Page 576 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 764765265665725735745755765775785795805866266761076 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I mean his old design is pretty goofy but charming its way.
    This CGI demon thrown up onto the screen (in either scenario) is hardly an improvement,
    Yeah, this is one trading CGI mid-tier video game boss for another.

I can't I'm looking forward to how Darkseid or other New Gods will end up.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-08-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Not a fan of that design, but I'm not sure he'd look like that the whole movie. (Though Snyder Cut stuff probably belongs elsewhere.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, this is one trading one CGI mid-tier video game boss for another.

I can't I'm looking forward to how Darkseid or other New Gods will end up.
    It's going to be a train wreck, I can't wait to see it!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dude guess what: Both Snyder and Whedon’s designs suck.
    For you it might. I like this one. It fits the Kryptonians aesthetic snyder has.People complaining about this boggles my mind. It's not even like he made steppenwolf into non humanoid. That's just the helmet.I may have many complaints about these movies design and aesthetic will never be one.

This is steppenwolf currently,it doesn't look anything like kirby design. Dc has been changing kirby's design since they redrew his superman. So clinging to that is poultry excuse.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-08-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Maybe we should just avoid posting Snyder stuff on this thread if this is always going to be what results from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe we should just avoid posting Snyder stuff on this thread if this is always going to be what results from it.
    Seems unfair to the Snyder fans they can't share news and thoughts here just because there's always going to be people who will jump on it to hate the Snyder stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That would have been more fair. People can hate the stuff if they want. Let the people who want the news, get it without negativity.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I have no problem with Steppenwulf having a bunch of different looks. Even Kirby redesigned him when he came back to him for the Super Powers line. The defining feature of the character is his axe. Everything else is fluid, although I expect Scott's kickass helmet design to stick moving forward too

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Steppenwolf’s Snyder Cut design revealed on Vero!

That looks terrible. An improvement, but still terrible.

The theatrical release looked like the biggest movie of 1995, this looks like the biggest release of 2003.

Just put Ciarán Hinds in some make up and prosthetics and let him actually act.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-09-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That looks terrible. An improvement, but still terrible.

The theatrical release looked like the biggest movie of 1995, this looks like the biggest release of 2003.

As a fan of HBO's Rome, I remember thinking what as waste when I found out Hinds was the actor for Stepphenwolf with all the subpar CGI. I didn't even know he was the actor for him until years after the film.

Astonishing Member

An improvement, but still terrible. .
    I’m pretty sure this is going to be exactly what most people who weren’t fans of this director’s DC films to begin with are going to be saying when they see the Snyder Cut, lol.

Yeah, I think a humanoid approach could’ve worked better than the monstrous look.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-09-2020 at 08:22 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    For you it might. I like this one. It fits the Kryptonians aesthetic snyder has.People complaining about this boggles my mind. It's not even like he made steppenwolf into non humanoid. That's just the helmet.I may have many complaints about these movies design and aesthetic will never be one.

This is steppenwolf currently,it doesn't look anything like kirby design. Dc has been changing kirby's design since they redrew his superman. So clinging to that is poultry excuse.
    Some Kirby redesigns have aged better than others, although for the most part you can't top the classics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Yeah, I think a humanoid approach could’ve worked better than the monstrous look.
    I mean, Whedon's was more humanoid.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    As a fan of HBO's Rome, I remember thinking what as waste when I found out Hinds was the actor for Stepphenwolf with all the subpar CGI. I didn't even know he was the actor for him until years after the film.
    A huge waste, he could give a really rad performance if he was allowed to actually act. Instead we get this dated CGI mess that draws no emotional response from an audience.

If cgi quality is the problem. those will get better movie by the time its released. As for getting face of the actor and expressions, i am sure they have done their homework . As far as i know there is this report regarding ciaran hinds opinion on his role.
    https://www.reelanarchy.com/steppenw...heatrical-cut/
    justice league designs for anyone who is interested.
    https://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-cont...rt-700x696.jpg

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-09-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If cgi quality is the problem. those will get better movie by the time its released. As for getting face of the actor and expressions, i am sure they have done their homework . As far as i know there is this report regarding ciaran hinds opinion on his role.
    https://www.reelanarchy.com/steppenw...heatrical-cut/
    justice league designs for anyone who is interested.
    https://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-cont...rt-700x696.jpg

So is this a third design? It has a more humanoid face but still has the disproportioned alien-like body. That just looks odd. If they could have taken the face design of this new one and put it on the theatrical version it would have been better. The face on the theatrical cut was so bad.