Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thank God this book is twice a month. So far we've got...

1) The Children of the Vault are still around
    2) The 1st Horsemen of Apocalypse are either still around or have descendants still fighting their first enemy
    3) The Krakoa gates can be hacked.
    It really feels like he is building an X-universe for other writers to have fun in. He really feels like a director to me and i am really enjoying it. I can think of so many books and minis good writers can get a crack at just from what we have read in all the issues so far. It's really cool to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    People complaining about this being one-and-dones when Hickman told us that was what is was going to be before the book even launched. LMAO
    If there's one thing I've learned about the X-Fandom over the years it's that we'll ALWAYS find something to complain about. Sensible or not.

I mean really most had their minds made up about this book since the first preview. You either like it or you don't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The writing has been very boring, with bad characterization.
    And yet, there is absolutely nothing you can do to get him fired.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Very nice issue. I like the idea of using a few done in one to introduce treats and themes to the book for the long run instead of having a 5 issue Arakko arc and then a 5 issue hordehouse arc etc. Knowing how Hickman works from FF, Avengers and East of West all these things will intertwine and payoff in the long run. The issue itself was enjoyable. The old ladies are obviously augmented, Cyclops ray wow uso have been enough to put them down otherwise so I don’t find them unrealistic as enemies, I mean Magneto is 200 years old right?
    Magneto i slike 80-90 year old. An dhis powers help him keep the daddy bod

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned about the X-Fandom over the years it's that we'll ALWAYS find something to complain about. Sensible or not.
    Hence why I stopped taking it seriously aeons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thank God this book is twice a month. So far we've got...

1) The Children of the Vault are still around
    2) The 1st Horsemen of Apocalypse are either still around or have descendants still fighting their first enemy
    3) The Krakoa gates can be hacked.

People would've seeked therapy if there were 4-5 weeks between that.
    It got late, so thi smonth won't double ship

People complaining about this being one-and-dones when Hickman told us that was what is was going to be before the book even launched. LMAO
    People complained when HOX / POX turned out to establish a status quo and not be an event.

Exactly as Hickman said he would.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I thought we were PAST THAT!!!.

This was VERY embarrassing.......

Emma should have started throwing Mutant Diamond Hands on those Golden Girls...Old or Not your trespassing and your a Thief.
    I mean, I can tell you in my heart of hearts that these four old people will not be the downfall of Krakoa. They used their elderly status to catch both BK and Cyclops off guard, after the latter handily beat them. Cyclops felt bad for the old lady, did y’all think he was gonna mercilessly beat her to unconsciousness?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Writing the X-Men is different because the fans are something else lol
    X-men fans have different tastes...

I mean, I can tell you in my heart of hearts that these four old people will not be the downfall of Krakoa. They used their elderly status to catch both BK and Cyclops off guard, after the latter handily beat them. Cyclops felt bad for the old lady, did y’all think he was gonna mercilessly beat her to unconsciousness?
    Auntie Emma suggested the right thing to do yet again. Beat them senseless from afar, problem solved.

Exactly, any superhero that was not merciless or had spider-sense would have fallen for that.

And Shawn is an arrogant fool, nothing badly characterized there.

X-Men fans do some very toxic stanning.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    X-Men fans do some very toxic stanning.
    Yes

Well Hickman writes them like stiff robots and the Mutants are all extremist cultists so what else would he do?...

The dialogue between Emma and Jean is pure gold.

Unfortunately seeing the X-men getting their asses kicked by some aged old women who shoot some kind of disgusting slime isn't exactly what I call fun. However having an environmental eco terrorist group as an opponent of the X-men and Krakoa at first seems like a good idea.

In short I am divided regarding this issue I think 7 out of 10 is fair.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Well Hickman writes them like stiff robots and the Mutants are all extremist cultists so what else would he do?...
    Yeah, same. I was actually surprised to see a glimmer of compassion in Scott here--I thought that was gone for good.