Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

HA! Just remembered that once Domilossus gets back together, Piotr's gonna be on the same team as Dom's ex.

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    It's that Greg Land? Impossible...it...it actually looks good. Really good. Avengers proving, once again, how redundant they are, and a bunch of hypocrites. Still showing no respect for the X-men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    A typical & predical intro, sadly. Avengers as always show their reductant nature.
    This is what I hate about when writers have the Avengers appear in the X-books, they’re written completely out of character and confrontational. They aren’t written like this in their own book, they shouldn’t be written like that elsewhere just to get a rise out of readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I know, right. I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Miss Sinister had that shark-like Land smile in one panel, but otherwise it looked good.

I'm excited for this book. It's an unusual cast of characters including X-Men who often get less the spotlight, which I always appreciate.

BANNED

It's sad that this is good art compared to most of the other books in the past two years

BANNED

Rogers is still horny for Havok I see.

Hilarious that Tony seems to have forgotten he was also recently an inverted bad buy from the exact same event. And arguably a bad guy while not inverted too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post

Hilarious that Tony seems to have forgotten he was also recently an inverted bad buy from the exact same event. And arguably a bad guy while not inverted too.
    Isn't the point of Tony that he's a hero because he does good deeds, but as a person is completely unlikable?

Who IS your avatar btw.

Land does seem to have improved but it was a low bar to begin with. I may pick up the first issue as I like the cast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    ... I'm excited for this book. It's an unusual cast of characters including X-Men who often get less spotlight, which I always appreciate.
    Of all the X-books post ResurrXion, this does seem the freshest, pun intended. And this, SO much! I've grown to appreciate them the most, TBH.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I mean it par for the course that the Avengers are written like jerks in the X-books. But it's just soooooo hypocritical of Steve to tell Alex to take time off when he didn't after being a warmongering Nazi zealot. I will agree that the artwork for the second part of the preview was actually decent an enjoyable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Iron Man sux but I’ll shake anyone’s hand who mocks Havok so relentlessly.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man. this Tony Stark's a complete dick but he's actually written in character so I can't even be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post

You sure it’s Steve? I mean just look at that look on Havok’s face in the last panel

Also weird that they bring up Havok being wanted for the gene bomb from AXIS yet the rest of the X-Men are off the hook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I mean it par for the course that the Avengers are written like jerks in the X-books. But it's just soooooo hypocritical of Steve to tell Alex to take time off when he didn't after being a warmongering Nazi zealot. I will agree that the artwork for the second part of the preview was actually decent an enjoyable.
    Well technically Steve did take time away. He originally gave up the shield until Sam delivered it back to him and even then, he set off to travel the country to get back in touch with things and only ended up doing his Captain America thing due to circumstance of running into a terrorist group along his travels.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-29-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I don't mind the Avengers being jerks. It's who they are. It's that the Mutants are always written as wrong in their own books, even when they're right. That's what I get tired of. Like there are easy retorts to the Avengers arrogance, which readers can easily think of, but the characters are written like the Avengers are always right and Mutants need to bow in their presence. Of recent writers, I think only Bendis understood and ever showed Mutants in a superior position.
    AvX, IvX, Axis, Dazzler X-song I really see a pattern.

The worst is that as soon as the next civil war starts some Avenger always tries to recruit the X-mens to fight their fight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    AvX, IvX, Axis, Dazzler X-song I really see a pattern.

The worst is that as soon as the next civil war starts some Avenger always tries to recruit the X-mens to fight their fight.
    Which is why I LOVED the speech Emma gave to Carol Danvers about needing to pick up more shovels because the Avengers are never there when the XMEN need them.

Eff you to all hell, Steve. At least when Tony's a dick he is a dick to your face.

This is Good Land art, let's pray he doesn't get lazy. I'm not to fond of Claudine returning. She wasn't use all that well in blue and it looks to be more of the same here.