun, and a great foil for a character like Northstar.

Diamond Lil, Flashback and Smart Alec, of Omega Flight, as well as Pathway/Laura Dean, Windshear, Witchfire and various other abandoned Alpha Flight spin-off characters.

Genoshan mutants Freakshow and Wicked.

Sometimes, when trying to remember the worthy, you stumble upon something else you can't help but mention. Brought to you from the annuals of Fox comics circa 1940, you know that company ran by a British midget that would dance around rooms claiming to be the king of comics over and over again in his office when he thought no one was watching but in truth creeped out the entire editorial staff downstairs? Well, they really did it this time. I introduce to you Dynamite Thor! A man who found he was immune to explosives and promptly took to strapping dynamite to his ass and blowing it up so he could fly through the air over great distances, land on groups of Nazis, and fight them with his fists and any extra sticks...

Dynamite THOR...

500px-Dynamite_Thor_002.jpg

Sadly, the ownership license was allowed to lapse and now this character is purely public domain. What were they thinking.

More serious stuff later. Assuming some one else comes a long and posts so I don't feel like I am double posting. :P
    Last edited by Inhuman X; 01-17-2015 at 02:03 PM.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    I introduce to you Dynamite Thor! A man who found he was immune to explosives and promptly took to strapping dynamite to his ass and blowing it up so he could fly through the air over great distances, land on groups of Nazis, and fight them with his fists and any extra sticks...
    I didn't know Cannonball's grandfather was a superhero.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

She is avery usefull enemy why does Marvel not use Phantazia? Her look is awsum.
    image.jpg

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Fixx, and to a lesser extent, her teammates, Archer, Greystone and Shard.
    I loved these guys and would love to see someone else pick them up and use them, especially Fixx & Archer.

Also...
    Shamrock
    Sabra (she gets a nod here and there but not nearly what I would like. She's a potentially great character...but then aren't they all.)
    Cerise

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Sometimes, when trying to remember the worthy, you stumble upon something else you can't help but mention. Brought to you from the annuals of Fox comics circa 1940, you know that company ran by a British midget that would dance around rooms claiming to be the king of comics over and over again in his office when he thought no one was watching but in truth creeped out the entire editorial staff downstairs? Well, they really did it this time. I introduce to you Dynamite Thor! A man who found he was immune to explosives and promptly took to strapping dynamite to his ass and blowing it up so he could fly through the air over great distances, land on groups of Nazis, and fight them with his fists and any extra sticks...

Dynamite THOR...

500px-Dynamite_Thor_002.jpg

Sadly, the ownership license was allowed to lapse and now this character is purely public domain. What were they thinking.

More serious stuff later. Assuming some one else comes a long and posts so I don't feel like I am double posting. :P
    Instantly sprang to mind: