Page 226 of 269 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 4021
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I don't mind that characterization of Diana per-se (or however you spell the darn word), but I hope it's not all she is, you know? Like I don't want to see her putting all the guys on the JL on timeout because they're not behaving, or something like that. Basically, I don't want them to bash it over our heads that she's the "Team Mom/Big Sis". Let her have her own ego and opinions, and not just be the mediator between the men. Adding another woman can probably reduce the likelihood that she'll embrace this trope.
    No, I don't want that to happen perpetually, either. It's okay this time, but maybe another time she is the one that needs the "timeout" instead.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

To my eyes a line 'What Wonder Woman wants. Wonder Woman gets." is a line that makes me conclude that Diana is not someone who goes around a cleans up after others,
    Actually, the conclusion I get is that Diana is really Lola from "Damn Yankees."

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    No, I don't want that to happen perpetually, either. It's okay this time, but maybe another time she is the one that needs the "timeout" instead.
    Exactly. In a movie with Bats and Supes in the title, I don't mind if she is going to be giving out timeouts, since it's really their story. But in JL for example, she might need one, or they probably all will. A bit of variety in that sense goes a long way.

I've never talked so much about grown folks getting timeouts lol

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I've never talked so much about grown folks getting timeouts lol
    Heh. I never even had one when I was a kid. Of course, there was no such thing as timeouts 40 years ago (I remember hearing about them in the '80s for the first time). I stood in the corner quite a few times, however.

Ooookay...

Let me be clear about a few things:

1. If you repeatedly say nothing more than 'this is going to suck' or post constant negativity in *any* thread, your posts will be deleted and you risk being banned. Discussion and opinions are fine, but when you just repeat yourself, especially about a movie, script and performance no one has seen, there's a limit. You are more than free to post pro and con opinions, but there's a difference between 'I thought the way he was portrayed was terrible because...' and 'this is going to suck!' Rational and civil discourse versus childish ranting. Err on the side of the former, please.

2. This is not now nor shall it ever be a political forum. Keep real life politics and your opinions of politicians out of this forum. See the Community Forum? Go there and have a blast, but this is the Wonder Woman forum, not the 'this is what I think of the Obamas' forum.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled discussion
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice Poster by Mikhail Aldebaran
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

BANNED

Actually, the conclusion I get is that Diana is really Lola from "Damn Yankees."
    That reference is lost on me

(Actually the line makes me think of an old Flintstone's clip with caracter called Stonefinger.)

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    The ViolatingNDA review - debunked.
    And now Snyder revealed she has a "cameo, hm no, it's a bit bigger than that, she comes in and does something" which essentially means that she forces Superman and Batman to mend their fences and join forces with her in order to beat Doomsday. In a nutshell, she does nothing of note, she's the momsy figure that breaks them up. She also stops a blast of heat vision with her shield, impressive.
    I'm telling you now, you're in for a hell of a disappointment
    Actually, that is all what people expected this is called Batman v Superman afterall, WW is having her own film in a year so an extended cameo is fine and I'm pretty sure everyone here will be fine with that.

Furthermore, Zack confirmed that the "is she with you" line is referring to WW, but Superman and Batman are talking like friends so she couldn't be responsible for breaking the fight up not too mention the battle field is completely different too. Also, we have seen here slam her bracelets together too so it isn't like the shield is the only thing she's gonna be doing, there was also another shot of her being blown back in the CC trailer. Final fight with Dommy will probably run between 15-20 mins plus the formation of the JL etc so the final act is looking about 30-45mins, I'd say that is pretty good screen time for WW in a non-solo or JL film.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    That reference is lost on me

(Actually the line makes me think of an old Flintstone's clip with caracter called Stonefinger.)
    One of the famous songs from the musical is "Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets."

Fantastic Member

Well... who would look the best in that situation? The better scenario is Diana helping them at that particular time and everybody getting an equal share of the glory.
    Huh? You know do know I never said WW stop DD by herself that will I to be a team effort

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    Huh? You know do know I never said WW stop DD by herself that will I to be a team effort
    Okay, I'm confused now. Didn't you say you wanted her to save the butts of Batman and Superman from Luthor?

Fantastic Member

Yup Luthor not DD

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    Yup Luthor not DD
    Which is what I thought you meant, so I stand by what I posted earlier. I still can't see Wondy saving their bacon in that situation when the film is called Batman vs. Superman. Giving them a hand regarding Luthor? That I could definitely see.

Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/s...?ref_src=twsrc

"since it's late & no one is online..
    I keep hearing Gal Gadot is the real star of Batman v Superman. More excited than ever for Wonder Woman"
    The buzz for BvS, and specifically WW, has been nothing but positive so far. Never have I been so psyched for a film! I never expected WW to be in every scene in a movie called BvS...but I hoped her role would be impactful and leave audiences clamoring for her solo. And I'm pretty sure that's exactly what'll happen, smile. WW was even voted on Fandango as the superhero that moviegoers are most excited for this year. And she's only been in a few seconds of two trailers. Awesomeness!
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    The buzz for BvS, and specifically WW, has been nothing but positive so far. Never have I been so psyched for a film! I never expected WW to be in every scene in a movie called BvS...but I hoped her role would be impactful and leave audiences clamoring for her solo. And I'm pretty sure that's exactly what'll happen, smile. WW was even voted on Fandango as the superhero that moviegoers are most excited for this year. And she's only been in a few seconds of two trailers. Awesomeness!
    It is awesomeness. Though Batman and Superman have been my favorites going back to the late '60s, I'm actually more psyched about Wondy being in the film than those two together for the first time (and not just because Gal is gorgeous, either ).